Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Anonymous1234

Mastrubation in Islam

Rate this topic

On 11/17/2019 at 4:21 PM, Revert1963 said:

The Prophet(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) did not speak out of his own desire when he delivered the message that Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ‎) had send down to him. The Qur'an has mostly been preserved because it was written down with in living memory of the Prophets family and companions. The Hadith was written much later. That is why there is a clear hierarchy between the Qur'an and the hadith. They are not equal. The Qur'an contain the message of Allah. The Hadith contain a compilation of what people 200 years later perceived to be the tradition (or sunnah) of the Prophet and his contemporary's. I am not rejecting the hadith. I think it has a value as tradition. I just don't think it has the same authority as the Qur'an.

Well you pretty much are rejecting it when you reason that anything that is forbidden by the hadith but not by the Qur'an is actually permissible.

Which brings back my question: is necrophilia permissible in Islam?

Wallahu a'lam

9 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

Well you pretty much are rejecting it when you reason that anything that is forbidden by the hadith but not by the Qur'an is actually permissible.

Which brings back my question: is necrophilia permissible in Islam?

Wallahu a'lam

My point is that Masturbation is not mentioned directly in the Qur'an. It is all a matter of interpretation whether done by Imam Jaffar Al-Sadiq or anybody else. I am not in a position to say what is permissible and neither is you. I put my trust in Allah. Have a nice day.

2 hours ago, Revert1963 said:

My point is that Masturbation is not mentioned directly in the Qur'an. It is all a matter of interpretation whether done by Imam Jaffar Al-Sadiq or anybody else. I am not in a position to say what is permissible and neither is you. I put my trust in Allah. Have a nice day.

Indeed I am not in that position. The Holy Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) and the a'immah (عليه السلام) have already clarified this matter.

Nice day to you too.

Wallahu a'lam 

On 11/16/2019 at 11:40 AM, Ali~J said:

not having sexual relations for a long time (from puberty onwards) can lead to prostate cancer in men and can cause things like epididymal hypertension (which I suffer from) maybe even psychological problems. This is why early marriage is recommended so much in Islam

If one cannot get married or do mutah for a very long time after puberty (for example 15-20 years) and they also do not masturbate because it is haram, then what can they do so that they don't suffer from any medical or psychological effects? 

Most young people fall in this category where they have to wait  for atleast a decade or even more before they get their first halal opportunity to have sexual fulfillment. Now if they masturbate, they will be sinning, but they will at least have some sexual outlet and will therefore not suffer from any negative psychological issues. But masturbation is prohibited, so this method is out of the way. 

But if they don't masturbate, and also don't have halal sexual outlets, then what means can they adopt in their unmarried lives which will save them from any psychological negatives or health issues that could arise from a completely unfulfilled desire? 

Basically the question is that......if an unmarried person doesn't want to suffer from any physical or mental issues that will arise because he doesn't have any halal options and also doesn't masturbate, then are there any methods or ways which he can adopt, which will save him from all these negative issues of a sexual desire which is not being fullfilled even by masturbation. 

If there is no such way, or it is not possible to avoid the "negative issues" before marriage, then one could argue that these issues are being caused not just by society which makes it difficult to get married early but also by Islam which prohibits masturbation categorically. 

But we know that nothing in Islam is "negative". This means that if Islam wants that an unmarried person should never masturbate (no matter how difficult it may be), then it must be a very positive thing to have an absolutely unfulfilled sexual desire before marriage.

In other words, an unmarried person should find a solution that even though he has no halal sexual outlet AND he also doesn't ever commit masturbation but still he feels no negative consequences or physical health issues.

Islam must have given a solution for this......so question is....What has Islam said that what can be that solution where a person is unmarried and hence completely sexually deprived and yet fully chaste (no masturbation at all) and also suffers no psychological issues or health problems because of unfulfilled desire? 

The answer to this question should be the target of every Muslim man who is unmarried, trying to avoid masturbation and in the process, is getting frustrated because of lack of halal sex. Frustration, negative sexual effects and harmful physical condition should not be the outcome of a chaste pre-marital, masturbation free life. 

Edited by Anonymous-Male

21 hours ago, Anonymous-Male said:

If one cannot get married or do mutah for a very long time after puberty (for example 15-20 years) and they also do not masturbate because it is haram, then what can they do so that they don't suffer from any medical or psychological effects? 

This is nonsense. I have gone through long periods of my adult life in strict celibacy which means no masturbating as well as no sex and there were no harmful medical or psychological effects, I have though noticed harmful effects of masturbating in my adult life, and before that in my teenaged years I noticed the harm that it did.

I agree with you. My question was only in response to a comment that says being unmarried for long periods will cause medical problems. In a way that would imply that following Islam (staying chaste before marriage) causes medical & psychological damage, and we know that nothing in Islam is designed to cause any damage to physical or mental health. 

Salam, 

Islam discourages being unmarried (or delay it) when we are able to get married, let alone for long periods.  Being unmarried for long periods is not from the teaching of Islam.

