Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
A_A

Iranian people and the Iranian Government?

Rate this topic

I know that all major news media channels are showing us anti-Iran propaganda, giving us the image that the Iranians are against their government and I know that is not true but I do also know that there might be a minority of secular Iranians that want a dajjalic world government in the stead of their current government, but what I would really like to see is interviews with the common people of Iran in regards to their thoughts on the political situation, feelings and stances on all this. I don't want interviews with a bunch of Iranian millennials that speak English fluently and are fantasizing about getting drunk in the US or going wild in another country, I want to see an interview with the cashier of a local humble convenience store (ordinary people that make up the majority) expressing his/her dismay about the politics but bearing with it for the sake of what is right.

48 minutes ago, Ali883 said:

Thanks for the replies :). I don't know if I can because I'm Jordanian and if I went for leisure I might be in trouble and they'd assume I am a Shia, which I am, but as you may or may not know, Jordanians have a strong animosity towards the Shia since the core of salafisism has reached Jordan sadly, so Takkiya is essential otherwise I'd endanger myself and my family. 

remove this comment for your safety , they might track you online who knows 

11 hours ago, Ali883 said:

Thanks for the replies :). I don't know if I can because I'm Jordanian and if I went for leisure I might be in trouble and they'd assume I am a Shia, which I am, but as you may or may not know, Jordanians have a strong animosity towards the Shia since the core of salafisism has reached Jordan sadly, so Takkiya is essential otherwise I'd endanger myself and my family. 

you can use  on arrival e-visa so that your passport won't be stamped by Iranian immigration

Honnestly I think Iran is like every country where you could find very different opinions even among the families. But if you just want to know if there are many people who support the iranian government the answer is just yes.

16 hours ago, Qasim-Raza said:

I’ve seen a lot of secular Iranians in US & Canada they are straight up children of Satan they deliberately provoke Shi’a Muslims make fun of Islam and hold protests in the day of ashura in Juloos and outside Shi’a mosques

Why they do that ? That happen very often ?

Zam’s arrest took foreign intelligence services by surprise: General Salami

https://en.abna24.com/news//zam’s-arrest-took-foreign-intelligence-services-by-surprise-general-salami_983673.html

October 20, 2019 - 5:34 PM News Code : 983673 Source : MehrLink: 

Chief Commander of Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) Major General Hossein Salami said on Sunday detaining Ruhollah Zam, the administrator of the counterrevolutionary website Amad News, was a surprise for foreign intelligent services.

“Intelligence forces had been keeping a careful watch over Ruhollah Zam’s movements for a long time and he stepped into intelligence trap of IRGC some two years ago; ultimately, we were able to arrest him through cooperation with other intelligence services,” Second Brigadier General Mohammed Tavallaei, a high-ranking military official in IRGC headquarters, said.

The remark came as IRGC announced on Monday that its Intelligence Organization has arrested Ruhollah Zam, admin of an anti-Iranian website and Telegram channel ‘Amad News’, by tricking foreign intelligence agencies.

“Zam was a key figure of intelligence services for throwing the country into disarray...and driving a wedge between the Iranian people and government,” said Tavallaei, adding, “He was under the strong support of other intelligence services but we trapped and arrested him through a meticulous intelligence operation.”

All those individuals who have been deceived by foreign intelligence and anti-Revolution agencies should know that these countries will abandon them as soon as coming under pressure or facing a threat, he said.

IRGC said in its Monday statement that it has ‘guided’ Zam towards Iran and then made the arrest, noting that further information about the operation will soon be revealed.

Following the IRGC's announcement, Iran's parliament members issued a statement thanking Iran's intelligence services for the successful operation.

https://en.abna24.com/news//zam’s-arrest-took-foreign-intelligence-services-by-surprise-general-salami_983673.html

7 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

October 20, 2019 - 5:34 PM News Code : 983673 Source : MehrLink: 

Chief Commander of Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) Major General Hossein Salami said on Sunday detaining Ruhollah Zam, the administrator of the counterrevolutionary website Amad News, was a surprise for foreign intelligent services.

