Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ali27901

How can I be more fearless

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, Ali27901 said:

Salam

My question is that how I can be more courageous and fearless and I am Shia, I usually hear that Shia of Ali as don’t fear anybody but im always scared and also I overthink so much so does anyone have any dua, surah, any verse of Holy Qur'an that will help. Peace

Ws. Take deliberate effort to face your fears. For a relative I know, he got over this by physically doing the slaughtering of animals on eid day. Not because he likes it or wanted to, but he told himself, as a man, he should be able to do it. So he did.

Fear none but your own sin - Imam Ali (عليه السلام)

8 hours ago, Ali27901 said:

Salam

My question is that how I can be more courageous and fearless and I am Shia, I usually hear that Shia of Ali as don’t fear anybody but im always scared and also I overthink so much so does anyone have any dua, surah, any verse of Holy Qur'an that will help. Peace

Alhamdulilah,

Saying Bismillah with conviction and being absolutely ok with the outcome. The closer you strive to get closer to Allah and increase your remembrance of Allah you will increase your courage. 

Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) has said that writing Surah Houd on a sheepskin and keeping it in one’s possession at all times makes one so courageous and bold that nobody can defeat him in combat. Whoever sees him will be filled with fear.

Edited by AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola

991690913_images(81).jpeg.bb400d38e133ca2a1d141d30fbf9b5c9.jpeg

For Bob Marley fear is courage, his. 

fear of Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is...   alhamdulillah

Guest SuperMonad

The weak asking to be fearless on the internet where everyone hides behind a screen and fights like they are lions.

Why do you want to be fearless.

Through out history many men and women were fearless not just Muslims, Christians, Jews, hindoos, etc.

Perhaps the best course of action is to understand what it means to be fearless. Your idea is probably standing up to others, walking like you have super powers or you have muscles that all the girls go ohhhhhh and the guys go wow while you do matham shirtless!.

It is all incorrect.

Fearless means to be rational first. To have knowledge that allows one to make the right choices in life. Not to follow the crowd. To do good because it is good and not because you expect a reward. To realise that you are dealing with other humans who are JUST LIKE YOU and are pretending to be something they are not. They are always bluffing and using experience to take advantage over you. List goes on kiddo.

On 11/8/2019 at 4:51 PM, Ali27901 said:

Salam

You cannot “be” something that you “are not”.  
so you should stop trying.  If you ARE fearful then you ARE fearful.  If you ARE fearless then you ARE fearless.  

be who you are not who you are not.

Edited by eThErEaL

4 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

You cannot “be” something that you “are not”.  
so you should stop trying.  If you ARE fearful then you ARE fearful.  If you ARE fearless then you ARE fearless.  

be who you are not who you are not.

One can choose to change what they are, for example, a naturally (or based on nurture) cowardly person can decide to take active steps to nurture/increase their bravery/valour etc.

Same goes with many other characteristics that make part of who we "are".

1 hour ago, habib e najjaar said:

One can choose to change what they are, for example, a naturally (or based on nurture) cowardly person can decide to take active steps to nurture/increase their bravery/valour etc.

Same goes with many other characteristics that make part of who we "are

I don’t think one can change who they are.  Such a person was always at least potentially brave.  Like a seed waiting to grow into a flower.

As someone who was a shy introvert many of their younger years this is how I changed. First there is no such thing as completely 'fearless' its the ability to feel fear and not be constrained by it. 

First build your confidence, go to the gym, work alot on something become really good at it, then to slowly overcome fear do things that take you outside your comfort zone. I went abroad once with no phone or anything and went out sightseeing and taught myself to memorise routes back to my hotel as a mental test to handle stress. This is just an example.

Another is public speaking, at school uni or work volunteer to speak publicly because thats a fear many have. Also IF you engage in masturbation (yes its very common issue for many so im saying IF) then quit that and go start nofap or something. That alone sucks your confidence to 0.

As you knock down barriers in your comfort zone you'll become more fearless. Become friends with the adrenaline rush of fear, if it wasnt for that things like skydiving and bunjee jumping wouldn't be fun because there's no sense of fear for the adrenaline rush.

Edited by Muslimthought97

3. Avarice is disgrace; cowardice is a defect; poverty often disables an intelligent man from arguing his case; a poor man is a stranger in his own town; misfortune and helplessness are calamities; patience is a kind of bravery; to sever attachments with the wicked world is the greatest wealth; piety is the best weapon of defence.

