Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruqaya101

What was your first thought when you joined ShiaChat?

Rate this topic

I don't think I remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. You think I will be able tell you something from ten years ago?? 

so uh, after a classmate showed me a video made by antimajos production, I got a hyped to get back and clear some of that misconceptions they had (I honestly thought it would work to talk to these people), but I have 0 knowledge back in that old time, so whenever they'd ask me about something I didn't know about, I would search up the keywords on google, and shiachat would always be the first website that came about. After over a year or so, I then decided to create an account, because I kinda owed Shiachat for the help.

:o and then I realized it had a chatroom... :-] 

:furious:

3 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

lol my first thought was "omg this is going to be so cool , I finally get to have debates with Sunnis", but there's hardly any anymore :( 

Good thing u came to the right, because this place: https://discord.gg/TvJSJR9 would happely want people that want/can/would like to learn how to debate Sunnis/other theological groups

13 minutes ago, Hugo Boss said:

so uh, after a classmate showed me a video made by antimajos production, I got a hyped to get back and clear some of that misconceptions they had (I honestly thought it would work to talk to these people), but I have 0 knowledge back in that old time, so whenever they'd ask me about something I didn't know about, I would search up the keywords on google, and shiachat would always be the first website that came about. After over a year or so, I then decided to create an account, because I kinda owed Shiachat for the help.

lol trust me ive been there too, was quite annoying

14 minutes ago, Hugo Boss said:

Good thing u came to the right, because this place: https://discord.gg/TvJSJR9 would happely want people that want/can/would like to learn how to debate Sunnis/other theological groups

jazakallah for this I'll look into it

7 hours ago, starlight said:

I don't think I remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. You think I will be able tell you something from ten years ago?? 

Yes, quite frankly I do. Everybody should be able to remember a decade ago or so.

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Everybody should be able to remember a decade ago or so.

Not when you have a habit of resetting your brain every now and then to discard useless information.  I can recall organic chemistry from high school but I have no clue why I came across ShiaChat or what made me sign up. 

I remember when I first joined.. it was Muharrum. And all the threads were about tatbir and Sunnis asking us why we hit ourselves in Muharrum. So yeah I was just very annoyed and left the site for a while because I can’t stand people talking bad about the way we mourn for Imam Hussain. :sorry:

22 minutes ago, AStruggler said:

I hate this giant shiamatch ad, hopefully no one can screenwatch my device  

(not sure if this was actually my first thought, but it def must've been one of the first)

l have wondered if that constant blinking is interferring with the site. ShiaChat is the only place where l can have multi-minute delays before the next page comes up.

21 hours ago, Reza said:

When I first came here:
What is this “mooota” thing? I see it everywhere.

lol. This was exactly my reaction. I had never heard of it before. And honestly it sounded like prostitution when I read about it, that was when I was not so informed about mutah.

19 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

:hahaha:"l know you are not thinking of me."

:egg:"Extremism in the Pursuit of Hysteria is no vice."

To be honest, I found all three, but not in one person. 

2 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

There have been many on here over the time. Also including Deists, Hindus, Malangs,, Apostates, and so many others. I think its all good if not necessary to learn and know where we stand.

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing. When I was younger I really had learnt a lot from internet forums where I faced different perspectives from different heritages (In real life, most probably I have met them, but only superficially). Just wanted to point out that we won't meet real akhbaris let alone waqifis in real life.