Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
hasanhh

Conspiracy Theories

Rate this topic

l found this 2015 article, "Margins to the Mainstream" by Mark Potok and Don Terry. [SPLC Intell Report, Winter 2015, lssue 159, p.26]

l'II quote the opening paragraphs:

Banner: "There is nothing that makes a man suspect much, more than to know little." Francis Bacon, Of Suspicion, 1625 

Opening: "America, as the famous historian Richard Hofstadter famously noted in 1964, is a place perculiarly given to "the paranoid style" of politics--the idea that history is no accident, but rather the outcome of a series of conspiracies. The surface of events is never what it appears, but instead hides deep, dark and destructive forces.

What Hofstadter called "movements of suspicious discontent" have targeted imaginary threats ranging from the lIIuminati, Freemasons and Jesuits of long ago all the way to the Communist infiltration alleged by Joseph McCarthy and the John Birch Society in the mid-20th century. And since Hofstadter's seminal essay, the list of alleged evildoers has kept on growing, especially on the far right, where global elites are today seen as secretly laboring to build a totalitarian "New World Order".

Although it is difficult to make valid historical comparisons, it is hard to avoid feeling that our country is drowning in an even larger ocean of conspiracy theories now than in decades or centuries past: President 0bama is an Kenyan and a Marxist . . . ; Common Core educational standards are part of a plot to impose communism on the US; exercises in Texas this (that -ed) summer are actually a first step toward martial law; and on and on and on.

0ne factor fertilizing such beliefs is the proliferation of alternative forms of media, from cable television to talk radio to social media and a seemingly endless number of websites. Almost any belief that a person has, no matter how far out or disconnected from the facts, has some kind of "news" source to back it up.

-->   But what may be even more important in the highly polarized political environment of the United States in recent years has been the willingness of large numbers of politicians-- [redact] --to legitamize the fairy tales. [underline added -ed.]

Selected Fary Tale ltems:  Sara Palin accusing 0bama of organizing "death panels" as part of his healthcare plan;  that cities were planning to merge Mexico and Canada in the U.S.; Agenda21 was a plan to communize (rather than a UN/Rio1992  communique on natural resources -ed.); Sharia Law a.k.a. "sharia panic" that Muslims intend on undermining our Constitution (even though Sharia is in the Bible, Exodus Chap 21-22ff  for example-ed); gun grab excuses by totalitarians of the left or right(which is likely if allowed -ed)FEMA constructed 'concentration camps' starting in 1982; Money Manipulators controlling our finances (well, there are always people trying to do this -ed.)Secret Muslim terrorist training camps; [and you can remember others -ed.].

OP-ED: to which l can add 'the race card'.

OPINE: l personally found MiddleEasterners more prone to conspiracy theories than Amerikans. Zionism and more recently KSA are the origin of every bad and undesirable thing. [Yes, l know decades of Arab gov't propaganda underlies this.]

Edited by hasanhh

On 10/27/2019 at 3:33 PM, hasanhh said:

OPINE: l personally found MiddleEasterners more prone to conspiracy theories than Amerikans. Zionism and more recently KSA are the origin of every bad and undesirable thing. [Yes, l know decades of Arab gov't propaganda underlies this.]

I am a Western European and neither an American or a Middle Easterner however while I do not think they are behind everything undesirable I do think that the Zionists, the KSA and the Yankee State are behind very much that humanity could do without to put it mildly. That people conspire and that States do things they want kept secret should be obvious to anyone- however "Conspiracy Theories" as in the Illuminati" or "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" type stuff I find daft- however I believe that people who believe the official story about 9/11 are just if not more daft.

4 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

The way it is, who wants it?

Cause the discourse, bring the only solution, control everything.

Buy a pipeline, then pay people to protest it's progress until they stall it. Then promise to build it and pay the protesters to shut up. It remains to be built because foreign interest also bribes indigenous chiefs to protest. Trudeau Foundation received the biggest donation yet through third party non profit foundations originating from Soros, to promote Greta and win the green vote, then passes it on the to Clinton foundation.

