In the Name of God بسم الله

What do you think of flat earthers?

• Advanced Member
21 hours ago, Guest Monad said:

313 - I was poor in my explanation.  The Earth's circumference was first determined around 240 BC by Eratosthenes

But who knows, even all history could be nothing but just made up literature. Keep the masses enslaved for some strange purpose.

If I side with you on this matter, what is rather interesting is how society has jumped to disprove the flat Earth theory. Humans only debate on was is important especially when its connected to fear. Question is why has the flat Earth theory gained value?.

there are some fundamental questions such as, why are humans always fighting?. With all the intelligence out there division is constantly upheld.

Either humans are actually stupid, or there is some grand scheme going on for what purpose? I suppose that purpose is dependent on whats one belief system is, but all belief systems are almost childlike, keeping us in a child like state of control. Consider the objective is to control 7+billion brains, minds, emotions. Clearly humans are not actually fit to exist together especially if they all have free will in their thought process.

Great post. Actually my biggest problem when it comes to accepting Islam is that for me Islam is often far too optimistic about human nature and I think that the New Testament actually captures and explains the dark situation we find ourselves in very well. There are other problems with Christianity though. I know this is off topic. I should do a thread on it somewhere else.

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Brother, you calling Mods and Admins and Members "cowardly" and "gangs" was not very nice. Let's all be polite.  

Actually I meant the mods admins and all members being rude is cowardly considering especially that's it's me against everyone. Wouldn't you think?

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Guest why? said:

^ So you think Mods, Admins and other members are arrogant and act like Shaytan? That is kind of rude, brother.

^ So you want to give your own opinion but Mods and Admins cannot have their own opinions? That's not fair.  

I said that anybody who acts arrogantly is falling into the same trap as iblis. Wouldn't you agree?

Edited by 313 Seeker

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Logic1234 said:

@313 Seeker, brother please let me know what do you think about the moon, the sun & rest of the Planets (other than Earth), how are they? Flat or Spherical?

I would think that they are spherical heavenly bodies that are amazing and get us closer to God when contemplating about. They float according to a strict schedule and don't overtake each other. They have personalities and unlike humans did not accept the amana,  which some would interpret as knowledge of good and evil. The sun, moon and stars are some of my best friends that I admire, pray for, and thank for their light and guidance through the day and night. Their warmth and beauty are a sign of Gods greatness and perfect masterplan. 

• Advanced Member

@Darth Vader sorry if I can't answer every single thing you so respectfully said in your long post. I read it all and when it comes to tackling scientific arguments, there is a saying in Islam: "let the most knowledgeable speak", I am not the most knowledgeable in this scientific issue or debate. There are people who almost devoted their entire lives to prove or disprove this theory. Those people can easily be found all over the internet, and one can read the arguments, counter-argument, counter-counter arguments etc on special forums and even on comment sections of articles and YouTube for instance. The only area I found myself excelling more than most online is the Islamic research, which I have published a bit of on shiachat before.

Does it matter and make a difference? 

Well to me it did. To someone like me who is infatuated and in love with nature it made a difference to put things into perspective. All of a sudden my sun became 'cute'. Things started making sense, like the hadiths talking about this Earth being the same Earth that Adam lived on 3aley salam. It was like a revelation much like my learning about the plight of our spiritual ancestors the ahl bayt. It put things into perspective and made us understand why the ummah is bad as it is today. So to me it makes an immense difference to get a promotion in knowledge about the creations of Allah. Does it make a difference that very few people think like me in my society and surrounding? Well yes, and I am used to being alone in my beliefs anyway, so it's a privilege to feel alone and lonely about this.

Will this discussion go on forever?

No! One of the things I look forward to the most in the zuhur is finding these things out once and for all. Of course in the next life we will obviously also know. Another thing I look forward to is making a DNA test of the head of Hussein (عليه السلام). in the egypt mosque and the body of the one in Iraq to determine if it's the head or  not.

Thanks 

• Advanced Member

@Darth Vader

One thing I forgot to mention is the supposed embarrassment that there are Muslims that are so 'behind'to have these beliefs. Personally I am glad that the bible and Qur'an are in union I'm this. If they weren't, then it would contradict that they are both books of God we have to believe in. Anybody who studies the bible will be more likely to convert to Islam - or better said graduate - if they see that the miracle of the Qur'an is in tune with the bible. If you research the bible and how it describes the shape of the Earth you'll see it is truly a doha .. a semi sphere with the dome of the firmament included, that shayateen go to in order to listen  to destiny, and get shot with missiles when they approach, as described in the Qur'an. That the heavenly bodies we see are in the nearest heaven, or dunya heaven. Etc.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

We alos have Earth on a Bull's Horn hadith don’t we?

I honestly don't know why people don't seriously read the hadith on cosmology. Why stop at learning about cosmology from Islam? Even of they are metaphors, they are worth mentioning and considering.

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

You are very creative masha Allah. Your expression points towards you being a talented poet. 