5. The mind of a wise man is the safest custody of secrets; cheerfulness is the key to friendship; patience and forbearance will conceal many defects.

https://www.al-Islam.org/articles/various-sayings-Imam-Ali-ibn-abi-talib

Mountains2 may move from their position, but you should not move from yours. Grit your teeth. Lend to Allah your head (in fighting for Allah, give yourself to Allah). Plant your feet firmly on the ground. Have your eye on the remotest foe and close your eyes (to their numerical majority). And keep sure that succour is but from Allah, the Glorified.

تَزُولُ الجِبَالُ وَلاَ تَزُلْ! عَضَّ عَلَى نَاجِذِكَ، أَعِرِ اللهَ جُمجُمَتَكَ، تِدْ في الاْرْضِ قَدَمَكَ، ارْمِ بِبَصَرِكَ أَقْصَى القَوْمِ، وَغُضَّ بَصَرَكَ، وَاعْلَمْ أَنَّ النَّصْرَ مِنْ عِنْدِ اللهِ سُبْحَانَهُ.

https://www.al-Islam.org/nahjul-balagha-part-1-sermons/sermon-11-mountains-may-move-their-position-you-should-not

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Guest Monad

folk should not randomly just paste narration assuming it is universal. The FACT always remains that the narrations are always coercive based on the situation at hand. If something was said it ment they wanted others to act upon it in that particular situation. No wonder decent and naive Muslims grow mentally retarded, because no one is there to truly show the defects of such works.

14 hours ago, habib e najjaar said:

Same goes with many other characteristics that make part of who we "are".

Maybe what @eThErEaL is describing is the “non-attachment” of one’s emotions and feeling to “oneself” e.g. “I am” not fearful but rather more of an observer of “fear”. 

3 hours ago, Ejaz said:

Maybe what @eThErEaL is describing is the “non-attachment” of one’s emotions and feeling to “oneself” e.g. “I am” not fearful but rather more of an observer of “fear”. 

True fearless comes in realizing (in one’s heart) the One who is Eternally free of need and Self-Sufficient.  
This is the only way to not be fearful.  One should not want to BECOME fearless since the fearful can never “become” fearless.  One should rather witness That which is already  and eternally fearless and abide therein.  

Seeking to become this and that is a vain desire (even if one seeks to become courageous, wise, smart, beautiful, pious, etc etc).   All these are vain and petty desires.  One needs to let go of all such attachments.  Once these attachments disappear then only the Face of God remains. (Kullu Haalikun Illa Wajh)

Edited by eThErEaL

1 hour ago, eThErEaL said:

Seeking to become this and that is a vain desire (even if one seeks to become courageous, wise, smart, beautiful, pious, etc etc).   

Your suggestion of the above to be 'vain and petty' desires is an absolute contradiction to the teachings of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) 

They (عليه السلام) have been consistent in their praise and encouragement to their followers to attain such characteristics. 

4 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

Your suggestion of the above to be 'vain and petty' desires is an absolute contradiction to the teachings of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) 

They (عليه السلام) have been consistent in their praise and encouragement to their followers to attain such characteristics. 

Well.  Then perhaps I am going contrary to What you think they taught.  I could care less.

Eat quince

قال الامام علي بن ابي طالب (عليه السلام)
أكل السفرجل قوة للقلب الضعيف ويطيب المعدة ويذكي الفؤاد ويشجع الجبان ويحسن الولد
بحار الانوار ج66 ص168 ح6

On 11/8/2019 at 4:51 PM, Ali27901 said:

Salam

What is there to fear if the One in Whom there is Absolute Peace and Absolute Security is with you wherever you are?  You should fear nothing but your own self-induced ignorance of this All Pervasive Reality.

By the way, this has nothing to do with Shiasm.  You just have to be a dignified human to be fearless.  

Edited by eThErEaL

44 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

What is there to fear if the One in Whom there is Absolute Peace and Absolute Security is with you wherever you are?  You should fear nothing but your own self-induced ignorance of this All Pervasive Reality.

By the way, this has nothing to do with Shiasm.  You just have to be a dignified human to be fearless.  

Highly likely you don't understand Shiasm.

