Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
shadow_of_light

What do you think of flat earthers?

18 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

I still don't get it.

This conversation would be much more useful to you if you would take the time to learn some basic geometry and physics. High school level should be sufficient for most of what we've attempted to explain here, but where it isn't sufficient it's still necessary. 

On 11/3/2019 at 3:49 PM, 313 Seeker said:

On a more final note in an Islamic forum:

I challenge every Muslim to explain how Earth can be a ball floating in the heavens if the Earth was created prior to the heavens according to Qur'an and also hadith I mentioned above?

If people want to comment about how you can spread out a shape into a ball also let me know. As in farash and maddad. 

Salaam and may the Truth be with us

“He has arranged the depressions and elevations of the openings of the sky. He has joined the breadths of its breaches, and has joined them with one another. He has made easy the approach to its heights for those (angels) who come down with His commands and those (angels) who go up with the deeds of the creatures. He called it when it was yet (in the form of) vapor. At once the links of its joints joined up. Then God opened up its closed door and put the sentinels of meteors at its holes, and held them with His hands (I.e. power) from falling into the vastness of air.

He commanded it to remain stationary in obedience to His commands. He made its sun the bright indication for its day, and moon the gloomy indication for its night. He then put them in motion in their orbits and ordained their (pace of) movement in the stages of their paths in order to distinguish with their help between night and day, and in order that the reckoning of years and calculations may be known by their fixed movements.

Then He hung in its vastness its sky and put therein its decoration consisting of small bright pearls and lamp-like stars. He shot at the over-hearers arrows of bright meteors. He put them in motion on their appointed routine and made them into fixed stars, moving stars, descending stars, ascending stars, ominous stars and lucky stars.”

(Peak of Eloquence, vol. 1, pp. 167).

«إنَّ الأشْيَاءَ تَدُلُّ عَلى حُدُوثِهَا مِنْ دَوَرَانِ الفُلكِ بِمَا فِيهِ، وَهِيَ سَبْعَةُ أفْلَاكٍ، وَتَحَرُّكُ الأرْضَ وَمَنْ عَليْهَا، وَانْقِلَابِ الأزْمِنَةِ، وَاخْتِلَافِ الوَقْتِ»

“Things indicate that its occurrence is from the rotation of the eclipses, with what’s inside of it, and they are seven eclipses, 
and the rotation of the Earth, and those whom are on it, and the inversion of times, and time difference.”

(Seas of Lights, vol. 10, pp. 166).

Thoughts on this?

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

and two of them smoke . . . look at the smoke rings around them.

All four outer planets have rings. Only Saturn has very dramatic rings. I think one of the dwarf planets might be ringed. 

Maybe Earth was for a while too. 

47 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

@notme  Did you have to use a video with a babble-baby?  l couldn't follow her with the captions on.

I don't know how to turn off the captions and I don't know how they got on. They weren't there before. Try listening without looking. She is explaining "the big thwack" theory of moon formation. It's cute, if not terribly instructive. 

Ok, here goes.....

Cameramom: Can you tell us how the moon was formed?

Cute little girl: There once was a planet whose name was Thea, and Thea crashed into Earth, and they both had metal cores, although when Thea crashed into Earth, Earth took both of the metal cores and Thea turned into all so many parts. And then, when Thea's parts went back together they formed Luna, the moon. 

Cameramom: Perfect. Thank you. 

Edited by notme

50 minutes ago, notme said:

Dwarf planet Haumea might have rings:

https://www.space.com/dwarf-planet-haumea-ring-shape.html

Plot twist: Haumea isn't even close to spherical. 

You'd believe anything!

:cry:OMG

A few years ago, in the 90s l believe,  l read where a world leader quipped, Why is the US spending so much on defense. Are they expecting an outerspace invasion?

That KBO object is the flying saucer we all have been expecting and 'they' didn't tell us.

We Are Doomed :scarerun:

:helpsos: "lsn't somebody out there recieving?"

