Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
hasanhh

Lebanon Protests 2019

Rate this topic

@Diaz

He and some Christians jumped ship to save face and to have an opportunity to get back into power. 

The ones who will lose the most aren't going to jump ship. That's what can trigger serious friction within the Lebanese populace. 

1 hour ago, Diaz said:

Yeah, I saw this one. Someone insulted Sayid Hassan and Nabih Berri, majority of followers kept quite, but then someone insulted Imam Hussein (عليه السلام), Hezbollah and Amal movement supporters got angry and then they attacked most of the protestors. 

I am 100% sure the protestors want Sayid Hassan to quit from politicians, these people are becoming more crazier than before. If Hezbollah is not in Lebanon, there is noting called called. 

Maybe? I’m not sure, what do you think?

Thanks for the information I didnt know that. Well I understand better these acts now. I just hope however that no other struggle will happen between protesters and hezbollah members. I understand that some lebanese are angry but I see no reasons to repulse Hezbollah from government.

About secularism I don’t know I am not lebanese but I would prefer a state wich is not against religion.

2 hours ago, Diaz said:

Yeah, I saw this one. Someone insulted Sayid Hassan and Nabih Berri, majority of followers kept quite, but then someone insulted Imam Hussein (عليه السلام), Hezbollah and Amal movement supporters got angry and then they attacked most of the protestors. 

Do you have a source/video/link for this? 

Casting a wide net, l found this good summary from Jerusalem Post:

https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Lebanon-PM-Hariri-likely-to-resign-Tuesday-senior-official-source-606173

Back in a moment with more, inshallah

This analysis is 8 hours old . . .  https://United Kingdom.reuters.com/article/United Kingdom-Lebanon-protests/pm-hariri-resigns-as-Lebanon-crisis-turns-violent-idUKKBN1X81F2    a 6 minute read, covers several aspects and potentialities.

Edited by hasanhh

8 hours ago, Diaz said:

That’s what the protestors said in the tv.

I'm not following, so the protesters said they were attacked after insulting Imam Hussain?

Is there a link for the clip? Which channel etc? 

19 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

Is it possible that the actual form of government we have in Lebanon (confessional government) could collapsed for becoming a secular state ?

Lebanon already is a secular state but Lebanese politicians that have good relation with Israel want collapse or total Disarmament of Hizbullah that becomes a political party that won't be a treat for Israel. 

23 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Lebanon already is a secular state but Lebanese politicians that have good relation with Israel want collapse or total Disarmament of Hizbullah that becomes a political party that won't be a treat for Israel. 

From what I understood many of the protesters ask for changing the confessional system we have actually in Lebanon.

2 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

From what I understood many of the protesters ask for changing the confessional system we have actually in Lebanon.

it's because Christians have upper hand in Lebanon confessional system then Sunnis & Shias and Hizbullah are at end of list but now anyobody in Lebanon is blaming Hizbullah for every corruption & shortcoming & pro israeli parties are seeking for more share in power because Christians after defeating ISIS by Hizbullah & protection of Christians become the best allly of Hizbullah despite little share of Shias & Hizbullah in power that pro Israeli parties from all religions speciallily Maronite that is  an old ally of Israel are seeking to change this situation. 

1 minute ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

it's because Christians have upper hand in Lebanon confessional system then Sunnis & Shias and Hizbullah are at end of list but now anyobody in Lebanon is blaming Hizbullah for every corruption & shortcoming & pro israeli parties are seeking for more share in power because Christians after defeating ISIS by Hizbullah & protection of Christians become the best allly of Hizbullah despite little share of Shias & Hizbullah in power that pro Israeli parties from all religions speciallily Maronite that is  an old ally of Israel are seeking to change this situation. 

I don’t think people blamed only Hezbollah. It looks like whole lebanese politician figures are targeted.

4 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Question: ls this referrng to "confession" like the Roman Catholics have?

I don't know.

