Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ali_fatheroforphans

The Dream Women - In my opinion

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

I'll send over some CVs I have available. You might find someone fit for the role. 

Nah I'm not a fan of your recruitment agency lol, so all the CVs you send me are going straight in the trash bin.

20 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Nah I'm not a fan of your recruitment agency lol, so all the CVs you send me are going straight in the trash bin.

That's good because none of them wouldve accepted the role in the first place. Save yourself the heartache .

2 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

That's good because none of them wouldve accepted the role in the first place. Save yourself the heartache .

See that's an example of a bad recruitment agency. You already know that they don't want the role yet you're willing to submit their CV? :ko: It's your faliure to understand the needs of your clients.

1 minute ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

See that's an example of a bad recruitment agency. You already know that they don't want the role yet you're willing to submit their CV? :ko: It's your faliure to understand the needs of your clients.

Well they do want the role they just don’t want to work for you 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ab54046d846918cef46

6 minutes ago, AStruggler said:

LOL this thread is gold. I support and agree with all the points mentioned by the op.

There is a lot wisdom and guidance in this thread for both genders. Maybe the sisters on this site can make their version of this thread.

I'd also add: Someone who isn't always thinking and talking about petty dunyai matters, social politics, gossip, and other similarly insignificant things.

Edited by AStruggler

1 minute ago, Ruqaya101 said:

Clarify?... LOL

All the other sisters have made it seem as if I'm living in a fairy world. Your silence speaks! Cheers! I'm glad someone feels that the list is realistic.

Just now, ali_fatheroforphans said:

All the other sisters have made it seem as if I'm living in a fairy world. Your silence speaks! Cheers! I'm glad someone feels that the list is realistic.

You're not in a fairy world. Your list is very realistic. I would just say that people in different parts of the world would have different opinions. Not every town or Muslim community is the same.

Perth is a very small town, its clear why you'd make a list like that and this does not make Perth necessarily a perfect town with a perfect Muslim community.

No, this list is perfect only in your eyes, to others they may have a different list and that list is perfect for them. 

For example, some of your points in your thread, I wouldn't have in my own list, as I have a different opinion of it. 

The sisters aren't necessarily ridiculing you for your list, I think that their list is different as well and therefore they may find it funny or unique to theirs. 

All in all, don't be distressed, not really a big deal. You be you, grow older and wiser yourself, and may Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) guide us all :) 

7 minutes ago, Ruqaya101 said:

The sisters aren't necessarily ridiculing you for your list, I think that their list is different as well and therefore they may find it funny or unique to theirs. 

I agree with your points. Also, yeah I know the sisters aren't ridiculing me lol. 

10 minutes ago, notme said:

You probably will want to make sure you can check the box on the male equivalent to all of these.

1 hour ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

It really motivates me to improve myself. 

Yeah good point! But what's more important is the desire to attain those qualities etc. Of course I acknowledge that we're all fallible beings. However Islam gives way more importance to our intentions. Two spouses should help each other reach perfection. The main thing is our thirst and desire. If a woman has certain vices but really wants to work on herself, that's a good sign. However some things are very important and can't be compromised on imo.

15 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

ranging from 6 toes to a career, an independent mind etc.

If I were looking for a spouse and had a suitor with six toes, that would count in his favor! That's awesome and unique. But I bet buying shoes would be challenging.

But yes, you're absolutely right, checking the boxes is the easy part. The hard part is finding and weeding out the red flags, and it is the more important to a happy marriage.

15 minutes ago, notme said:

If I were looking for a spouse and had a suitor with six toes, that would count in his favor! That's awesome and unique. But I bet buying shoes would be challenging.

But yes, you're absolutely right, checking the boxes is the easy part. The hard part is finding and weeding out the red flags, and it is the more important to a happy marriage.

Absolutely agree! Nice insights!

4 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Ja'abi said:

Salams,

Some important things for me:

Can reconstruct the asānīd of Tafsīr al-Ayyāshī.

Has strong opinions about the primacy of existence vs the primacy of essence.

Has written at least 5 articles about inductive reasoning.

Has memorized and can tell the etymology of the hapax legomena of the Qur'an.

Some experience with Canaanite epigraphy.

A working knowledge of classical Syriac and classical Tibetan. Obviously, though, I'd like her to only speak to our children in Old Arabic, I'll let her choose the variety.

Can imitate Ciceronian clauses in the Latin.

Was there for the Nag Hammadi discovery — though ideally my age or younger.

Has memorized both Aristotle's corpus and the Baal cycle in Greek and Ugaritic respectively, Phoenician will not do for the latter.

Must be able to write grocery lists in Sumerian, I'm alright with her only knowing 5000 signs.

Has on foot traveled from Byzantium to Qashghar but should be fine with being a stay-at-home wife.

Must like camels, big deal breaker for me if she can't identify her wild from her domesticated Bactrians though obviously her preference should be for a good breed of dromedary.

I think it's a reasonable list of expectations.

Iltimas-e Dua

Wassalam

Best comment :hahaha:

Edited by AStruggler