Guest Salam

Assalamo Alaykum

it is weird that so many Muslim brothers and sisters are talking about something that is the biggest subject of existence, "The existence" and the shapes its includes. a scientific subjects.

you can not just copy paste some verses from Qur'an and Hadith while you can not understand or explain it, otherwise whats the different between us Muslim and an astronaut or cosmologist. I appreciate your loyalties to the Deen but you lovely people should realize that Qur'an has the answers for us and hadith explained them in an easy way if we just clear our mind first, having a good knowledge and sence of understanding Arabic Words that this is alos needs fomse Pre Req, such as reading Loqat لغت Books and having a look on Tafsir books, and also being familiar with Cosmology and Astronomy Science.

a Honest Question: how many of us has the question and feeling and being thirsty to find some answer for such topic and subject by looking on Qur'an verses and Hadith or even Nahjul balagha?

if you wasnt looking hard and searching hard, then you shouldnt say a word, otherwise a little kid can even copy paste some hadith and verses without knowing what they are talking about. because you need some knowledge about this ilm, Science and this subject so you can have your own opinion. brother @313 Seeker could easily prove what he was saying if he didnt have to change the topic and being angry and he was right what our dear sister @notme was saying even thou it seems she didnt mean it, but still.

first pages of Nahjul balaghe will gives you an incredible source for this subject and the ceremony 91. also valume 2 of Hazrat Zahra s.a Sahifa(books)

also verses from Qur'an if you're the knowledge of ilm The geometry, because Qur'an is mostly based on it instead of math.

in regard of further information you can always contact me by typing you sykpe in here.

to everyone, don’t believe all those photos on internet and what NASA is saying, they didnt leave the Earth and they admit it, they didnt went out of the atmosphere that much due to high radioactive, just have a look on Qur'an, start digging into Arabic words, write all the translated words and sync them with the shapes Qur'an gives you by geometry formols, like what? is there any sign or address that can help us to find answers? YES, like....? have a look below:

سَابِقُوا إِلَى مَغْفِرَةٍ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ وَجَنَّةٍ عَرْضُهَا كَعَرْضِ السَّمَاء وَالْأَرْضِ أُعِدَّتْ لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَرُسُلِهِ ذَلِكَ فَضْلُ اللَّهِ يُؤْتِيهِ مَن يَشَاء وَاللَّهُ ذُو الْفَضْلِ الْعَظِيمِ

Race with one another in hastening toward Divine Forgiveness and Paradise whose width is as the width of the heaven and the Earth, prepared for those who believe in Allah and His Messengers. That is the Grace of Allah which He bestows on whom He is pleased with. And Allah is the Owner of Great Bounty.

width? wheres the length then? maybe we can find it in other verses? nope. Hadith? Nope. where then? theres might be length for any shape? No? Circle Objects doesnt have length!

anyway wish you all the best, may Allah subhana wa ta'ala gives us jannah so we can certainly say what kind of shape they has.

Love you all, wassalam.

On 10/23/2019 at 4:55 PM, Celtic Twilight said:

Really? Do you have a link?

I was unable to find what I had read before. It either has been removed, or is buried under pages and pages of internet data. I did, however, find this slightly different link. 

http://archive.is/jmyTi

It's a sect of the Flat Earth Movement, not the mainstream believers. This is different from what I had read around 2014 or so when this religion first started becoming known to the general public. 

Edited by notme

21 minutes ago, Guest Salam said:

sister @notme was saying even thou it seems she didnt mean it,

Oh no, I meant everything that I actually said. The misunderstanding was that I did not say that everyone who thinks the Earth is flat is an unbeliever, only those who follow the Religion of The Flat Earth Movement and its affiliates. That's exactly what I said and exactly what I meant. 

Guest Salam
29 minutes ago, notme said:

Oh no, I meant everything that I actually said. The misunderstanding was that I did not say that everyone who thinks the Earth is flat is an unbeliever, only those who follow the Religion of The Flat Earth Movement and its affiliates. That's exactly what I said and exactly what I meant. 

Assalamo alayki sister.

again you made a fatwa dear sister. where in our deen or in our grand maraje or ayatullah's books we've a tell that says: "everyone who thinks the Earth is flat is an unbeliever" that was the thing that fired brother @313 Seeker. I really hoped that you atleast got what this brother was trying to tell you. you can email this to your marja book and look for the answer.

wassalamu alayki.

7 minutes ago, Guest Salam said:

where in our deen or in our grand maraje or ayatullah's books we've a tell that says: "everyone who thinks the Earth is flat is an unbeliever"

Please point out where I said that. 

40 minutes ago, notme said:

I did not say that everyone who thinks the Earth is flat is an unbeliever, only those who follow the Religion of The Flat Earth Movement and its affiliates. 

Further, why do you assign me the status of religious scholar? On what basis do you assume I have the authority to issue fatwas? I have made no claim of this anywhere on this forum or anywhere else in the universe. 

And finally, a person can not have two religions. Agreed? 

Guest Salam
6 minutes ago, notme said:

Please point out where I said that. 

Further, why do you assign me the status of religious scholar? On what basis do you assume I have the authority to issue fatwas? I have made no claim of this anywhere on this forum or anywhere else in the universe. 

And finally, a person can not have two religions. Agreed? 

assalam.