"Ahhh, the hiss  of hyperbole"

:D

Meanwhile, from college physics, if the actual shape of the Universe is a hotdog, can l infer that the Earth is really shaped like a hotdog or pear?"

Historical note: back in olden days, even in our school books -and my parents 1930s college book- the Earth was shaped like a pear. l read a fifties books and magazines proclaiming the same. As l remember, that last time l so read was a 60s publication. So, in the 1990s, l read an interview where the college professor was asked where did this misinterpretation came from. The prof explain that since the Earth 'bulges out a little' at the Equator as you would look down over the North Pole, the educational theorists decided that this analogy would explain this 'bulge' better than 'spheroid' --a word too big for the masses. :ko:

:worried:"l wonder what other garbage we were fed in school."

Oil comes from dinosaurs falling into tar pits.  [l guess someone breathed too many fumes at the La Brea Tar Pits.] 

:book:"l know there are more."

• Veteran Member
9 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

Does it matter and make a difference? 

Well to me it did. To someone like me who is infatuated and in love with nature it made a difference to put things into perspective. All of a sudden my sun became 'cute'. Things started making sense, like the hadiths talking about this Earth being the same Earth that Adam lived on 3aley salam. It was like a revelation much like my learning about the plight of our spiritual ancestors the ahl bayt. It put things into perspective and made us understand why the ummah is bad as it is today. So to me it makes an immense difference to get a promotion in knowledge about the creations of Allah. Does it make a difference that very few people think like me in my society and surrounding? Well yes, and I am used to being alone in my beliefs anyway, so it's a privilege to feel alone and lonely about this.

4507339-2895899446-not_s.jpg.93ddbe9d286eef456198622a9671ca8d.jpg

Personally I am glad that the bible and Qur'an are in union I'm this.

No. They are not. No matter how hard you or atheists or enemies of Islam try, Qur'an does not mention a flat shaped planet Earth. I explained why in my previous post. But of course it does not matter to you. To you your way.

If you research the bible

It is not God's word. There is no need to "research" it.

• Veteran Member

all the other planets are spherical except Earth... lol

The only way we can have day and night is by the Earth being spherical. Art 101

LearnToSeeLearnToPaint201824.jpg

if u shine light on a flat object all of it will light up. There is no darkness on a flat object because it has no form.

• Forum Administrators
14 hours ago, AkhiraisReal said:

You can probably use math to come to the conclusion that Earth is somewhat round. But the flat earthers have also used math to come to the conclusion that Earth is flat, though in different ways.

You don’t need math. A satellite has seen the Earth already.

• Forum Administrators
13 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

Actually I meant the mods admins and all members being rude is cowardly considering especially that's it's me against everyone. Wouldn't you think?

Cowardly implies being afraid of something. And it’s certainly not of the possible validity of your views. 

The only thing I’m afraid of is the reputation of Muslims and Islam suffering because vocal discredited fringe views get amplified by nefarious agenda seekers, trying to portray us as backward yokels. It just causes more shame, embarrassment, and work for the rest of us to have redeem ourselves. So yeah, I’m a little frustrated.

Regardless, you’ve been given a platform, expressed your views multiple times, and should be prepared for tough responses. Explain to me what you’ll gain in this discussion compared to the many others in the past.

• Forum Administrators
14 minutes ago, AkhiraisReal said:

maybe I am an illusion and so is everything in this world. Including the shape of the Earth, which might be round after all from our position, but not from others.

The constant existential “what ifs” and “maybe” essentially makes any conversation a non-starter. Either marked nihilism or just troll behavior at its purest.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Reza said:

You don’t need math. A satellite has seen the Earth already.

58 minutes ago, Reza said:

The constant existential “what ifs” and “maybe” essentially makes any conversation a non-starter. Either marked nihilism or just troll behavior at its purest.

This.

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Reza said:

Cowardly implies being afraid of something. And it’s certainly not of the possible validity of your views. 

The only thing I’m afraid of is the reputation of Muslims and Islam suffering because vocal discredited fringe views get amplified by nefarious agenda seekers, trying to portray us as backward yokels. It just causes more shame, embarrassment, and work for the rest of us to have redeem ourselves. So yeah, I’m a little frustrated.

Regardless, you’ve been given a platform, expressed your views multiple times, and should be prepared for tough responses. Explain to me what you’ll gain in this discussion compared to the many others in the past.

Some threats there and disrespectful accusations. Just because you have another opinion, it doesn't mean you are right. Who are you to judge that peoples opinions here are embarrassing. 

I think bullying and using such a biased approach is embarrassing and frustrating as well. And I see that ball-eathers have also been given platform, while I'm the only one here who represents the other side. Why don't you tell the other side of this opinion some threats too? (Did I even open this thread?)

Allah tells us that He gives tough responses to injustice so you can likewise get ready for some "tough responses" from Allah if you act in a disrespectful way. I've already sent messages to @Ali explaining the situation and he seemed understanding. 