Canada is killing ALL of it's resources, (not just gas and oil), giving billions in borrowed money to countries that could care less. How long before the coolest country in the free world is bankrupt? Who will pay the debt and at what cost? It might be good to learn Arabic.

Soros can't buy Trump.

3 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

George Soros wants to rule the world before he dies, thus the world in panic.

Years ago, l was watching Llewellyn King's White House Chronicles. He opens his program with a comment and in this case he was relating a meeting with Soros. They were at a conference where the subject was the problem with land mines and how to get rid of them. King said when he went outside, Soros was standing there waiting for his car and the two began to talk for fifteen minutes. King asked him how much he was willing to commit to a workable idea for mine removal (answere: $100million) and they discussed other subjects. Then after the car arrived they parted company. Then King said, "lt was sooooo nice to once talk to a billionaire who wasn't full of himself."  

On 10/27/2019 at 8:33 PM, hasanhh said:

OP-ED: to which l can add 'the race card'.

a24.png

I like how @hasanhh has become a self-appointed ShiaChat mini-columnist these days. When did this become a thing?

1 hour ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

I like how @hasanhh has become a self-appointed ShiaChat mini-columnist these days. When did this become a thing?

We need more people willing to spend some time putting thought into their opinions and their thoughts into words. Shiachat thrives on diversity of ways of thinking. I don't know when it became a thing, but @hasanhh, thanks. 

2 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Well, my family is still waiting for our paycheck from " foreign interests" for protesting. Lol. 

If you're doing it on your own there's no need to pay you. If they need protesters in your area and nobody's moving they'll recruit. 

15 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

If you're doing it on your own there's no need to pay you. If they need protesters in your area and nobody's moving they'll recruit. 

You do realize it's not difficult to find a group of people to protest Injustice of any kind, right? There's never a need to pay anyone. Even those Trump rally weirdos are real life people, demented people, but people. (Some of them are relatives of mine.)

1 minute ago, LeftCoastMom said:

^ still wondering about all those mysterious " theys". Every protest I've been in has been like a lot of my food...locally sourced, homegrown and organic.

so guess I'm a " they". Lol.

I guess that level of corruption hasn't seeped into the States yet. Of course Trudeau is special in his own way. He was caught paying into a "foundation" that payed people to protest against the pipeline he bought for $4.5B. all while telling Canadians he was pushing it through, riding swamper was the Alberta premier all up in her rainbow dress. Now that she's opposition she can honestly fight against the pipeline. When confronted with the funding Trudeau said everyone has a right to free speech, when asked to clarify he moved on to a women's rights rant. Relevance doesn't seem to matter. 

Maybe you have to come protest in Canada. Bring a really big parka and warm boots. We're hovering around the American 0 degrees. I have to go out now and push a foot of climate change out of the way before the car goes anywhere.

On 11/7/2019 at 8:53 AM, LeftCoastMom said:

Or from Soros...either way. Christmas is coming.

:ko:"l can't stand it. CBS at about 1000 junk l had on in the background . . . these . . . whatevers . . . we singing xmas carols this morning.

"I could just scream"

But actually, l cursed.

On 11/7/2019 at 12:29 PM, notme said:

Be safe.

It's 70 degrees here in Virginia. 

70 is perfect, I'd take that all year round. High today was 19F. Headed for sub zero over the weekend. Everybody up here was looking forward to global warming.

Speaking of conspiracy theories...Has anybody seen the list of 11000 scientists yet? This the only source I've found.

https://scientistswarning.forestry.oregonstate.edu/signatories     You won't find it on their main page. There's a tiny link to a companion page, from there you can check members including this list of scientists. 

I'm not sure if this is the list everyone is talking about but if it is, finding legit scientists doesn't happen in the first few pages and I'm not up to going through the entire list. 

I found one legit climate scientist in the bunch, retired environmental scientist, but he's on the recent donors list, not the member list. The founder of the site was a disgruntled IBM IT super nerd with a masters in environmental management, a bachelors in experimental psychology. Majored in psychology but his genius was math.