“Intelligence forces had been keeping a careful watch over Ruhollah Zam’s movements for a long time and he stepped into intelligence trap of IRGC some two years ago; ultimately, we were able to arrest him through cooperation with other intelligence services,” Second Brigadier General Mohammed Tavallaei, a high-ranking military official in IRGC headquarters, said.

The remark came as IRGC announced on Monday that its Intelligence Organization has arrested Ruhollah Zam, admin of an anti-Iranian website and Telegram channel ‘Amad News’, by tricking foreign intelligence agencies.

“Zam was a key figure of intelligence services for throwing the country into disarray...and driving a wedge between the Iranian people and government,” said Tavallaei, adding, “He was under the strong support of other intelligence services but we trapped and arrested him through a meticulous intelligence operation.”

All those individuals who have been deceived by foreign intelligence and anti-Revolution agencies should know that these countries will abandon them as soon as coming under pressure or facing a threat, he said.

IRGC said in its Monday statement that it has ‘guided’ Zam towards Iran and then made the arrest, noting that further information about the operation will soon be revealed.

Following the IRGC's announcement, Iran's parliament members issued a statement thanking Iran's intelligence services for the successful operation.

Great stuff! 

49 minutes ago, Qasim-Raza said:

They way I see it because Iran took their so-called haram rights away from them for eg they want to drink alcohol do zina prostitution women want to wear revealing clothes homosexuality eat haram all these haram things they want to do but Iran won’t allow it 

so that’s why they protest against Iran more specifically Islam 

Ok yes I understand what do you mean. I think this is good to criticize an Islamic government until the point you want haram thing from him.

A lot of the people in Iran love their government, system of government and agree with their general political stances, to the extent that they would be willing to give their lives to defend them if called upon to do so.

This can be looked at in two ways:

1. The government should be that much more responsible and transparent because they are supported by the love and trust of the masses. This love should not be abused by individuals in government or around power who are using their positions to unjustly enrich themselves. Even if you have the support and love of the people, do not take it for granted. Many have given their blood to allow the leadership to have such global political power.

2. How alive is the Iranian population to the realities around the rest of the world? Is this love and support based on ignorance is bliss and not knowing how much better their system can be or because they are happy and content with the level of performance and modus operandi of their government?

The former can be demonstrated by the unrealistic idealisation of iranian youth  abot the west(who are somewhat exposed to parts of the outer world), or the fact that quality in Iran is determined by declaring it "khariji" or "like khariji" quality. As a country with centuries of civilisation and the capacity for quality production locally, why should foreign stuff hold such allure?

The latter I mainly hear amongst the elderly people who were directly involved in the wars, revolution etc, and who saw the positive changes Iran went through after the war, development wise. So does this mean they have a more realistic picture of Iran, or are they holding onto a hope of someday achieving what they had hoped for?

P.s, this love is not limited to the boundaries of Iran. They are plenty of people around the world who said Labbayk to the call of the leader of the Islamic revolution, and even now, will give their lives to defend that, all shortcomings not withstanding.

Edited by habib e najjaar

@Ashvazdanghe I thought the partially agree reaction was copyrighted by @hasanhh:shifty:

I am curious to know what parts of my post you agree with and which ones you disagree with. For purposes of clarity, I come from a family of diehard WF supporters, and learnt how to sing bolbole Khomeini's songs before I learnt any nursery rhymes, and have lived in Iran and have interacted with Iranians of different classes and backgrounds all my life, so my post is not out to bash IRI.

2 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

I am curious to know what parts of my post you agree with and which ones you disagree with.

