Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AStruggler

How do I feel khushu AND ikhlas (sincerety) when repenting AND in prayer?

Rate this topic

Salam,

A friend told me...

During prayer, when you is not longer you, then khushu sets in.  

If we still ourselves, then so many things in the brain will distract us.  Even our prayer matt will distract us.

Before starting a prayer, preparation is important.  From wuduq, standing up on prayer matt, reading duas and asking Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for protection from syaitans. 

Then read salawat and blessings to Prophets, Imams, in particular for Imam Mahdi.

Then, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will descent khushu on that souls who is making prayer to Allahswt.  Why Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) send khushu?  Because He sees Nuur of Muhammad in you, and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) (and Angels)will always send blessings when Nuur of is presence.  Khushu will set in.

Can you imagine when reading surah Al Fatiha during salat... Alhamduillilahi Rabil aalamin.. it is as the Prophet(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) saying to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), but through your body... or as is the Prophet and All Imams (عليه السلام), plus all Nabi, shuhadas, walis..  addressing Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) in unison. And your souls are part of it (in the house of Allah, Kaaba).  The feeling of Greatness of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is so much... because we will feel the Greatness of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) as the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) would feel or as Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) would feel it.., eventhough at a very very small percentage because we are sinners.

That unity of our souls with our Prophet and Imams during prayer will bring us khushu.

That Salam to Prophet and Ale Muhammad during final tasyahud at the end prayer is when the unity of souls with our Prophets and Imams stop for while until next prayer.

Wallahu alam.

1. Niyyah of the prayer should be Qurbantan illalhe. NOTHING ELSE!  Prepare yourself to offer prayer only because you seek closeness to Him. 

2. Khushu refers to the submissiveness, gentleness and humility. Throughout the day train your heart to be submissive to Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) by reminding yourself of your transgressions and his utmost mercy. 

"My ignorance and audacity against You did not stop You from guiding me to that which would take me closer to You, and from facilitating for me that which would take me closer to You.” - Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) Dua Arafah.

3. Like I have said many times elsewhere The Whispered Prayers of Imam Sajjad (عليه السلام) are such a powerful tool for developing a relationship with Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).Pick one to recite every day depending upon your emotional state, my personal favourites being the Whispered prayers of  (a) Lovers (b) Devotees  and (c)Complainers but you can pick whatever you feel like and read it with translation.They are very short (won't take you longer than five minutes) but slowly you will develop this relationship of joy and pleasure with Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Slowly you will see that you won't have to force yourself for Salat, because Salat will turn into a meeting,a special secret conversation with Him that you will look forward to throughout the day. You won't have to coerce yourself for Salat, you will be waiting for the time so you can go meet Him after washing and grooming yourself with due diligence, wearing nice clothes, perfume some days. 

4. Something that helps me is offering prayers in solitude, might not be possible for you every time since jamaat prayers are highly recommended but it helps me concentrate more. 

On 11/2/2019 at 7:35 PM, AStruggler said:

By first of all not wanting to feel it.  Khushu and Ikhlas are not your gods or things you should desire.  Don’t worship that and don’t seek that.

you should be empty of seeking anything, just understand your lowliness, your utter inability to do anything worthy.  And then when you recite the words of God in the prayer, attribute all worthiness to Him.  Your prayer is not yours, it is the Prophet’s prayer to God (as revealed to him by God).  There isn’t your prayer and the Prophet’s prayer.  There is simply only the perfect prayer that exists (the Prophet’s Salat) and all other prayers are but phantom shadows of that real prayer of the Prophet.