I think it doesnt matter what we say, so I guess nevermind it sister. now lets focus on the topic. God bless you.

wassalam.

2 hours ago, Guest Salam said:

brother @313 Seeker could easily prove what he was saying

You know what he said? He lodged two claims:

1. Earth is flat

2. Earth is fixed (not rotating)

The second is more ridiculous than the first. I suggest that you & @313 Seeker combine together & try to prove these claims.

Guest Salam
19 minutes ago, Cool said:

You know what he said? He lodged two claims:

1. Earth is flat

2. Earth is fixed (not rotating)

The second is more ridiculous than the first. I suggest that you & @313 Seeker combine together & try to prove these claims.

assalam.

I wasted my time in shiachat long time ago, not going to to waste it again. because of the subject and the interest and skill I've on it, I just send some comments, I did a mistake I admit it.

wassalam.

10 minutes ago, Guest Salam said:

wasted my time in shiachat long time ago, not going to to waste it again.

If you feel it comfortable, let me know your shiachat id, so that I can view your comments on this subject. 

Or register yourself again and try to prove what looked "easy" to you. Let us see how easy it is for you to ruin the laws of motion & gravity!

Guest Salam
9 minutes ago, Cool said:

If you feel it comfortable, let me know your shiachat id, so that I can view your comments on this subject. 

Or register yourself again and try to prove what looked "easy" to you. Let us see how easy it is for you to ruin the laws of motion & gravity!

salam brother/sister.

like I said im not going to waste my time anymore and like I said, I just was searching and I passed throu shiachat, was reading the article and got distracted, sent a reply and it was a mistake like I said, and if you see im replying again, it is because I don’t want to leave people without an answer and disrespecting them, I've no interest to reply or getting involve anymore in this website, I hope you understand.

wassalam.

On November 3, 2019 at 2:36 PM, Darth Vader said:

The truth is simple and easy to grasp as it is laid bare for those who can see. For those who can not see, or will not see, its no use. As in this case, they will just keep on trying to fix a lie on the Qur'an no matter if it just doesn't stick and come up with explanations of their own choice, the one they want. Just like some of them explain away that their "three gods are but one God while being three but while being one simultaneously"

.506685973-dish-antenna-satellite-dish-fascinating-nature-collection-gogol-lobmayr.jpg.b01f14f788ca24581608c2b8e53279db.jpg

Earth is observable.

God isn't.

I used to think if one could see God, there would only be one religion . Apparently I'm mistaken. We can plainly see this planet and we're still having this conversation ad nauseum.

On 11/3/2019 at 5:44 PM, Cool said:

Interestingly, the word "aqtar" is a plural of "qutr". Radii and diameters are properties of circles or spheres only. 

Surah Az-Zumar, Verse 5:
خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ بِالْحَقِّ يُكَوِّرُ اللَّيْلَ عَلَى النَّهَارِ وَيُكَوِّرُ النَّهَارَ عَلَى اللَّيْلِ وَسَخَّرَ الشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ كُلٌّ يَجْرِي لِأَجَلٍ مُّسَمًّى أَلَا هُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْغَفَّارُ

He has created the heavens and the Earth with the truth; He makes the night cover the day and makes the day overtake the night, and He has made the sun and the moon subservient; all move on to an assigned term; now surely He is the Mighty, the great Forgiver.

ALL MOVE (Kullon Yajree كل يجري)" here the Qur'an is referring to ALL MOVING, not only the sun and moon but also Earth. In Arabic grammar there is difference between the singular (one), binary (two) and plural (three or more). The reference to binary is "Kulahuma Yajreean كلاهما يجريان" however the Qur'an said "Kullon yajree كل يجري" referring to the plural (three or more). Since the sun and moon are just two but the Qur'an refers to three or more then according to the Qur'an all the three move: sun, moon and Earth.

That is really interesting!

1 hour ago, Guest Salam said:

salam brother/sister.

like I said im not going to waste my time anymore and like I said, I just was searching and I passed throu shiachat, was reading the article and got distracted, sent a reply and it was a mistake like I said, and if you see im replying again, it is because I don’t want to leave people without an answer and disrespecting them, I've no interest to reply or getting involve anymore in this website, I hope you understand.

wassalam.

I cannot understand...if you are going to discuss about the subject then why do you repeatedly talk about wasting your time?!

I mean if it is a mistake, then you should not repeat it and if you are going to discuss, then you should not say it is a waste of time.

5 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

I used to think if one could see God, there would only be one religion . Apparently I'm mistaken. We can plainly see this planet and we're still having this conversation ad nauseum.

Ayats 6:101-104