In the Name of God بسم الله

Off topic posts removed. Please refrain from arguing. 

• Development Team
On 11/2/2019 at 4:06 PM, Allah Seeker said:

Yes I dream of sitting in a teepee with a tribal elder smoking a peace pipe, and practicing my native American this way.

There is no such  language known as "Native American" but there are many Native American languages (Lakota, Nahautl, Cherokee, Iroquois, Kalaallissut, Mayan languages, etc.)

It would be like me walking up to an Arab and saying "I want to learn Middle Eastern".

I'm assuming you want to learn a Plains language by the sound of things.

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Nightclaw said:

Yes, I have. I remember being in a debate with.. what's his name... not Christian Prince, but the other one with "Christian" in his name. Anyway, I was in his Discord and he kept muting me and never posted the video of us debating whenever I talked about the Bible. He said I was running and the next time I mentioned the Bible, the debate is over - despite the debate surrounding the Bible and he moved it to the Qur'an, consistently trying to attack it!

Ohh haha, may Allah guide him.

As for me being a student of Islamic studies, yes - I am. I have a long way to go, however. Even halfway through memorizing Imam Nawawi's 40 narrations (I know, it's pretty bad), I see how small I really am when I see others having all 40 narrations memorized and chapters of Sahih Bukhari and Muslim memorized. This is especially impressive when they can give the chains for them and the biography off the top of their head.

Woah that is a lot of memorization, have you memorized the Quran?

I know. I try my best to emulate the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him. I want to be like him as much as I can, so I always try my best. I always look at things that people say about me - if it's true and bad, I fix it. If not, I leave it. It's pretty hard, but whatever takes you out of your comfort zone when improving is only good for you.

MashaAllah, that's a good mindset. A Shaykh by the name of Shaykh Mahdi Rastani once expressed, some of the most truthful advice we may receive often comes to us in the most harshest manner. Allah will deal the harsh rebuker, but analyzing if his words hold true and then making corrections if necessary is definitely in our benefit. 

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, AStruggler said:

Woah that is a lot of memorization, have you memorized the Quran?

12 hours ago, Nightclaw said:

It is and yes.

3 hours ago, AStruggler said:

MashaAllah, that's a good mindset. A Shaykh by the name of Shaykh Mahdi Rastani once expressed, some of the most truthful advice we may receive often comes to us in the most harshest manner. Allah will deal the harsh rebuker, but analyzing if his words hold true and then making corrections if necessary is definitely in our benefit. 

I agree. I think it's good advice for all of us. 

• Advanced Member

1 raised up with 4 languages..(slavic,english,arabic+language of the country where i now live in (anonymous))

and know i am also try to learn even Hebrew, and old arameic ( i really want to know whats written on those old scriptures) but i am really busy last times so i am delying it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Advanced Member

I only know English fluently (and perhaps very well as I'm a creative writer). However, I know bits and pieces of various others. It's one of the unfortunate consequences of being born in North America: being monolingual. Most Europeans and Asians are at least bilingual, which I've always envied.

Edited by JannahLM

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member
On 11/24/2023 at 3:26 PM, JannahLM said:

I only know English fluently (and perhaps very well as I'm a creative writer). However, I know bits and pieces of various others. It's one of the unfortunate consequences of being born in North America: being monolingual. Most Europeans and Asians are at least bilingual, which I've always envied.

Pretty easy these days to learn another language. Being in Canada, I think you should at least focus on French, no?