Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
thuglife

Does anyone here live with cats

Rate this topic

I like cats and as much as I would want one it’s not worth the risk, they shed everywhere even if you clean and groom them. You have to clean and vacuum your house daily and even doing that will not guarantee every single hair to be removed from your home. Every time you want to pray you must change your clothes and must have a special praying matt, if there’s one single cat hair on you (according to a lot of Marjas) your prayer is invalid. 

3 hours ago, Hassan- said:

I like cats and as much as I would want one it’s not worth the risk, they shed everywhere even if you clean and groom them. You have to clean and vacuum your house daily and even doing that will not guarantee every single hair to be removed from your home. Every time you want to pray you must change your clothes and must have a special praying matt, if there’s one single cat hair on you (according to a lot of Marjas) your prayer is invalid. 

That’s why If I get one , I’ll keep it in a multi level cage or just regular cage. Enough room for it have a food bowl, water and litter box. Take it walking once in a while. No hair everywhere. 

2 hours ago, thuglife said:

I’ll keep it in a multi level cage or just regular cage.

A cat does not belong in a daily cage. For a lot of them, once they realize what it is, even when they 'think' you are going to put them there, they will run and/or hide.

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

A cat does not belong in a daily cage. For a lot of them, once they realize what it is, even when they 'think' you are going to put them there, they will run and/or hide.

When I visit petco, they seem very relaxed in the cubicle cell. They sleep and don’t wake up when I tap the window loudly. Hard to believe they won’t like a cage when they are fine in that cage.

1 hour ago, Darth Vader said:

Good luck brother. Do let us know after a while what you think of cats. My advice is that if you are grown up don't bother. I can suggest much better pets if you tell us for what purpose you want one.

I really want a cat that can make me money. Like those expensive ones.

1 hour ago, thuglife said:

When I visit petco, they seem very relaxed in the cubicle cell. They sleep and don’t wake up when I tap the window loudly. Hard to believe they won’t like a cage when they are fine in that cage.

l never was around a cat from a cage. Only barn cats. 

2 hours ago, thuglife said:

Well that's not going to happen. Expensive cats don't recover their cost. At best they win prizes in beauty contests, but those don't have big enough prizes to cover the cost of their care. 

I recommend not getting an animal if that's your purpose, or if you've got room for it, maybe livestock animals. 

52 minutes ago, notme said:

maybe livestock animals. 

Birds like budgerigars, parakeets, love birds, or similar as a start. Better if they are mature and have paired already but those will be worth more. Also peacocks and fancy hens if one can acquire a incubator box (or diy as I have).

I would not recommend cats or dogs or other haraam animals for monetary purpose because for one reason their numbers simply do not multiply like with halal animals. Take goat as an example, which will give two kids if you are lucky, and a dog will give over half a dozen pups, but th number of goats in the world are much larger than there are dogs (and cats).

15 hours ago, notme said:

Well that's not going to happen. Expensive cats don't recover their cost. At best they win prizes in beauty contests, but those don't have big enough prizes to cover the cost of their care. 

I recommend not getting an animal if that's your purpose, or if you've got room for it, maybe livestock animals. 

They give birth in only 9 weeks. At that rate, it can have maybe 5 liters per year. 1 cat produces several, can sell the kittens. I think the math works in my favour? 

On 10/19/2019 at 2:28 AM, Diaz said:

I don’t understand, why some people believe that the cat hair is najas?

Salam hair of at is not najis  but it's hair on loth invalidates prayer. 

On 10/19/2019 at 3:07 AM, thuglife said:

Do you honestly believe that this professional cat fighting scheme of yours is going to take off?

2 hours ago, Diaz said:

Why tho? What’s the reason? 

Same as being covered with dirt or food particles. General cleanliness. If you don't know it is there, your prayer is valid. If you know it is there, you must remove it. A lint roller works for large amounts, but for a little it's easier to just pick off. 

2 minutes ago, thuglife said:

The breeding makes money. The fighting is to keep them mentally healthy, like sparring at the gym.

Do you consider smoking cannabis harem or not? 

Just now, Celtic Twilight said:

Do you consider smoking cannabis harem or not? 

I’m not for setting up cat fights if it’s haram. Just keep in mind cats aren’t strong enough for it be a “blood sport.” The muscles are too small to cause much damage. 

Stray cats fight all the time, and even “animal lovers” just record on their phones and don’t intervene. Don’t get it confused with dog fighting.