وَأَنْكِحُوا الْأَيَامَىٰ مِنْكُمْ وَالصَّالِحِينَ مِنْ عِبَادِكُمْ وَإِمَائِكُمْ ۚ إِنْ يَكُونُوا فُقَرَاءَ يُغْنِهِمُ اللَّهُ مِنْ فَضْلِهِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ وَاسِعٌ عَلِيمٌ

"Marry the single people from among you and the righteous slaves and slave-girls. If you are poor, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will make you rich through His favour; and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is Bountiful, All-Knowing." (Surah 24, Verse 32)

In this verse, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) commands us (by Him using the imperative form of the verb) to marry the single, righteous man/woman from among us. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) even gives us a guarantee that if we are poor or lack the proper funds, still we should not delay the marriage as Allah will take care of the couple and grant them bounties from His Grace and Mercy.

وَلْيَسْتَعْفِفِ الَّذِينَ لَا يَجِدُونَ نِكَاحًا حَتَّىٰ يُغْنِيَهُمُ اللَّهُ مِنْ فَضْلِهِ ۗ

"And let those who cannot find someone to marry maintain chastity until Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) makes them rich through His favours ..."(Surah 24, Verse 33)

In the continuation of Surah 24, in the above quoted verse, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) commands the believers to remain chaste and faithful if they cannot find a suitable spouse to marry until Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) grants them bounties out of His favors. Thus, one must not resort to evil, sin or illicit sexual relationships because they cannot find a permanent spouse.

قالَ رَسُولُ اللهِ (صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلّمَ): مِنْ سُنَّتِي أَلتَّزْوِيجُ فَمَنْ رَغِبَ عَنْ سُنَّتِي فَلَيْسَ مِنِّي.

The Messenger of Allah (S) has said, "Of my tradition is to marry. So then whoever turns away from my tradition (Sunnah) is not from me (my nation)."

عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللهِ (عَلَيْهِ السَّلامُ): جاءَ رَجُلٌ إِلى أَبِي فَقالَ لَهُ: هَلَ لَكَ زَوْجَةٌ؟ قالَ لا. قالَ (عَلَيهِ السَّلامُ): لا أُحِبُّ أَنّ لِيَ الدُّنْيا وَما فِيها وَإِنِّي أُبِيتُ لَيْلَةً لَيْسَ لِي زَوْجَةٌ.

It has been narrated from Abi Abdillah that, "A man once came to my father. My father asked him, "Are you married?" The man replied, 'No.' My father (عليه السلام) replied, 'I would not love to have the world and all that is contained within it if it meant I had to spend one night without a woman (beside me).'"

Humans make too many excuses to delay in marriage.

35 minutes ago, layman said:

Islam discourages being unmarried (or delay it) when we are able to get married, let alone for long periods.  Being unmarried for long periods is not from the teaching of Islam.

Nobody is doubting that, everyone agrees that people should get married early. However, many people are not able to get married soon and have to wait for a decade or even more after puberty. This is for reasons beyond their control and they have no choice in this. 

There are also some scenarios where people really cannot get married for extended periods, for example people who are prisoners. 

32 minutes ago, Anonymous-Male said:

Nobody is doubting that, everyone agrees that people should get married early. However, many people are not able to get married soon and have to wait for a decade or even more after puberty. This is for reasons beyond their control and they have no choice in this. 

There are also some scenarios where people really cannot get married for extended periods, for example people who are prisoners. 

Salam,

I understand the scenario.

The next choice is to be mukmin...

bismillah.gif

[Shakir 23:1] Successful indeed are the believers,
[Shakir 23:2] Who are humble in their prayers,
[Shakir 23:3] And who keep aloof from what is vain,
[Shakir 23:4] And who are givers of poor-rate,
[Shakir 23:5] And who guard their private parts

Imam Ja’far As-Sadiq (عليه السلام) said, “The best worship of Allah is to protect ones private parts from haram (illegitimate) acts.” One person asked, “O Imam (عليه السلام)! My actions are not commendable nor do I fast regularly. But I strive hard to have a halal (legitimate) livelihood.” The Imam (عليه السلام) said, “There is no prayer greater than the chastity of the stomach and the private parts.”

The Prophet of Islam (S) has said, “The biggest causes of my followers going to the Hell are two empty things, the empty stomach and their private parts.”

The Imam Ja’far As-Sadiq (عليه السلام) is reported to have said to Najm, “O Najm! All Shi’as will be with us in the Heaven but imagine the predicament of those whose failings would be exposed there.” Najm asked the Imam (عليه السلام), “O Imam! Will this be the condition of your Shi’as?” He said, “Yes! If he has not guarded his belly and the private parts.”

If a person cannot chose the legal way of to satisfy sexual drives such as getting marry early because to obey Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى),  follow the sunnah of Prophet and teachings of Imams and try to be mukmin.... the  he/she choose to be a sinner, it is a choice that the person has to make.