Shias are those who are followers of Ali (عليه السلام).

Ali (عليه السلام) is the AMIRUL Mukminin of every person on the Earth.  He knows how to serve Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) in the way approved by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).

He showed us how to be fearless and the same time in complete peace and tranquility.

During the battle of Khandaq, he was the only fearless person to challenge Umar ibn Abd Wuud.  Even when Umar spat at him, he was in complete control of his nafs in serving Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Ali (عليه السلام) was Rasulullah (عليه السلام) bed during hijrah and waiting to be killed.

Being a Shia and be a follower Amerul Mukminin Ali  (عليه السلام) will make the person Absolute Peace and Security in heart and souls.  Shias are those who believe in Imamate and Imamate is from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for humans to follows and it contains NAMES of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

Those who believe in Amerul Mukminin Ali (عليه السلام) as part of Imamate will receive Names of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) descend to their heart and souls.  They will becoming fearless as Amerul Mukminin has shown to a certain level.

In surah Hamd, we are asked to worship and seek help from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).  But Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) ask us, it has to be  through Siraltul Mustaqim.  That siratul mustaqim is Prophet and Imams.  

Be a Shia of Ali has all to do with achieving Absolute peace and security in self.

Perhaps, you have not yet tasted the sweetness of journey through Imamate in glorifying Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and therefore you discredit Shiasm.

5 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Well.  Then perhaps I am going contrary to What you think they taught.  I could care less.

I concur, either way you could care less. 

Just don't go around dispiriting a human soul who's genuinely trying to better himself, by you  claiming he can't, when in fact he absolutely can. 

Allah Ta'ala blessed us with the intellect and ability to modify our traits through self discipline. 

You present an 'enlightened' argument that defines seeking courage, wisdom and piety as 'vain and petty desires'; it's a shame that the enlightenment you attempt to spread couldn't assist you with a little empathy and encouragement to the OP.

Hardly a 'dignified human' way, and surely not the way to remain in 'The Face of God'.

1 hour ago, layman said:

Highly likely you don't understand Shiasm.

Shias are those who are followers of Ali (عليه السلام).

Ali (عليه السلام) is the AMIRUL Mukminin of every person on the Earth.  He knows how to serve Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) in the way approved by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).

He showed us how to be fearless and the same time in complete peace and tranquility.

During the battle of Khandaq, he was the only fearless person to challenge Umar ibn Abd Wuud.  Even when Umar spat at him, he was in complete control of his nafs in serving Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Ali (عليه السلام) was Rasulullah (عليه السلام) bed during hijrah and waiting to be killed.

Being a Shia and be a follower Amerul Mukminin Ali  (عليه السلام) will make the person Absolute Peace and Security in heart and souls.  Shias are those who believe in Imamate and Imamate is from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for humans to follows and it contains NAMES of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

Those who believe in Amerul Mukminin Ali (عليه السلام) as part of Imamate will receive Names of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) descend to their heart and souls.  They will becoming fearless as Amerul Mukminin has shown to a certain level.

In surah Hamd, we are asked to worship and seek help from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).  But Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) ask us, it has to be  through Siraltul Mustaqim.  That siratul mustaqim is Prophet and Imams.  

Be a Shia of Ali has all to do with achieving Absolute peace and security in self.

Perhaps, you have not yet tasted the sweetness of journey through Imamate in glorifying Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and therefore you discredit Shiasm.

I think you are a disgrace to Shiaism. 

2 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

I concur, either way you could care less. 

Just don't go around dispiriting a human soul who's genuinely trying to better himself, by you  claiming he can't, when in fact he absolutely can. 

Allah Ta'ala blessed us with the intellect and ability to modify our traits through self discipline. 

You present an 'enlightened' argument that defines seeking courage, wisdom and piety as 'vain and petty desires'; it's a shame that the enlightenment you attempt to spread couldn't assist you with a little empathy and encouragement to the OP.

Hardly a 'dignified human' way, and surely not the way to remain in 'The Face of God'.

