Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
A_A

What sparked your interest in philosophy?

Rate this topic

What sparked your interest in philosophy and religion to end up on a forum like this one? When did it start and did someone trigger it? 

Religion and Falsafah (philosophy) are two very different things :grin:. Correct me if I am wrong, but there are some hadiths which warn about false/overly-speculative philosophy.

Though Avicenna's (Ibn Sina) Islamic Philosophy is very interesting. I became interested in it when I heard about his theory of the Necessarily Existence (Wajib Al-Wujud) https://www.encyclopedia.com/religion/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/wajib-al-wujud.

I was searching something related to Shia Islam, and came across this website, so I found it interesting plus I loved some of the discussions going on here, so I thought to myself maybe this will strenghen my faith if I join :muslima:, and besides, its defo better than instagram and snapchat.

I have always tried my best to be religious (I wouldnt call it philosophy maybe curiosity) since maybe 13yrs old alhamdullilah.

I do come from a religious family, so maybe that was a trigger, I guess.