Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest31324

Sadaqa Meat

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Salaam, 

So basically my boss usually slaughters a goat every Monday and gives it to all of us workers as sadaqa.. Just wanted to ask is it normal to give such sadaqa on a Monday..  I find it very odd and am scared to consume that meat. Is it ok for me to have it with my family? And does it in anyway bring suffering or hardships onto us as the consumers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alaikas Salaam, 

Sadaqah can be given on anyday. It removes evil, disasters, sickness, unfortunate incidents, prolongs life, etc. Eating from Sadaqah meat doesn't transfer any of those suffering on you. Just enjoy mutton. 

A Sayed can give sadaqah to another Sayed while a non-sayed cannot give sadaqah to a Sayed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 7:06 PM, Guest31324 said:

Salaam, 

So basically my boss usually slaughters a goat every Monday and gives it to all of us workers as sadaqa.. Just wanted to ask is it normal to give such sadaqa on a Monday..  I find it very odd and am scared to consume that meat. Is it ok for me to have it with my family? And does it in anyway bring suffering or hardships onto us as the consumers? 

Did your boss expressly say that this is 'sadaqa'? Or that's how you perceive it? 

I can understand an employer offering employees gifts as a token of appreciation etc but as 'sadaqa' seems a bit strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moalfas said:

Did your boss expressly say that this is 'sadaqa'? Or that's how you perceive it? 

I can understand an employer offering employees gifts as a token of appreciation etc but as 'sadaqa' seems a bit strange. 

He has never mentioned its sadaqa.. I just perceived it coz why else would he do it?  He gives it every week..  That's why I found it a bit odd 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Guest31324 said:

He has never mentioned its sadaqa.. I just perceived it coz why else would he do it?  He gives it every week..  That's why I found it a bit odd 

Well he could be giving it as a token of appreciation for the work you all do. 

I think it's a very nice thing to do especially on a weekly basis. I don't see it as Sadaqa at all. I see it as a decent and wise employer showing appreciation and building loyalty with his employees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...