My intention (and God is my witness) is to rely on you and the likes of you (on this thread) to give the OP encouragement and empathy.  It is important (you are right).  My intention (and God is my witness) was certainly NOT to discourage him.  When I write I am not speaking merely to the OP.  I write because I enjoy expressing myself and in the process I suspect there are other readers who might benefit from a  different angle of looking at this matter.  This different angle works for some people but not necessarily for others.  Someone I feel has to do this job and I like doing it.  I like and enjoy when I ruffle the feathers of some of you here (like Mr.. Layman and Yourself) because the Truth hardly ever appeases everyone.  But I like you both nevertheless.  :) 

My advice to you is to please stop judging me and for you to simply ignore my comments if you don’t find them useful.  

thank you

I think you are a disgrace to Shiaism. 

Since it is from you.. that is ok.

I disagreed with you on "this has nothing to do with Shiasm".  You don't understand Amerul Mukminin Ali(عليه السلام).

3 hours ago, layman said:

You don't understand Amerul Mukminin Ali(عليه السلام).

Salam,

Brother, If you don't agree with the statement that "you have to be a dignified human to be fearless", then you would disagree with the following verses too:

بَلَى مَنْ أَسْلَمَ وَجْهَهُ لِلّهِ وَهُوَ مُحْسِنٌ فَلَهُ أَجْرُهُ عِندَ رَبِّهِ وَلاَ خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلاَ هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ
2:112

فَمَن تَبِعَ هُدَايَ فَلاَ خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلاَ هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ
2:38

أَلا إِنَّ أَوْلِيَاء اللّهِ لاَ خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلاَ هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ
10:62

The ONLY way to get rid of fear is to be a dignified human. 

2 hours ago, Logic1234 said:

Salam,

Brother, If you don't agree with the statement that "you have to be a dignified human to be fearless", then you would disagree with the following verses too:

بَلَى مَنْ أَسْلَمَ وَجْهَهُ لِلّهِ وَهُوَ مُحْسِنٌ فَلَهُ أَجْرُهُ عِندَ رَبِّهِ وَلاَ خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلاَ هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ
2:112

فَمَن تَبِعَ هُدَايَ فَلاَ خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلاَ هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ
2:38

أَلا إِنَّ أَوْلِيَاء اللّهِ لاَ خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلاَ هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ
10:62

The ONLY way to get rid of fear is to be a dignified human. 

Salam, you misunderstood me.

I have said earlier that level of belief

12 hours ago, layman said:

Salam,

Based on level of level belief.  If a person reaches high level of conviction or yaakin, he can be fearless.

When the magicians saw what Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) did through Moses (عليه السلام) in the presence of Firaun, they just turned fearless to Firaun.

But, when @eThErEaL said  "this has nothing to do with Shiasm"I disagreed.  We live in the imamate stage.  Belief in Imamate has significant to be dignified human.  It is the fastest route and siraltulmustaqim.

If he just removed that  "this has nothing to do with Shiasm" statement, I would agreed with him.

13 minutes ago, layman said:

If he just removed that  "this has nothing to do with Shiasm" statement, I would agreed with him.

Salam,

What I have viewed is that he was answering to the OP in this statement. 

On 11/9/2019 at 2:51 AM, Ali27901 said:

I usually hear that Shia of Ali as don’t fear anybody but im always scared

Is this true? Do we not fear anybody? Yes we do fear! 

وَالَّذِينَ يَصِلُونَ مَا أَمَرَ اللّهُ بِهِ أَن يُوصَلَ وَيَخْشَوْنَ رَبَّهُمْ وَيَخَافُونَ سُوءَ الحِسَابِ
13:21

Or do we state that only brave & courageous are Shia's. Coward or Fearful persons cannot claim to have love of Ahlul Bayt ((عليه السلام)) or cannot become Shia? 

2 hours ago, layman said:

Salam, you misunderstood me.

I have said earlier that level of belief

When the magicians saw what Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) did through Moses (عليه السلام) in the presence of Firaun, they just turned fearless to Firaun.

But, when @eThErEaL said  "this has nothing to do with Shiasm"I disagreed.  We live in the imamate stage.  Belief in Imamate has significant to be dignified human.  It is the fastest route and siraltulmustaqim.

what I mean is that this has nothing to do with “Shiaism” per se.  There are many people who are not confessionally Shia but who are fearful of nothing but God.  

Edited by eThErEaL

what I mean is that this has nothing to do with “Shiaism” per se.  There are many people who are not confessionally Shia but who are fearful of nothing but God.  