Islam will not force anyone, except to show them the way to success.

Another issue, private type sins and not having other people to know it...it is between him and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).  Even if someone drink beer and only himself knows it...it is up to him and his Rabb.  He has the big chance to make Taubah.  Repentance is allowed for humans but not for Iblis and his gangs.

We pray for Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to forgive us (we are sinners), and show us the right path.

If someone came to me and say he mastubated privately, I will tell him that that I don't believe him. I also tell him that mastubation is not allowed if you want to be mukmin.  I pray that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will show him to the right path.  The reason is to keep the private sins within himself and his Rabb.

On 11/18/2019 at 1:51 AM, Revert1963 said:

The Prophet(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) did not speak out of his own desire when he delivered the message that Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ‎) had send down to him. The Qur'an has mostly been preserved because it was written down with in living memory of the Prophets family and companions. The Hadith was written much later. That is why there is a clear hierarchy between the Qur'an and the hadith. They are not equal. The Qur'an contain the message of Allah. The Hadith contain a compilation of what people 200 years later perceived to be the tradition (or sunnah) of the Prophet and his contemporary's. I am not rejecting the hadith. I think it has a value as tradition. I just don't think it has the same authority as the Qur'an.

Salam it was Sunni hadiths that recorded 200 years after demise of Prophet Muhammad (pbu) but Shia hadiths recorded from time of Prophet Muhammad (pbu) by Imam Ali (عليه السلام) that he prohibited masturbation when he became caliph but three caliphs didn't do anything about it because it was practiced by them before converting to Islam so they couldn't stand against it also during Umayyid & Abbasid era they were keeping busy people with sins to rule over them that in Abbasid era "Mamun" at time of Imam Jawad (عليه السلام) appointed ibn Aksam   as his grand judge that was infamous for doing masturbation & homosexuality & pedophilia among people  that a Sunni  poet name of Ahmad ibn Abi naeim  made a poem in  presence of Mamun about it that becomes a quote among people " our king (Mamun) takes bribe & our judge  (Yahay ibn Aksam) is doing sodomy & worst of evil act is that  comes from  our leaders " or " when problems of world & people will be fixed when our grand judge is doing sodomy ,... that punishes zina based on Sharia law but sodomites are feeling safe beside him" that now wahabists are supporting this idea that every leader can do any type of sin in front of people but nobody can't even blame them also Sunni sources are supporting masturbation by sex toys that made from animal organs &  skins instead of Mutah that they know it as Zina against word of Qur'an & tradition of Prophet Muhmmad (pbu) 

https://www.adyannet.com/fa/news/27344

about Prophet Muhammad (pbu) that said he was a normal human was an answer to Christians that said why Allah doesn't send his Prophet as an angel or something else than human

from response of Imam Hadi (عليه السلام) to Yahya ibn Aksam that said Prophet (pbu) was a nomal human being like others that was making mistakes by wrong interpretation of verses of Qur'an

The addressee is the Prophet, but he was not suspicious in the revelation revealed to him, but the ignorant ones said, 'Why did Allah not send an angel to send a message between us and didn't make separation between us and his Prophet?' He also eats and drinks and walks in the markets. ?Allah has revealed that in the presence of these fools you should ask those who were familiar with the scriptures before you. Has God ever sent a message to mankind that he should not eat or drink and go to the markets? Like you and the interpretation that if you have doubt that he did not has doubt, it is in terms of appeasement and companionship as commanded with them in the verse of the Qur'an Say: Come and invite our children and your children and our women and your women and ourselves and us and ourselves, then curse and curse of Allah on the liars. Of course the liars were Christians and there was no doubt about it but If he had said that we would put curse of Allah on you, they would not have been accepted the Mubahila and Allah would has known that his Prophet would deliver His messages and he would not be a liar. Here, too, he was sure of his Prophet's truthfulness, but Allah wanted to speak with the claimant as neutral observant.

https://hawzah.net/fa/goharenab/View/69548/-امام-هادی-و-پاسخ-به-سئوالات-یحیی-ابن-اکثم

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

On 11/22/2019 at 5:11 AM, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

@Revert1963 
video: [Allah Sent the Qur'an with Prophet Muhammad Not to Him! | Shaykh Azhar Nasser]

I don't think that a speech makes any more sense if it has reverb on it. :)

On 11/15/2019 at 7:37 PM, Revert1963 said:

Qur'an does not mention masturbation. Neither as a sin nor otherwise.

Qur'an does mention masturbation as a sin.

A woman (wife) can sexually please a man (husband) by masturbation it is halal.
But a man can not sexually please a man (himself) by masturbation as it is homosexuality and disliked by Allah.

On 12/4/2019 at 2:10 PM, Shahrukh K said:

Qur'an does mention masturbation as a sin.

A woman (wife) can sexually please a man (husband) by masturbation it is halal.
But a man can not sexually please a man (himself) by masturbation as it is homosexuality and disliked by Allah.

When quoting the quraan could you please write which Surah and which Ayat?