Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ruqaya101

Cosmetics And Make up.

Rate this topic

On behalf of @hasanhh, I shall ask...

What do y'all think about cosmetics and make up. Do any of the sisters wear makeup here?

I personally don't wear make up, maybe once or twice a year (just some foundation, concealer and lip balm) and thats a maybe. I feel as though it grabs too much attention to myself, overall I don't feel comfortable putting makeup on. Its also a hassle to take it off -_-. This is MY Personal preference and opinion. 

What about you??

Edited by Ruqaya101

5 hours ago, Ruqaya101 said:

On behalf of @hasanhh, I shall ask...

What do y'all think about cosmetics and make up. Do any of the sisters wear makeup here?

I personally don't wear make up, maybe once or twice a year (just some foundation, concealer and lip balm) and thats a maybe. I feel as though it grabs too much attention to myself, overall I don't feel comfortable putting makeup on. Its also a hassle to take it off -_-. This is MY Personal preference and opinion. 

What about you??

Very occasionally I only wear some concealer, mascara and light lipstick (sometimes) bc I look like a zombie, and yes I don’t like wearing too much make up bc it will take years to take off

Makeup from my understanding is haram.

So I don’t put makeup on alhamdullilah. 

I also don’t see a point to it, like when I go outside, no one actually cares about how I look . And I am not trying to impress anyone. 

It also feels so good to be confident enough to not care, so I totally recommend it to all the ladies.

Apologies if I'm wrong but I thought that makeup was haraam? 

Someone sent me this text some time ago...

Make up is not allowed as explained below with reference:

In Surat al-Nur, Allah says, “And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands’ fathers, their sons, their husbands’ sons, their brothers, or their brothers’ sons or their sisters’ sons, or their women or the servants whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex, and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O you Believers, turn you all together towards Allah, that you may attain Bliss”. (Qur’an 24:31).

Scholars have interpreted the directive to not display beauty and ornaments except what ordinarily appears in terms of ordinary adornment and extra adornment. Ordinary adornments like kohl, henna, or a ring are permissible to wear in public. Extra adornment, like perfume, lipstick, dazzling eye colors, and the like are not permissible to wear in public. In short, any type of adornment which makes a woman look “made-up” and attracts amorous attention is not permissible, as this would defeat the whole purpose of hijab.

On 10/16/2019 at 5:37 PM, RUKS said:

It also feels so good to be confident enough to not care, so I totally recommend it to all the ladies.

I agree with you 100%. However,  Ive always been insecure about my confidence, it attracts a lot of people. 

Also, I wouldn't say its a recommendation it ladies, because a lot of women have trouble with confidence. I grew up among friends at the time who were also confident, and thats where I got my confidence from. But others have trouble with it cause they may have grown up as introverts.

As I understand it, makeup as beautification should not be worn in front of non-mehrams, but makeup to cover defects is allowed. 

But I can't be bothered with it. I'm content with the way I look. I'm a solid 5 on a scale of 10, and that is perfect to me.

I used to work with a lady who wore light, natural, practically unnoticeable makeup most of the time. She confided in me that she only wore it so she could fake being sick by not wearing it. I thought it was a clever idea, but still couldn't be bothered with it. 

12 minutes ago, Ruqaya101 said:

On her cheeks or eyes??:pushup:

Both, plus eyebrows, lips, nails, nose, . . . 

One girl l knew only wore a tiny bit of rogue on her cheeks, but otherwise did not use anything. She was also the prettiest girl l ever knew -literally. No.1 in the Top 5 (for this category).

1 minute ago, hasanhh said:

Both, plus eyebrows, lips, nails, nose, . . . 

One girl l knew only wore a tiny bit of rogue on her cheeks, but otherwise did not use anything. She was also the prettiest girl l ever knew -literally. No.1 in the Top 5 (for this category).

Did you end up marrying her??

1 hour ago, Ruqaya101 said:

LOOL oh my God, I died!!!! Still pretty?

Yes.

But what l fundamentally liked about her was/is she's smarter than l am. And she knew l knew that and didn't have an ego problem with it. Which was what one of her 'comfort points' was, because she was sick of every ego-maniac chasing her because of her looks.

Edited by hasanhh
the "what"