How much credibility is there in any list?

70 is perfect, I'd take that all year round. High today was 19F. Headed for sub zero over the weekend. Everybody up here was looking forward to global warming.

Speaking of conspiracy theories...Has anybody seen the list of 11000 scientists yet? This the only source I've found.

https://scientistswarning.forestry.oregonstate.edu/signatories     You won't find it on their main page. There's a tiny link to a companion page, from there you can check members including this list of scientists. 

I'm not sure if this is the list everyone is talking about but if it is, finding legit scientists doesn't happen in the first few pages and I'm not up to going through the entire list. 

I found one legit climate scientist in the bunch, retired environmental scientist, but he's on the recent donors list, not the member list. The founder of the site was a disgruntled IBM IT super nerd with a masters in environmental management, a bachelors in experimental psychology. Majored in psychology but his genius was math.

How much credibility is there in any list?

I find this list reasonably credible:

http://www.opr.ca.gov/facts/list-of-scientific-organizations.html

3 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

I'm having so much trouble...The ozone layer healing itself in spite China's cloro/flouro/carbon releases. More polar bears than ever but don't tell anybody or you get fired, Great barrier reef actually poisoned, not climate change related...

Flood barriers built on 30, 50, 100 year flood cycle barrier height requirements. 
If the world ends in 15 years, why can you still get a 25 yr mortgage?

I'm going to die believing the Revelation to John included events that humans had no part in, and no control over.

4 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Which, of course, being from the Goofynor's Orafice for the Beautiful People's Republic of Callowfornica it includes the Cuban Acadamy of Science.

:hahaha:"Mods, l just have to have a free-pass with this one. Pleeeezzzzz."

1 hour ago, Son of Placid said:

The ozone layer healing itself in spite China's cloro/flouro/carbon releases.

lt never "healed". At both Magnetic Poles, highly charged particles from the Solar Wind travel the magnetic lines and converge at these two locations. Since the first ionization level for N2 and its seperation is 73Volts -as l remember- even these are split. In sum: l was all another fraud, like Radon Gas warnings.

Edited by hasanhh
clarification

8 hours ago, hasanhh said:

lt never "healed". At both Magnetic Poles, highly charged particles from the Solar Wind travel the magnetic lines and converge at these two locations. Since the first ionization level for N2 and its seperation is 73Volts -as l remember- even these are split. In sum: l was all another fraud, like Radon Gas warnings.

That's what I was wondering. It was a major shift in the manufacturing industry, cost companies millions in finding new solvents. 

The latest pictures NASA put out tend to agree with what you say. Thinnest over the poles, thickest around the poles. 

4 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

ls their a list for the "deniers".

lf their is, l'Il sign on.

I haven't seen it yet but there's a list of 500 scientists who deny climate emergency. That might be where all the credible scientists are. 

1 hour ago, Son of Placid said:

I haven't seen it yet but there's a list of 500 scientists who deny climate emergency. That might be where all the credible scientists are. 

With tenure, advancement and all at stake, l am surprised, in a way, there are this many. Political incorrectnesss is not tolerated on campuses in Amerika.

On November 9, 2019 at 11:18 PM, hasanhh said:

Which, of course, being from the Goofynor's Orafice for the Beautiful People's Republic of Callowfornica it includes the Cuban Acadamy of Science.

:hahaha:"Mods, l just have to have a free-pass with this one. Pleeeezzzzz."

Stating that you don't care for Cuba or California is a personal socio-political statement, not a scientific one. It doesn't negate their research or the research of the couple of hundred other global organizations,including Islamic ones.

22 hours ago, hasanhh said:

With tenure, advancement and all at stake, l am surprised, in a way, there are this many. Political incorrectnesss is not tolerated on campuses in Amerika.

College campuses usually invite speakers with varying views.

Denying climate change isn't tolerated on a lot of scientific sites not associated with universities,from what I can see.

