Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
2Timeless

Do you feel comfortable in your own skin?

Rate this topic

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel comfortable in your own skin?

• Yes
    • No

Salam, 

Is there anything you're insecure about? If yes, what would you change? It could be physical or a characteristic. This isn't about complaining about Allah's creation, we all appreciate it and know we're extremely privileged etc. This is just about sharing thoughts on how we can better ourselves (in any way). 

Also, by "in your own skin" I mean how you wake up - no makeup/gel/creams or social pretences etc. The person you are when you are alone. 

Edited by 2Timeless

Guest Pschological Warfare
1 hour ago, 2Timeless said:

It could be physical

What exactly do you mean or trying to implicitly imply here? 

During my final year exams for my degree I was binging on mountains of fast food and snacks to make it through. It was an incredibly boring and depressing time but I came out with top grades which was great but I developed the all well too known case of 'man-boobs' and a round belly. Because I previously was in good shape my body then looked really weird, arms and legs in shape but with these breasts and belly sticking out and boy it messed me up big time. I was embaressed to go out especially in a t-shirt and what did I do because I'm so smart? I ate more junkfood to feel sorry for myself whoo! Sense eventually came back to me and getting in good muscular shape now, the manboobs still haven't gone away completely but slowly reducing with my dieting and exercise. I am more comfortable to wear a t-shirt now but want to be in the ideal physique I aspire to. I am not insecure about myself now but before I admit before I was.

Edited by Muslimthought97

No... I envy those who do. I constantly battle my own mind that tells me I'm not good enough in any department. But it just makes me realize that everything good that we have is a blessing from Allah. Even a sound mind. So while others have a lot of external tests and challenges, mine are primarily internal. 

I'm not completely crazy though lol, only like 15%. 

3 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

The person you are when you are alone. 

Well actually I'm pretty happy with myself when I'm alone. When I'm around others, that's when the discomfort kicks in. 

10 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

Salam, 

Is there anything you're insecure about? If yes, what would you change? It could be physical or a characteristic. This isn't about complaining about Allah's creation, we all appreciate it and know we're extremely privileged etc. This is just about sharing thoughts on how we can better ourselves (in any way). 

Also, by "in your own skin" I mean how you wake up - no makeup/gel/creams or social pretences etc. The person you are when you are alone. 

I have so many that I can't even count. And its not really just physical. Mainly its characteristic. The way I talk, how I act, how I communicate with others, my voice, social awkwardness. when you're raised as an introvert its not easy to kind of escape your own bubble. You just have this fear of standing in the middle of a crowded place. You're worried that you might say the wrong thing or say something that won't make sense. Which was the reason why I was often quiet. Bc of this I have lacked communication skills. often in social settings im seen as that socially awkward person. 

11 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

This is just about sharing thoughts on how we can better ourselves (in any way). 

If I could give one advice to myself, I would say that I should see people more often. I don’t know what else to say.

13 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

sharing thoughts on how we can better ourselves (in any way).

What if l don't want to get somebody'd elses idea of "better"?

:furious:"Not when it iches!"