Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Haidery786

Are you allowed to do the azan twice

Rate this topic

Assalamualaikum, 

I always do the azan for my prayers loudly(In my room) but my mum likes to put the azan on the computer so that it can echo around the house. Is it wrong to do this? The way I think of it is the angels come to your house when they hear the azan but doing the azan again is like calling them for no reason. If it is wrong to do this, how am I supposed to tell her? 

5 hours ago, Haidery786 said:

Assalamualaikum, 

I always do the azan for my prayers loudly(In my room) but my mum likes to put the azan on the computer so that it can echo around the house. Is it wrong to do this? The way I think of it is the angels come to your house when they hear the azan but doing the azan again is like calling them for no reason. If it is wrong to do this, how am I supposed to tell her? 

Walaikum as salam brother, as far as I am aware there is no issue with this. The adhan itself is not wajib (obligatory), but it is indeed mustahhab (recommended). Whether it is played once, twice or not at all shouldn't be an issue. 

You may have noticed that in Muslim countries several masajid simultaneously have adhan recitations. 

Wallahu a'lam