Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
shia farm girl

Someone just attempted suicide, need suggestions

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Salam, Sister. Please tell his mother and sister that you are praying for his recovery. If he is in a coma, remind them that he can hear whatever they say. Terminally ill patients want to say or hear these words:

  • “I forgive you”
  • “I love you”
  • “Please forgive me” 
  • “Thank you”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Qur'an 21:87 (dual of Prophet Yunus as) and Astahghfirullah Rabbi Wā tūbo ilaih’ are both very powerful duas but since they aren't Muslims I am not sure if they will recite these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ws,

If you know them very well, then if the person can speak then summaries the message of Islam to them and give them the opportunity to say the Shahada.

The possibility of maybe you can be right, can be their means of peace in barzakh for them, if they pass away.

Their 'maybe' will be between Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and Muhammad wa ala Muhammad. 

That is your part to play. 

I don't think their is anything much you can do. You can cry for them.

 

At the end, what we all have in common is "kullu nafsin dhaiqatul Mawt"

Edited by ShiaMahamed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Shia farm girl said:

As salaaamun aleikum all,

I need some recomendations of general duas or any other advice for a situation I was just made aware of. 

Someone attempted suicide and I need to know 2 things. What duas can I say for the young man that did this to himself, and what duas/prayers can I suggest to the mother and sister of the young man? He is on life support 3 states away at the moment. His mother and sister are on tbeir way their by car. I know theyre not Muslim, and don’t know if they even have a theistic leaning at all, but events like this can be literal life changers in that manner. Only Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knkws what the outcome of all this will be, but I obviously have a part to play in it by my being made aware of it..

Id like to be able to offer some solace, help, support, comfort, or anything I can. I DEFINETLY don’t want to "cold shoulder" them as that would be unethical,  heartless and feelingless at the very LEAST. If there are any short duas anyone can  recommend, I can share them and before hand,make any necessarry changes of Arabic terms to english so its undsrstood whats being said. Sometimes english translations of duas come in 80% english and the other 20% are untranslated Arabic words, so I may need to do some altering:/

Please help-

W/s

I think visiting the sick is a very important concept in Islam. 

Try to visit them and pray for their recovery and well-being. 

And if you are too far to visit, maybe send a card to them, writing something in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kaya said:

I think visiting the sick is a very important concept in Islam. 

Try to visit them and pray for their recovery and well-being. 

And if you are too far to visit, maybe send a card to them, writing something in it. 

make sure you write something in it @Shia farm girl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...