^ oh, heavens, not really! One of my son's college had one rabid right-winger speak years ago. Had quite a bit to say about what the nation should do with all the Muslims. There was, of course, a protest. But the speech was completed. One enterprising young woman came with a big sign protesting the speaker and tried to get into the auditorium . Signs were not allowed inside. The campus guards took it away from  her. She retrieved it, retreated, went to the women's bathroom and stripped to her undies, then went back in wearing the sign as a long dress. They let it in that time. 

Edited by LeftCoastMom

On 11/10/2019 at 2:45 PM, hasanhh said:

The interesting part is those who haven't signed up to the list. There's only one Author in the group from the IPPC, and none from the IPCC. The list seems to be the hands-on researchers in need of funds, and a bunch of sympathizers calling themselves scientists with no credentials. Would it be considered politically incorrect not to sign?

researchers in need of funds,

There is a lot of truth in this.

My favorite faculty fraud is fusion research.

Even though research into nuclear fusion started in the 50s l recently learned, l was aware of it by the mid 60s.

Ever so often over the years there'd be an announcement about some incrimental goal reached in the news. The US Congress appropriated $Billions for this while being reassured by the Nat'l' Science Foundation (NSF) that a breakthrough was close.

A few years back l read this article on how this was all a fraud. So l went ah-reading.

Simply, the Lawson Number governs fusion potential. At the core of the Sun, a Hydrgon atom travels about 500 miles every second and statistically averages 500 years before a collision to produce fusion takes place  --all within gravitational confinement.

All the while, physicists were trying out specially constructed vessels and laser beams and all manner of hoaxes. A few seconds of enormous power consumed for something that cannot be accomplished in a meaningful way --muchless sustained.

Yarrabi

On 11/13/2019 at 2:52 AM, hasanhh said:

There is a lot of truth in this.

My favorite faculty fraud is fusion research.

Even though research into nuclear fusion started in the 50s l recently learned, l was aware of it by the mid 60s.

Ever so often over the years there'd be an announcement about some incrimental goal reached in the news. The US Congress appropriated $Billions for this while being reassured by the Nat'l' Science Foundation (NSF) that a breakthrough was close.

A few years back l read this article on how this was all a fraud. So l went ah-reading.

Simply, the Lawson Number governs fusion potential. At the core of the Sun, a Hydrgon atom travels about 500 miles every second and statistically averages 500 years before a collision to produce fusion takes place  --all within gravitational confinement.

All the while, physicists were trying out specially constructed vessels and laser beams and all manner of hoaxes. A few seconds of enormous power consumed for something that cannot be accomplished in a meaningful way --muchless sustained.

Yarrabi

There was a list of 5 from Alberta. I dug a bit. One guy has been studying minnows. His climate change statement started with "I went North and it's obvious..." Next guy felt it would help raise awareness. Next guy was a wildfire expert. You say climate change, the RCMP say arson. The lady was into micro bugs. The last guy was in his first year of a 5 year study into prairie grass. Signs of climate change are everywhere...except in the reports of the three scientists who have been studying a lot more than grass for decades, 

bob.PNG.ab52e46117784118be7019044c35f376.PNG

@Son of Placid  About three years ago, l read why the "polar bears are drowning"/the Arctic is melting faded from public hysteria. This geologist finally convinved enough people that is/was do to volcanic activity in one mountain range that was warming the undersides of the ice flows enough for them to disappear during the Arctic Summers with its six months of continuous daylight. 

At the same time, it was reported that polar bears from Siberia were migrating to North Slope Alaska and the Yukon.

Before this, l had for a couple of years kept posting about how the magnetic North Pole was migrating (westwards). 

Relatedly, and l went to a list of hurricanes to jog my memory but to no avail, the climate hoax people were harping global warming affecting ocean and Gulf of Mexico water temperature because there were two or more strong hurricanes. Maybe the year was 2017, yet the following year l looked up water temperatures on the NOAA site l believe and found that that year and two years earlier the temp was registered at 85 degrees F during hurricane season, while the year inbetween was 84 degrees F. So by one degree F, the water was cooler when these unusual hurricanes phenomena occurred.