Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruqaya101

Ego, Pride and Jealousy.

Rate this topic

Why are these negative thoughts/emotions and traits in a person so common nowadays?

Why are people more vulnerable to comparing themselves to people at every moment they can?

Where does jealousy, ego and pride stem from?

I've recently read a scientific study explaining that humility can be practiced for in order to reduce pride. What can reduce ego and jealousy?

For jealousy, I'm assuming one needs to practice being grateful and being particularly blessed for the blissful moments they've had. In my personal opinion, I believe and have observed within people who deal with envious thoughts are a cause from lack of inner peace. And I'd say that appreciation can restore inner peace in regards to jealousy.

Ego, I would assume stems from insecurities or even the opposite, having a secure lifestyle- including being smart, good looks, wealth. 

Knowledge could cure it. If they know how small they are, out goes ego. If they know that other people's blessings are a test for them, out goes jealousy. If they know that their pride can lead them to Hell, out goes pride. Arrogance is its root. To think you are superior to others is egoistic and prideful and a result of arrogance. To be envious is to ask, why them not me is also arrogant. To believe you are on a level that others cannot even compare to, is prideful, stemming from arrogance. 

41 minutes ago, A_A said:

Knowledge could cure it. If

5 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

Those traits all stem from sins and absence or incompleteness of faith. Just like darkness is merely the absence of light. And only light can replace darkness. All else is details.

You'd have a good post if you added Ayat 6:53. Secularly, Making comparisons to no constructive purpose.

5 hours ago, Ruqaya101 said:

Why are these negative thoughts/emotions and traits in a person so common nowadays?

Why are people more vulnerable to comparing themselves to people at every moment they can?

Where does jealousy, ego and pride stem from?

I've recently read a scientific study explaining that humility can be practiced for in order to reduce pride. What can reduce ego and jealousy?

For jealousy, I'm assuming one needs to practice being grateful and being particularly blessed for the blissful moments they've had. In my personal opinion, I believe and have observed within people who deal with envious thoughts are a cause from lack of inner peace. And I'd say that appreciation can restore inner peace in regards to jealousy.

Ego, I would assume stems from insecurities or even the opposite, having a secure lifestyle- including being smart, good looks, wealth. 

Because of this sickening society. When we feel insecure and envy others, its not always because we want to be better than them, but sometimes we want to be just as good as them.

People like to compare themselves to others because of ungratefulness.

all of these 3 things can stem from insecurities

Ego and jealousy can be reduced with increased faith. When you have that connection with God, you won't care how others think, you wont care about how you look, you wont care about society