Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ali~J

Women, what are some stereotypes/assumptions about you that you hate?

Rate this topic

You're going to get the following excessive statements... from both women and men!

"That us women aren't submissive little dolls"

"We're not all damsels in distress and we don't all want a prince charming to sweep us off our feet"

"Women are there to give birth"

"Women are driven by the Shaitan"

-_-

13 hours ago, Ruqaya101 said:

You're going to get the following excessive statements... from both women and men!

"We're not all damsels in distress and we don't all want a prince charming to sweep us off our feet"

-_-

you forgot 'dopamine release'

@AkhiraisReal

Guest Pschological Warfare

Since you mentioned this. What was the problem Iblis had with Adam(عليه السلام)? 

I think, Iblis did not like the role. Iblis only looked at (or compared) the physical nature(Superficial  Understanding). So,Iblis rebelled against the Natural order.

How does this apply to the man and women? Do you see any similarities? 

Who is rebelling against who ? Who does not like who they are? and want to be the other? 

------------------------------

Today is 19 Safar

Arba'een- is on 20 Safar 1441.

4 minutes ago, starlight said:

It just ticks me off when someone says women are driven by emotions. I know many women are but so are many men and there are many of us who are more rational and pragmatic than emotional. 

Male minded devil's advocate: Getting ticked off itself is an emotional response and goes to prove exactly what men say about women and our emotional responses :furious:

16 minutes ago, starlight said:

It just ticks me off when someone says women are driven by emotions. I know many women are but so are many men and there are many of us who are more rational and pragmatic than emotional. 

I may not be a stereotypical "girly girl" but I'm far more logical and practical and less emotional than almost any man that I've ever met. 

Mind you, I do cry embarrassingly easily, but I don't let that stop me from anything. While the males are ranting and broken down, I'm pushing on through the problem with tears running down my face. 

Edited by notme

13 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

Getting ticked off itself is an emotional response and goes to prove exactly what men say about women and our emotional

Everyone can get annoyed or upset over somethinng. In stressful situations both men and women can fall apart or make bad decisions but it's only held against women.

No one calls men 'driven by emotions' when they lose it over a video game or football match but women acting the same way are 'crazy and emotional'.

Edited by starlight
Spelling

11 hours ago, starlight said:

No one calls men 'driven by emotions' when they lose it over a video game or football match but women acting the same way are 'crazy and emtional'.

Worse, men acting crazy and emotional over a stinking video game are normal and women are mocked for getting upset over things that actually matter!

Guest Pschological Warfare

Mind you, I do cry embarrassingly easily,

One who created us, equipped us with the necessary tools for our benefit. 

A male will stop at the sight of tears/and feel compassion and realize his fault. Its a mercy, not an defeat. 

Nurture, will have this suppressed. A lot of problems will end quickly if we did not defy Nature. Because aggression breeds aggression, and people are Nurtured to celebrate this trait as power, and other as submissiveness. D- Lawyers need to make a living=economic growth. 

14 minutes ago, starlight said:

Everyone can get annoyed or upset over somethinng. In stressful situations both men and women can fall apart or make bad decisions but it's only held against women.

No one calls men 'driven by emotions' when they lose it over a video game or football match but women acting the same way are 'crazy and emotional'.

P.s

I do consider a woman losing it over a video game or football match "crazy". no need to add the emotional tag :einstein:

I consider such men crazy too. Then again, I am always being reminded of some world cup match in the 90's when some team opposite the team we were supporting at home that day were "awarded" a "goal kick" , I was like oh noooo (I had assumed it was a penalty kick). So perhaps my opinion on games and people's reactions to them does not count.:coffee::woot::grin:

31 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

oh no, :shock: @starlight you made me leave the popcorn bench and join the circus :ranting:

I have thees effect on peepelz.:grin:

5 hours ago, Ali~J said:

This thread is aiming to educate males on stereotypes against women that can hopefully be changed. 

ayyyy God bless you!

1. We are not understanding

2. We are not money hungry

3. We aren't low in knowledge 

4. Not all of us throw tantrums 

6 hours ago, Ali~J said:

This thread is aiming to educate males on stereotypes against women that can hopefully be changed. 

2 hours ago, Ali~J said:

Exactly, take me for example. I would say that I'm driven by emotions...

https://images.app.goo.gl/XhgAkbqmxMRzpS4i6

( @2Timeless how do I post Gif's?)

https://giphy.com/gifs/reactiongifs-yhwbyGt73DhL2

Edited by AStruggler

32 minutes ago, Noor Taleb said:

4. Not all of us throw tantrums 

I threw a tantrum once. It consisted of slamming a door. The door broke; I had to fix it. It was stupid. I didn't do it again. 

13 hours ago, Ruqaya101 said:

-_-

CORRECTION:

You are going to get the following hints . . . from both men and women!

"That them there felines play at 'submissive little dolls'."

"We're not 'damsels in distress' and we do want some dumb guy to sweep us off our paws."

"Women are there to give birth" to litters so the dumb guy above is stuck with screaming terrorists.

"Women do not need the Shaitan." --we do just fine. So do those screaming terrorists.

1 hour ago, ireallywannaknow said:

That women are talkative and men are not. Sometimes true, not always. 

Oh my goodness I am surrounded by mostly men and boys and I can't get in a single syllable! 

11 hours ago, notme said:

Worse, men acting crazy and emotional over a stinking video game are normal and women are mocked for getting upset over things that actually matter!

What matters more during a normal week than videogame time or soccer?

11 hours ago, notme said:

I think adult males playing computer games are being grossly immature.

8 hours ago, AStruggler said:

Epic fail. It's a skill only us, superior women can master. I'll bless you with my knowledge because I'm nice though; 

You click on the gif, then press again and open it in a separate tab. Link the URL of the gif that you opened in the separate tab.

giphy.gif

You're welcome.

15 hours ago, Ali~J said:

10 hours ago, Ali~J said:

Exactly, take me for example. I would say that I'm driven by emotions...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

5IIEzys.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, ireallywannaknow said:

That women are talkative and men are not. Sometimes true, not always. 

That is one advantage about cell phones. lf a guy wants peace and quiet (excepting laughter breaching the walls) just toss her a cell phone and close the door.  :discussion: