Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

On 10/20/2019 at 8:18 PM, notme said:

The "shirt" is stupid. I don't know anyone who would wear it.

But what I want to know is why can't I go into any department store and find normal pants and long shorts for my little girl? Why is everything short shorts and leggings or those stupid "jeggings" and are pockets on little girls' clothes obsolete? Where can I buy comfortable reasonable clothes for an active girl child?

that's really sad, this just proves how sick this society is that even young kids are being target with those daring clothing. This is normalizing pedophilia.

On 10/20/2019 at 7:18 PM, notme said:

But what I want to know is why can't I go into any department store and find normal pants and long shorts for my little girl? Why is everything short shorts and leggings or those stupid "jeggings" and are pockets on little girls' clothes obsolete? Where can I buy comfortable reasonable clothes for an active girl child?

You make a very important point that relates to this 'crop top' which many people who aren't yet parents, cannot grasp the problem at hand. It goes way beyond a single crop top. Children's clothing is containing less and less material. As you said, short shorts have become the norm for prepubescents, let alone teens. It's specifically this problem that I wanted to shed light onto.

1 hour ago, AkhiraisReal said:

that's really sad, this just proves how sick this society is that even young kids are being target with those daring clothing. This is normalizing pedophilia.

I agree that this type of clothing sexualises young girls, opening the doors to pedophilia. 

On 10/20/2019 at 9:13 PM, Reza said:

Also, every society has minimum clothing laws, and if that minimum is hijab, so be it. I don’t see the moral equivalency you’re making.

I disagree with both extremes. Forcing Hijab is not right nor is near nakedness.

All societies have problems, but seeing that this issue is affecting everyone in the 'western world' including millions of Muslims, I thought it's worth bringing up.

53 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

I agree that this type of clothing sexualises young girls, opening the doors to pedophilia. 

A network l have running during the day has been promoting a special on that sad, JonBenet Ramsey story. As a woman TV reporter commented at the time, this little 5 and 6 year old girl had been sexualized for beauty pagents.[[ The girl was murdered in 1996. The family was finally exonerated by DNA analysis in 2008.]]

On 10/20/2019 at 4:13 PM, Reza said:

It...

Also, every society has minimum clothing laws, and if that minimum is hijab, so be it. I don’t see the moral equivalency you’re making.

1 hour ago, Moalfas said:

I disagree with both extremes. Forcing Hijab is not right nor is near nakedness.

All societies have problems, but seeing that this issue is affecting everyone in the 'western world' including millions of Muslims, I thought it's worth bringing up.

What the West does not want to admit is that different societies have different standards of what constitutes decent dress, men and women.

The West complanis about hijab, but why not head-covered sari?

Edited by hasanhh
punctuation

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

What the West does not want to admit is that different societies have different standards of what constitutes decent dress, men and women.

It certainly is hypocritical and there are different standards around the world but I believe the west is not happy with any attire that doesn't fit within the western culture. I'm sure the west doesn't like the Sari but they have a bigger problem with a hijab because it'a been aquatinted with 'oppression' and a religion not presented so nicely to them. 

12 hours ago, hasanhh said:

We don't see many Hindu women with heads covered here. There are many more Muslim women with hijab. 

My best guess for the reason people of Christian background object to hijab is because in the Bible Paul says women should cover their heads as a sign of submission to men. Modern women are not submissive to men, and they assume hijab is for the same purpose due to their lack of knowledge. 

Edited by notme
Typo

There is "submissive" which is a perverted fetish, and there is submission to authority. If men would just act like the head of the household not headstrong children, any sensible wife would respect her husband's position as leader of the family. 

I was raised in a more matriarchal culture. 

44 minutes ago, notme said:

because in the Bible Paul says women should cover their heads as a sign of submission to men.

l had to go back and read it. l do remember back in the 50s and 60s most women went to Protestant churchs with their heads covered with hats. Some of the older women l'd see go to church in the 70s doing the same.

The reference is 1Corinthians11:1-16, a long winded diatribe by Paul who starts this section by saying he is like Jezeus. :hahaha:

It isn't so much "submission" but as signifying anti-Jewish religious practice. The same section says men need to be 'uncovered' which is the opposite of Jewish custom.

l found a current article: https://catholictruthblog.com/2016/08/01/should-women-cover-heads-in-church/ 

On 10/20/2019 at 4:07 PM, notme said:

So maybe it has been a problem for a long time,

Refering back to the OP, it was about sales. Not child development.

So a coule of minutes ago, l had on in the back graound Daily Mail which is some kind of a "news" program, but l do not know enough about it to describe it.

The point l am getting two is my reaction to this stringy, painted blonde who acquired or experienced something and then said, "This is so empowering" and then started to cry. :hahaha: 

In addition to my laughter and expletive-deleteds, l thought, "You d.umb ____, if you had anything to you you would not act or react that way."

Girls are no different than boys. You teach them. You keep them in school. You talk to them. You work at answering their questions in an age appropriate adult way. And there is always time for educational games, whether word games while working or more elaborate board games. You supervise their physical health.

Not conceptually difficult. But if you watch television, you cannot help but come to the conclusion that America has the highest concentration of d.umb, worthless gurls in the World.

lt wasn't this way when l was young. So, how-the-heck did it get this way?