I agree with your post but I saw persons that are not religious or pro wf but they are ready to sacrifice their life for sake of Iran & command of Imam Khamenei but in other hand there is some people that are very religious but reject commands of WF or like as current government authorities although some  of them have studied in Hawza of Qom 7 have revolutionary background but they neglect commands of WF or postpone it until it reaches to a sensitive point & also there is a great amount in middle that are not very religious and also are neutral about WF but at the end love their country & religion and at the end some groups that are against everything & want a "Khariji" lifestyle  but recently a group of them  as new pan Iranians are changing their position to supporter of Iran with accepting WF as a sort of kingship & want removing current government system & establishing a new monarchi but they prefer WF system to other ones because they see it more successful than other system but beside that they want "Khariji" lifestyle under this new system but it seems recently they fall in trap of Pan Iranism-Turkism-Kurdism after attack of turkey to Kurds in Syria because Pan Kurds martyred many soldiers & IRGC members before start of Iran-Iraq war that pan Turks are misusing from such bad memories to turn Iranians against Kurds and in the other hand pan Turks & Pan Iranians are attacking each others because pan Turks are attcking figures like as Cyrus the great that is very important for pan Iranians and from other hand are making fabrications like as Prophet Muhammad (pbu) had Turk ancestors & Ajams in army of Mukhtar (رضي الله عنه) only were Turks & pan kurds are making false victim cards beside asking help from Israel like as I saw that they showed confrontation of Ahad Tamimi with Israeli soldiers as "a kurd girl against turkish soldier" & they are using other massacre pictures of Palestinians & Pakistanias as massacre of Kurds.

10 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

@Ashvazdanghe I thought the partially agree reaction was copyrighted by @hasanhh:shifty:

:hahaha:

7 hours ago, Hassu93 said:

she finds a lot of them Racist towards non Persians

Salam it's mostly about bad understating of each other people like Afghan residents are complaining about racism in Iran but they are also responsible for it because of wrongdoing of some of them that  caused negative reactions from Iranians in previous years but about Europeans or Black students I can't find anything or maybe it's very rare.

9 hours ago, Hassu93 said:

My sister studies in Al Mustafa University

The things the west tells about you isn't true but they all ain't saints either

I don't expect the entire Iranian populace to be amazing people, following their religion perfectly. When talking about a group of people, generalizing is difficult but there will always be a majority of people that are either X or Y. Racism is everywhere. 

On 10/10/2019 at 8:29 AM, 000 said:

you can use  on arrival e-visa so that your passport won't be stamped by Iranian immigration

image.png.3d717f3a5b6868851944804d62d0002e.png
Ooops, I'm sorry. Internet says that Jordan passports still will be stamped upon arrival to Iran.

On 10/22/2019 at 6:43 PM, Hassu93 said:

My sister studies in Al Mustafa University

The things the west tells about you isn't true but they all ain't saints either

my cousin studies in Qom too and hes a western born and raised he moved to Qom after his highschool and he tells me that he doesn't get along with iranians they are racist and act  weird he always get into fights with them he also told me that no international student get along with iranians ,only iranians get along with iranians ...

12 hours ago, Qasim-Raza said:

no international student get along with iranians ,only iranians get along with iranians ..

Majority of  international students come as couples but majority of Iranian students are single that in Iranian culture it's not appreciate that a single man spends his time with couples also Iranians are making relation with others based on culture of Iran not race that every time it looks like as racist action by them. 

5 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Majority of  international students come as couples but majority of Iranian students are single that in Iranian culture it's not appreciate that a single man spends his time with couples also Iranians are making relation with others based on culture of Iran not race that every time it looks like as racist action by them. 

Hmm... interesting.

Either way, if 100 people say there is something happening somewhere, it would be wiser to investigate its reality and deal with it (if it is found to be true) than to vehemently deny its existence.

Just so you know, there are also complaints about this against Iranians living in other countries. Many communities have their own forms and manifestations of racism whether it be Desi communities, Arab, Caucasian, African or whatever else. Acknowledging our illnesses is the only way to start the process towards remedying them.

19 hours ago, Qasim-Raza said:

my cousin studies in Qom too and hes a western born and raised he moved to Qom after his highschool and he tells me that he doesn't get along with iranians they are racist and act  weird he always get into fights with them he also told me that no international student get along with iranians ,only iranians get along with iranians ...

I dony deny that such things could happening but most foreigners who came to Iran say that generally iranians are very welcoming toward foreigners.

My comments aren't based on misunderstanding and neither my sister is married. She is also living their long enough to speak and understand Persian fluently.

15 minutes ago, Hassu93 said:

My comments aren't based on misunderstanding and neither my sister is married. She is also living their long enough to speak and understand Persian fluently.

I am sorry that your sister has had bad experiences. There are ignorant people everywhere.