Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
thuglife

would a cat swimming work instead of a bath?

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, thuglife said:

Would this work? It can swim for a few minutes in the chlorine water pool and have the same results of a bath?

No, and the chlorine might be slightly toxic to the cat when it licks it from its fur. 

Try using dry wipes (you can find them in pet stores) if you have a smelly pet that you can't bathe, or brush the animal to reduce shedding. 

@habib e najjaar    l remember putting cats in water as a kid, but that Manx l had was different.

That Tom was still less than a year old and l can't remember what he got into, but l had to clean him. So what l did was run some cistern water into a bucket and since he followed me around almost all the time he was sitting right there. Then l got some soap and put it near his nose and he stretched over to smell it --like l wanted. l put some in the bucket and then took a soft brush and his paw and began to clean him. Then the other paw. Then l held him and did the rear paws. Then as l did his head real slow and careful. So buy the time l finished by doing his body, he had his paws on my leg just looking at me real contented like.

Even my sister didn't completely believe any cat, much less a Manx, would act like that. But like l wrote before, this was a good cat.

Cats usually are great at keeping themselves clean. But I've had to wash many a cat when they got into something that needed to come off right away. You need warm comfortable water and shampoo formulated for cats, although I used my own plenty of times. Some were okay with it. Some weren't. I have the scars to prove it. Do you have Kevlar gloves?