Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
SoRoUsH

Continuing Marriage with a non-Ahlul Kitab

Rate this topic

Salam, 

Here's the narration. It's authentic.

مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ الْحَكَمِ عَنْ أَبَانٍ عَنْ مَنْصُورِ بْن حَازِمٍ قَالَ سَأَلْتُ أَبَا عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع عَنْ رَجُلٍ مَجُوسِيٍّ أَوْ مُشْرِكٍ مِنْ غَيْرِ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ كَانَتْ تَحْتَهُ امْرَأَةٌ فَأَسْلَمَ أَوْ أَسْلَمَتْ قَالَ يُنْتَظَرُ بِذَلِكَ انْقِضَاءُ عِدَّتِهَا وَ إِنْ هُوَ أَسْلَمَ أَوْ أَسْلَمَتْ قَبْلَ أَنْ تَنْقَضِيَ عِدَّتُهَا فَهُمَا عَلَى نِكَاحِهِمَا الْأَوَّلِ وَ إِنْ هُوَ لَمْ يُسْلِمْ حَتَّى تَنْقَضِيَ الْعِدَّةُ فَقَدْ بَانَتْ مِنْهُ

Here are a couple of points: 

• Majoosis (commonly thought of as Zoroastrians) aren't considered the People of the Book. 
  • If a man converts to Islam, after the Waiting Period, he can continue his marriage with his wife, who is not from the People of the Book. 
  • If a woman converts to Islam, after the Waiting Period, her marriage with the her husband is voided. 

Both Al Sheikh Al Mufid and Al Toosi narrate that they are from AhlulKitab.

It's narrated that Imam Ali (عليه السلام) was explaining why For Jizeya and 'blood money' conditions, the Zoroastrians or ( m a j o o s) were included with with the Christians and Jews: because at one point they did have a Kitab (book).

Al Toosi says that they had a book that was later 'withdrawn' from them رفع عنهم 

قال الشيخ المفيد في المقنع ص270: الواجب عليه الجزيه ... والمجوس على اختلافهم إلى ان قال وقد روي عن امير المؤمنين صلوات الله عليه وآله انه قال المجوس إنما الحقوا باليهود والنصارى في الجزية والديات لأنه قد كان لهم فيما مضى كتاب.
وقال الطوسي في الخلاف 5/542 المجوس كان لهم كتاب ثم رفع عنهم 

20 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

Then I suggest you do more research before presenting your opinions as 'points' of fact.

You seem quite certain. So, I assume, you must have seen some authentic narrations to confirm your view. Could you please post them here?

1 minute ago, Moalfas said:

Yes I am certain about this and have mentioned two sources above. Please look into them as well as what our Maraaje have concluded after decades of research. 

The narrations that you posted are not authentic. Please present only authentic narrations. Thank you!

I don't argue against or comment on weak narrations, other than pointing out that they're weak.

Assalamu alaykum.

So is there something(and I suppose yes)from some Marja about who are considered Ahlul Kitab?And Ahlul Kitab refers to people who had a book inspired from Allah?

Edited by Maryam.It

9 hours ago, Madre de Zahra said:

I wonder about the implications of forcing such rules on new converts ? I know I've seen many women leave Islam because they've been told that they can't stay married to their husbands. 

I read an article by a Muslim who reverted after she was married with kids but her Christian husband didn't revert, and she was torn but decided to stay. Her husband respected her decision but wasn't interested in talking about reverting. After years he finally came around to the truth of Islam and converted. Though of course it's never guaranteed that someone you want to revert will ever actually revert.

But it makes me wonder, since Allah swa guides only those who he wills, then did that mean she did the right thing by staying with him so she could influence him by showing him Islam through her actions as a Muslim? Not to mention she also kept her happy and functioning family away from the side effects of divorce. 

http://muslimgirl.com/41893/ignored-Islamic-marriage-advice-happened/

Edited by Lilly14