Daesh has that type of belief.  They are fearful of nothing but God (that is what they claimed when they fight).  Many Sufis has that belief. They see ONLY Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) through their own methods.

Shias are those who fearful of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) through the methods taught by Ahlul Bayt, by Amerul Mukminin Ali (عليه السلام).

If you want to comment based on your ideology, I have no issue.  But when you mentioned "shiasm", that will raise a flag.

4 hours ago, Logic1234 said:

Salam,

What I have viewed is that he was answering to the OP in this statement. 

Is this true? Do we not fear anybody? Yes we do fear! 

وَالَّذِينَ يَصِلُونَ مَا أَمَرَ اللّهُ بِهِ أَن يُوصَلَ وَيَخْشَوْنَ رَبَّهُمْ وَيَخَافُونَ سُوءَ الحِسَابِ
13:21

Or do we state that only brave & courageous are Shia's. Coward or Fearful persons cannot claim to have love of Ahlul Bayt ((عليه السلام)) or cannot become Shia? 

Salam,

Fear is one character in human.  We do have fear in us.  If we channel it correctly, that fear is recommended.

If we fear to do haram or go against Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) then that is good.  It will push the self to do good.  Good type of fear is called taqwa.

True Shias are brave and courageous.  Shias are few.  Only in hereafter, true Shias are make known. As to now, non of us can claim we are true Shia.

Those who claim to have love of Ahlul Bayt are many.  They can be with all kind of characteristics, including coward and fearful.  Love of Ahlul Bayt is opened to all.

3 hours ago, layman said:

Daesh has that type of belief.  They are fearful of nothing but God (that is what they claimed when they fight).  Many Sufis has that belief. They see ONLY Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) through their own methods.

Shias are those who fearful of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) through the methods taught by Ahlul Bayt, by Amerul Mukminin Ali (عليه السلام).

If you want to comment based on your ideology, I have no issue.  But when you mentioned "shiasm", that will raise a flag.

I don’t have an ideology.  People who have ideologies turn out to be fanatics like the way you are sounding.  

2 hours ago, layman said:

If we fear to do haram or go against Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) then that is good.  It will push the self to do good.  Good type of fear is called taqwa.

This fear is something different. Taqwa and fear is different. This fear leads to taqwa but is not taqwa.

On 11/9/2019 at 3:21 AM, Ali27901 said:

but im always scared and also I overthink so much so does anyone have any dua, surah, any verse of Holy Qur'an that will help. Peace

and the person here is talking something different.He is having hard time dealing here in the world,maybe fearing to be in a loss,like a result or something.

I don’t have an ideology.  People who have ideologies turn out to be fanatics like the way you are sounding.  

I hate to say this, but others may say that those who "don't have an ideology" can turn out to be fanatics too.  Fanatics in "non ideology way".

Now, publically you have declared your belief or your way of thinking.  At least we can understand you more.

4 hours ago, Hussaini1912 said:

and the person here is talking something different.He is having hard time dealing here in the world,maybe fearing to be in a loss,like a result or something.

Salam, 

We don't know the background and everyone is so different in this world.  There is no short cut in life.  The individual has to struggle hard to overcome his internal fear for whatever reasons.  It maybe psychological factors or the ways he are brought up.

Duas, or ayats maybe just showing direction.  But the person must learn to know about himself.  

Being a Muslim, we believe that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) can open up a direction to us toward better understanding of our own personal issues that we want to overcome.

As for me, Surah Al Fatiha...the Opening...is the opening door to all solutions.  The siratul mustaqim is will bring us to the solutions.

3:139
So do not weaken and do not grieve, and you will be superior if you are [true] believers.

We need to be mukminin... so learn from the Amir of Mukminin...Ali ibnul Abu Talib (عليه السلام).  Start researching and practice.

Edited by layman

(1) Focus on removing all your insecurities. You need to work on your confidence. Have respect for yourself, love yourself. Don't let the negative thoughts of others affect you. 

(2) Expose yourself to all kinds of people. Get a job where you'll have to interact with a lot of people. The more people you talk on a daily basis, you'll find that there's nothing to fear.

(3) Maybe take up Marshall arts  or boxing classes. Once you're fit and strong, you'll naturally feel more confident. No person will scare you anynore. 

(4) Strengthen your connection with the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام). Gain religious knowledge consistently.