Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ali~J

Women, what are some stereotypes/assumptions about you that you hate?

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

That women love to look good in order to impress men, which is not usually the case

True. Women who dress up usually dress to impress the other women. 

40 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

Correction: "unfortunately, that's not what the MALE psychology says."

Delusional argument to suggest that biology and evolution depends on the interpretation of a gender. The reality is psychoanalysis looks at everything from humans to lower animals and the methods used to attract each other; they haven't changed for millions of years. The brain and ego are great at masking the truth, mainly through ignorance.

Biology and evolution doesn't care about your feelings, just the truth.

46 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Delusional argument to suggest that biology and evolution depends on the interpretation of a gender. The reality is psychoanalysis looks at everything from humans to lower animals and the methods used to attract each other; they haven't changed for millions of years. The brain and ego are great at masking the truth, mainly through ignorance.

Biology and evolution doesn't care about your feelings, just the truth.

This read like something right out of a college cwap course.

Was is sociology or psycho-ology?

1 hour ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

The reality is psychoanalysis looks at everything from humans to lower animals and the methods used to attract each other; they haven't changed for millions of years. 

Agreed.. one gender is very active at this whole attracting and wooing thing :ko:

Animal that grows mohawk to attract females

This one even knows how to set up an impressive crib: 

56 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

Agreed.. one gender is very active at this whole attracting and wooing thing :ko:

Animal that grows mohawk to attract females

This one even knows how to set up an impressive crib: 

I never said men don't try to impress women. It seems that women think we're singling them out. Islam doesn't single women out. It tells men to lower their gaze and women to dress decently. I was responding to what's being said.

Guest Pschological Warfare

Commonly not addressed.

Believing, Women are given the same directive. 

-------------------

وَقُلْ لِلْمُؤْمِنَاتِ يَغْضُضْنَ مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِنَّ وَيَحْفَظْنَ فُرُوجَهُنَّ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا ۖ وَلْيَضْرِبْنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلَىٰ جُيُوبِهِنَّ ۖ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا لِبُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ آبَائِهِنَّ أَوْ آبَاءِ بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ أَبْنَائِهِنَّ أَوْ أَبْنَاءِ بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ إِخْوَانِهِنَّ أَوْ بَنِي إِخْوَانِهِنَّ أَوْ بَنِي أَخَوَاتِهِنَّ أَوْ نِسَائِهِنَّ أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُهُنَّ أَوِ التَّابِعِينَ غَيْرِ أُولِي الْإِرْبَةِ مِنَ الرِّجَالِ أَوِ الطِّفْلِ الَّذِينَ لَمْ يَظْهَرُوا عَلَىٰ عَوْرَاتِ النِّسَاءِ ۖ وَلَا يَضْرِبْنَ بِأَرْجُلِهِنَّ لِيُعْلَمَ مَا يُخْفِينَ مِنْ زِينَتِهِنَّ ۚ وَتُوبُوا إِلَى اللَّهِ جَمِيعًا أَيُّهَ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ {31}

[Shakir 24:31] And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof, and let them wear their head-coverings over their bosoms, and not display their ornaments except to their husbands or their fathers, or the fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or those whom their right hands possess, or the male servants not having need (of women), or the children who have not attained knowledge of what is hidden of women; and let them not strike their feet so that what they hide of their ornaments may be known; and turn to Allah all of you, O believers! so that you may be successful.

[Pickthal 24:31] And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands' fathers, or their sons or their husbands' sons, or their brothers or their brothers' sons or sisters' sons, or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigour, or children who know naught of women's nakedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah together, O believers, in order that ye may succeed.

[Yusufali 24:31] And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss.

There's this one which is very strange and weird to me. It's like some men never talked to a girl in their lives. Some men come to me and think that women are humans. We are NOT. We are angles.
BTW, I'm male user :grin:

Edited by Quran313

1 hour ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

I never said men don't try to impress women. It seems that women think we're singling them out. Islam doesn't single women out. It tells men to lower their gaze and women to dress decently. I was responding to what's being said.

