Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Tahir

Toilet backsplash and Tahara!

Rate this topic

Guest Tahir

Warning - the following post may be little bit distrubing or "gross" to some people but it's a serious matter.

There's this problem I'm having whenever I have to use the toilet for number 2, the water always splashes back upon dropping of the stool into the toilet water!! What the hell do I do? How does one make tahara after this? I always end up taking a quick below-the-waist shower after this happens but this is very inconvinent, I'm not always going to have my home shower next to me in life to wash myself twice with kurr water all the time...I don't think I can simply make my ____  clean/tahir by doing the normal number 2 wash with water since after backsplash my ____ would be najis with najis water (sometimes mixed with urine) too...Please correct me if I'm wrong though...I would be thankful if someone can provide any helpful advice on this matter, and if anyone shares any relevent fatwas of the Ayatollahs regarding this matter. 

Salaam Alaykum

Your question is NOT disturbing. It's a valid question.

The splashback water is Najis. To prevent water from splashing, put toilet paper in the toilet. Put as many as it needs to prevent it from splashing. After some time toilet paper goes down and it may splash back again during number 2, so put some toilet paper again. I do this and I never ever have that problem. I always check the toilet to make sure it has toilet paper prior to using it.

To do Taharah for number 2, you do NOT need to use water necessarily under these 3 conditions (according to ALL maraji): 1. There should not be another Nijasat like blood mixed with the excrement (which is not)

2. There should not be any Nijasat from any other source other than the excrement. Like if water splash back, that is Nijasat from other sources, so it has to be cleaned with water only (notice that doing what I said before prevents water from splashing back)

3. The excrement pollutes a normal area. If you do number 2 and you notice that the area is larger than normal, it must be cleaned with water only (the area of pollution is small usually unless you have a cold or sick for some reason)

If it has these 3 conditions which is 99% of the time, you can clean it by using a toilet paper 4 times.

Needless to say, its a good thing to clean the toilet seat using toilet paper prior to using it and puting paper on it and then seating on it. But its not mandatory.

Last but not least, take it easy and don’t be waswas. Taharat is one of the easiest Islamic subjects.