6 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

In the past Lebanon was a french mandate. In french "confession" could mean "religion". I think that come from that. By confesionnal system we talk about politics link with religions.

29 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Confessional political systems distribute power to the different sects/religions of a jurisdiction proportionally. 

Both Iraq and Lebanon have these systems and they both ingrain sectarianism as opposed to a technocratic political system. 

3 hours ago, Moalfas said:

I'm not following, so the protesters said they were attacked after insulting Imam Hussain?

Is there a link for the clip? Which channel etc? 

Not the protestors, Hezbollah and Amal movement supporters said someone insulted Imam Hussein (عليه السلام). Sorry, I types the protestors above by mistake. Others supporters attacked the protestors because they were insulted Sayid Hassan, calling him terrorist and thief. 

One Lebanese channel called LDC, since yesterday I tried to search for it but I can’t find it in YouTube. 

28 minutes ago, Diaz said:

Not the protestors, Hezbollah and Amal movement supporters said someone insulted Imam Hussein (عليه السلام). Sorry, I types the protestors above by mistake. Others supporters attacked the protestors because they were insulted Sayid Hassan, calling him terrorist and thief. 

One Lebanese channel called LDC, since yesterday I tried to search for it but I can’t find it in YouTube. 

Thanks for the clarification. I've come across several videos of them saying the protesters insulted hizbullah etc but not Imam Hussain. 

The problem is they attacked the protesters with sticks. So there was an intent to intimidate. They've been breaking down protesters' tents across Lebanon and some have even been using Ak47s to intimidate protesters in the south. Not the best way to calm protests down. 

I'm afraid to say these acts are nothing short of thuggery which is building further resentment.

Throughout history, whoever's in power will do everything to keep hold of it, nothing to do with Shia, Sunni or Christian. Nothing to do with faith and everything to do with power. 

How do we even know that these people are Hezbollah? Can't anyone buy Hezbollah flags and shout a couple common Hezbollah phrases?

Israel has been trying for a looong time to create discord in between the Lebanese society and Hezbollah. They might have simply paid a dozen people to pretend to be Hezbollah.

I don't know about the situation in Lebanon but I don't it's serious since Hezbollah has so much power in Lebanon that they could coup and establish something similar to Iran and the idea of a civil war is out of the question since most of the people protesting are just people who don't have a purpose in life and smokes hashish. I would be more about Iraq where the brainwashing is in insane. Anyways if this turns into a civil war in Iraq I would probably pick up arms. America,Saudi Arabia and Israel don't have any place in the land where many of our Imams are buried. Tho I would try my hardest to keep the peace in accordance to Islam.

1 hour ago, Kaya said:

How do we even know that these people are Hezbollah? Can't anyone buy Hezbollah flags and shout a couple common Hezbollah phrases?.

It hasn't been denied. In fact it was addressed in the Friday speech and he told them to back off and stay away. Some carried on and unfortunately, things are getting worse.

52 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

It hasn't been denied. In fact it was addressed in the Friday speech and he told them to back off and stay away. Some carried on and unfortunately, things are getting worse.

Wierd that it hasn't been denied officially. Because I even saw foreign news reports discussing the possibility of it not really being Hezbollah. 

But even the fact that Nasrallah said to Hezbollah supporters that they should stay away from the protests and back off - even this indicates that the leadership of Hezbollah does not want to be involved in the protests. 

I honestly find it really hard to believe Hezbollah would take such an aggressive measure unprovoked... 

The aggressive measures seem to have been taken by certain lower ranking groups and doesn't seem to be condoned by the people at the top as stated in the Friday speech. 

3 hours ago, Alienman said:

the idea of a civil war is out of the question since most of the people protesting are just people who don't have a purpose in life and smokes hashish.

You clearly seem to have a purpose in life yourself making a ridiculous comment like that. 

On 10/23/2019 at 1:46 AM, Totoro said:

Salam

Around 2 months ago, an Iraqi figure said that Saudi had a plan to make protests in Iraq, Lebanon and another country I don't remember...and he was so sure that he said people can write down his words and see if this happens after one month or no. And it happened and it did happen exactly as he predicted...he had said that these protests would start by some social media activities first and then some clashes in the streets. Just when Iraq was struggling with protests, Lebanon also had some, but no one paid attention since it wasn't serious then.

Now after a month these protests have gained momentum ...and who knows...maybe foreign players are now having more time since Iraq is a bit settled? or at least the plan is at the motion there and doesn't need further focus. 

The most interesting fact is, that the prime minister of Lebanon himself agrees with protesters ... and I wonder who else is responsible in a country for current affairs other than the Prime minister and his government ... so strange ( in a way, he reminds me of Ruhani, Iranian President) 

Salam,give source and and name please, this is intressting.

Iran emphasizes unity of Lebanese tribes, parties

https://en.abna24.com/news//Iran-emphasizes-unity-of-lebanese-tribes-parties_985187.html

October 30, 2019 - 5:52 PM News Code : 985187 Source : Iran PressLink: 

Iran emphasizes unity of Lebanese tribes, parties

Iran's Foreign Ministry's spokesman expressed hope that the Lebanese nation and government would successfully pass the current critical juncture with unity.

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): 

Seyyed Abbas Mousavi noted that the Islamic Republic of Iran has always emphasized the need for the unity of all Lebanese tribes, and parties to maintain stability and security in the country and to meet the legitimate demands of the Lebanese people in a peaceful environment.

Lebanese Prime Minister Saad al-Hariri announced his resignation on Tuesday on the thirteenth day of popular protests.

Speaking to protesters for the second time since the protests began in Lebanon, Al-Hariri said he had reached a "dead end" and offered his resignation to President Michel Aoun.

Saudi Arabia had earlier announced it would back Saad al-Hariri's resignation.

This is while, Lebanese Hezbollah secretary-general Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah has opposed al-Hariri's resignation, stressing the need for Lebanese officials to be held accountable.

Lebanon has been witnessing mass popular demonstrations since October 17, protesting the tax and economic crisis.

Unemployment, economic poverty, the massive amount of government debt, and corruption, can be described as four major causes of Lebanese protests.

On 10/26/2019 at 2:36 AM, Enlightened Follower said:

In Martyr’s Square in front of a mosque there belly dancers!

l was notified of this "quoted you" a few minutes ago. Today is Nov 1st.

So much news so little time , International protest edition |The Daily Show

Photos: Arbaeen mourning ceremony in El Kharayeb, Lebanon

https://en.abna24.com/news//photos-arbaeen-mourning-ceremony-in-el-kharayeb-lebanon_985346.html

October 31, 2019 - 5:25 PM News Code : 985346 Source : ABNA24Link:   

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): Arbaeen mourning ceremony held in El Kharayeb, Lebanon.

گزارش تصویری/ مراسم عزاداری اربعین حسینی و دهه پایانی ماه صفر در الخرایب

:hahaha:"Hey, what is the new Middle East motto?"

:dwarf:"AAhhhhhhhhh . . . We Can't Win"

Can you believe that according to this CNN commentary, Hariri is the leading candidate to replace himself?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/02/middleeast/Iraq-Lebanon-political-change-intl/index.html 

It is in the 5th paragraph.

Demonstrators in Lebanon have turned the Joker into a symbol of protest

image.jpeg.b95d6d4b450a6bde905533d28e0cc663.jpeg  نتیجه تصویری برای ‪joker+lebanon‬‏ also superman :hahaha:

https://www.nme.com/news/film/Lebanon-government-protesters-joker-symbol-beirut-2559724

نتیجه تصویری برای ‪joker+lebanon‬‏  image.jpeg.33333bb002e92fc71586647cef32fbdb.jpeg

نتیجه تصویری برای ‪joker+lebanon‬‏

نتیجه تصویری برای ‪joker+lebanon‬‏