As for weed, I would defer to the medical experts of my time

On 10/20/2019 at 2:39 PM, thuglife said:

I’m not for setting up cat fights if it’s haram. Just keep in mind cats aren’t strong enough for it be a “blood sport.” The muscles are too small to cause much damage. 

I'm thinking you don't know much about cats yet. Them little muscles are wire with claws on the ends. Their speed is incredible and accurate. 

If you ever saw my cat in action you'd change your mind. A feral cat trying to take up residence is a blood sport, and a blur. I would suggest nobody gets close to a cat fight. If you corner a cat you'll find out. 

My cat may be 3kgs, my dogs are 45 and 60kgs, they bug the cat a lot, and steal her mice, but when she's riled, they make distance. 

Here's one up for adoption.

9 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

I'm thinking you don't know much about cats yet. Them little muscles are wire with claws on the ends. Their speed is incredible and accurate. 

If you ever saw my cat in action you'd change your mind. A feral cat trying to take up residence is a blood sport, and a blur. I would suggest nobody gets close to a cat fight. If you corner a cat you'll find out. 

My cat may be 3kgs, my dogs are 45 and 60kgs, they bug the cat a lot, and steal her mice, but when she's riled, they make distance. 

Here's one up for adoption.

If it thought it was going to get harsh treatment in response to it being violent, it wouldn’t be violent. At some point it concluded the man won’t be violent in response. 

I remember a person who would stick his arm at a cat to let it maul his arm. He would get scratched up and I would see the damage t. Next day, but the cat Would be so angry because the man would keep sticking his arm there and It couldn’t really hurt him bad enough. He would laugh really hard. 

how would I treat pinky? I would just put it in a cage and give it water only for a day. At some point I would try to feed it by hand. If it tries to be violent again, I would walk away with the food and try again. Until it realises if wants food it has to be nice. 

It’s brain is only so big. All it can really compute is food, being pet, finding a potty spot, smell territorial markings. It’s not that hard to hack it’s thought process.

22 minutes ago, thuglife said:

If it thought it was going to get harsh treatment in response to it being violent, it wouldn’t be violent. At some point it concluded the man won’t be violent in response. 

I remember a person who would stick his arm at a cat to let it maul his arm. He would get scratched up and I would see the damage t. Next day, but the cat Would be so angry because the man would keep sticking his arm there and It couldn’t really hurt him bad enough. He would laugh really hard. 

how would I treat pinky? I would just put it in a cage and give it water only for a day. At some point I would try to feed it by hand. If it tries to be violent again, I would walk away with the food and try again. Until it realises if wants food it has to be nice. 

It’s brain is only so big. All it can really compute is food, being pet, finding a potty spot, smell territorial markings. It’s not that hard to hack it’s thought process.

Okay, get a cat.

Guest dog ambassador for cats

First and foremost you should put the comfort of the cat in mind. Living its life in a cage, only to be taken out for a walk once in a while is a miserable life. How other people treat the animals has no bearing on right or wrong,it doesn't matter what petco or "animal lovers" do. And to be bought with the intention of making money (primary intention or not), don't you know that the cat will be resurrected on Judgement Day and bear witness to your good and bad deeds towards it? 

12 hours ago, thuglife said:

They're intelligent enough to understand mistreatment. I personally believe animals are highly intelligent based off of Prophet Suleiman's conversation with the Ant. That ant was wiser than us, wise enough that the Prophet asked it for advice.

You really shouldn't get a cat. I don't sense an atom of love from you for these creatures. You just see them as a dumb "hackable" animal that could make you some pocket change.

So how do you explain the vet expert saying to give this cat a cage 

https://youtu.be/FF9Pndy7Tho

The elderly couple had to wear helmets and thick suits. The expert advice was to give it a mult layered cage instead of just letting it roam. This was done to improve the mental state of the cat. 

it appears you are giving advice like a charlatan.

1 hour ago, thuglife said:

So how do you explain the vet expert saying to give this cat a cage 

https://youtu.be/FF9Pndy7Tho

The elderly couple had to wear helmets and thick suits. The expert advice was to give it a mult layered cage instead of just letting it roam. This was done to improve the mental state of the cat. 

it appears you are giving advice like a charlatan.

Can't get over the loss of it's kittens? It's brain computes more than you mentioned. Many people have loving cats but how many keep them in cages? 

16 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

Can't get over the loss of it's kittens? It's brain computes more than you mentioned. Many people have loving cats but how many keep them in cages? 

The ones who see value in the words of experts.