And I am allowed to turn this into another males vs. Females thread :itsok:

5 hours ago, Quran313 said:

and think that women are humans. We are NOT. We are angles.
BTW, I'm male user :grin:

Yep, theyz angles --all hook, line and sinker. Theyz hook you on a fishing line and then youz sunk.

Women = Anglers

Or did you misspell and meant 'angels'?

:dry:

9 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

Correction: "unfortunately, that's not what the MALE psychology says."

8 hours ago, hasanhh said:

OK then. What is my psycho-analysis about how women dress?

11 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

The above posts ^

No.  For example, l believe a lot of women would wear hijab or something like it without a religious mandate.

Otherwise, they'd look like Phyllis Diller.

12 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Because we live in our own World.

So, that dispels the stereotype that women are hysterical and delusional, and proves the point that it's actually the men who are delusional and hysterical. So much so that they think hijabi women are some unknown guy (who I'm guessing is not very aesthetically pleasing???)

6 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Otherwise, they'd look like Phyllis Diller.

Edited by 2Timeless

2 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Brò the world isn't males vs females lol chill bruv we all have our good and bad and alhamdulillah we compliment each other and both genders have a role to play in society.

It's ok brother, no need to make peace. As far as I can tell, nobody is taking this discussion seriously. 

Guest Monad

to the OP -

it seems you have been taken by feminism. Perhaps you mean well or maybe being alone most of the time and thinking about women, one ends up become too sensitive in wanting a particular need attended too.

What you forget to realise is that A - women have more stereotypes for men then you can imagine. Men are just overt at stating it because it gives them dominance and control. Now is this behavior reasonable, of course not. However any experienced male will tell you that if you be nice to a woman, she will take advantage of you, because they see you weaker then they are. Therefore one must bring in the right balance of authority and altruistic virtue. It takes education to empower men to be such, but when they do not have it, then we have stereotypes to assert authority.

Now the women who complain that psychology was male dominated, that is true, but why do women keep on using works of such males to these day?. Infact one would need a rational mind to conduct psychoanalysis. how can a woman conduct it, let say against a patient who might just impose on her that she isnt attractive enough?. A better approach would be to prove which part of the male dominated analysis is incorrect?.

I am all for justice, fairness and equality. But this world and the human mind isn't made for it, considering the irratic minds of even the so called wise ones.

much to write but memory and time do not serve me well.

brother - Ibn Al-Shahid-  you saved me time. - a refined learned man.

14 hours ago, Guest Monad said:

women have more stereotypes for men then you can imagine.

l believe these are all ape based. From marmasetts to Howler monkeys. Not very imagitive to me. :grin:

16 hours ago, Guest Monad said:

However any experienced male will tell you that if you be nice to a woman, she will take advantage of you, because they see you weaker then they are

My my...

Ninjabis, where y'all at?

@notme @2Timeless @starlight @all females on ShiaChat

*retires to popcorn bench*

17 hours ago, Guest Monad said:

any experienced male will tell you that if you be nice to a woman, she will take advantage of you, because they see you weaker then they are.

Monad, you should write a book '100 reasons why you should not to be nice to women' .It will be a bestseller. Not much work involved either. You just have to go through your a dozen or so of your old posts on ShiaChat.

Foreword by hasanhh.

Dedicated to all those men who were not able to find or keep a wife.

Edited by starlight

1 hour ago, 2Timeless said:

irl so resorts to ShiaChat even after being banned. 

Banned??? I wouldn't say this about anyone unless I was sure. Over.

3 hours ago, habib e najjaar said:

Ninjabis, where y'all at?

@notme @2Timeless @starlight @all females on ShiaChat

Oh sorry, I was out being Superwoman. 

I couldn't be bothered with this petty nuisance. I reserve my power for only defense against significant attacks.