And your first comment about it being cowardly to use a group of people with special powers on this electronic forum, together with some members to get rude and personally attack one single member, yes I stand by the opinion that it is anything by gentleman-like. All bullying and tyrannical actions like that do spring from deep insecurities that get expressed this way. People who are confident and not scared do not feel the need to patronize people or talk to them in a humiliating way. What are they scared of? They are scared of being exposed as the weak and inferior beings they don't want to be. People who threaten or attack others like that because of unjustified reasons ( unjustified = opinions vs. actions = justified ) , usually feel lonely, unloved, weak, abandoned, and small, and hence get a 'kick' out of bullying others. I never started by disrespecting you or anybody here.

You want me to explain what I'll get? I get exactly what Allah has written for me, which is hopefully a reward for putting up with people openly disrespecting me for discussing what I see as truth. Just like I am certain that you will also get what Allah has written for you. Do I know what Allah has written for us. No!

• Advanced Member
On 10/26/2019 at 6:23 PM, Darth Vader said:

4507339-2895899446-not_s.jpg.93ddbe9d286eef456198622a9671ca8d.jpg

No. They are not. No matter how hard you or atheists or enemies of Islam try, Qur'an does not mention a flat shaped planet Earth. I explained why in my previous post. But of course it does not matter to you. To you your way.

It is not God's word. There is no need to "research" it.

Just compare how I talk to you without accusing you on a personal level, without disrespectful mocking expressions, then look at how you talk to me. That's a summary of all that's wrong on this forum. People are allowed to bully and disrespect because of their faith in their own fallible opinion, while others like me are threatened, insulted and personally attacked by administrators and mods just because I have a different view. End times for sure

One day people will wake up and realize that its manners, akhlaq, respect, and politeness that is most important, and worth defending. Especially among people who supposedly share the same belief of One God, Prophet Mohammed and judgment day.

• Veteran Member

@313 Seeker

I am sorry if you feel offended. I think the members didnt mean to insult you but well...we should be careful while talking, lest our words should seem offensive.

As to flat earthers, as I said, I believe that the Earth is spherical, however I think that flat earthers are not stupid; they offer arguments for their beliefs. I also think that their arguments are refutable but again it doesnt mean that they are stupid.

• Forum Administrators
3 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

Some threats there and disrespectful accusations. Just because you have another opinion, it doesn't mean you are right. Who are you to judge that peoples opinions here are embarrassing. 

I’m not judging, I’m saying flat Earth views personally embarrass me, as it probably should for any sane human being. I’m entitled to that feeling. 

What accusations or threats are you talking about? The only accusations I see are coming from you, calling us bullies. You’re being overly sensitive and defensive, and trying to play the victim standing alone against a mob. But everyone can see here that you’re simply unable to respond to the slightest pushback or disagreement, and are quick to call foul. 

poster,840x830,f8f8f8-pad,750x1000,f8f8f

• Advanced Member

I don't know about you guys, but from here it looks pretty flat...

LOL

IMG_7386.JPG

• Moderators
On 10/23/2019 at 12:01 PM, shadow_of_light said:

I personally believe that the Earth is a globe...but what do you think of them? It seems that some of them are scientists. 

Utterly without any understanding of gravity. 

"Scientists" is a term that is thrown around rather loosely. I was once told, while working as a scientist (it was part of my job title) that I would never be a "real" scientist because I studied engineering. Gatekeeping is stupid, but so is calling everyone a scientist. 

A degree in psychology might qualify one to be called a scientist, but it does not qualify one's expertise on geological and astronomical matters. Find me an astronomer or even any mechanical physicist, or a geologist who subscribes to the Flat Earth Movement, and I'll listen. 

Edited by notme
Typo

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Reza said:

But wat if thay allll wronggg and konspiracy and all dat!!!!!

I know. That's why they're all richer than Bezos. They've all been paid off by the lizard people to keep The Big Secret. 

• Veteran Member
On 10/25/2019 at 12:30 PM, 313 Seeker said:

It is much bigger than 9 11 conspiracy. It is to discredit the bible, Qur'an, and pretty much every other world religious book, which all contradict the Earth being a ball floating in a space full of other balls .. good question though 

Are you https://www.shiachat.com/forum/profile/176376-peace-seeker-ii/ ?

If it is you, I want to discuss this subject with you.

• Veteran Member
On 10/26/2019 at 1:34 PM, AkhiraisReal said:

doesn't really matter much for us. How many here will actually see the shape of Earth?

You can probably use math to come to the conclusion that Earth is somewhat round. But the flat earthers have also used math to come to the conclusion that Earth is flat, though in different ways.

Now how do we know who's right, and who's wrong? we don't. We just go with what we where learned by our teachers/parents or scientist. But they could also be wrong, or not tell the truth for whatever reason.

So calling people ignorant because they choose to believe Earth is flat is not correct thing to do. Because you could both could be wrong. what if Earth is actually a rectangle?...

Why do you not have this attitude for all other areas of knowledge?

• Moderators
On 10/26/2019 at 8:26 AM, 313 Seeker said:

You are still using the word cowardly. Your explanation is not any better than your original criticism.