Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AmirioTheMuzzy

Broken Qur'an Website

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

Apparently not. Try:  al-Qur'an.info

No apostrophe.

This computer will not accept corrections.

instead of al-Qur'an.info    use   a-l--q-u-r-a-n dot I-n-f-o

edit the "I" was auto capitalized

Edited by hasanhh
edit

3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Try, searchtruth.com or corpusquran.com.

Do these have Shia or Sunni tafsir? For their tafsir, Al-Islam.org may not have very clear explanations or good English, but their heart is in the right place. quranexplorer just has very good recitations etc. and the text is highlighted as it is read.

6 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

Do these have Shia or Sunni tafsir? For their tafsir, Al-Islam.org may not have very clear explanations or good English, but their heart is in the right place. quranexplorer just has very good recitations etc. and the text is highlighted as it is read.

al-Qur'an.info was excellent, I hope it returns insha'Allah. It had the best selection of translations (in my opinion), including Shia stuff that isn't on tanzil.net, and it also had a nice summary for each Surah.
I have taken some screenshots from cached versions of the website... unfortunately, none of the content on the site is viewable though...
By the way, I have contacted them via email, but I have gotten no response.

Here is my screenshot for audio:
2ab3c373d812fa98e972109022b984db.thumb.png.b4696114cb6c7706ad1d586d10ca3010.png

I will post the screenshots of the translations in the following posts (see below)...

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

The problem is that the website is not being actively looked after. For the last two months, the top of the website was covered in Chinese Spam url links that linked to dodgy websites. I sent them an email but they never fixed the issue.

Btw, their email is:

mail@al-Qur'an.info

They are located in Copenhagen, Denmark

Iman Mohammed Kashi (founder, development and content management) and Uwe Hideki Matzen (founder and development)

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

• Name

U.H. Matzen

• Phone number

+45.26934998

• Address

Tinghoejvej 54 2.sal th Soeborg Copenhagen 2860 DK
    If any of you have the (guts) to contact them, feel free... because I'm not sure I have 'em unfortunately.

Edited by ShiaChat Mod
(change in gender)

On 10/6/2019 at 3:03 PM, AmirioTheMuzzy said:
  • If any of you have the (guts) to contact them, feel free... because I'm not sure I have 'em unfortunately.

...also I don't want to make a long distance call, Haha.

Edited by ShiaChat Mod
(edit in the quote)

2 hours ago, 7ssein said:

fourshiabooks.com domain also expired and got bought be an ad company, so don't even go to the link or else you'll be spanned by ads ;(

It was a great database

That's unfortunate, did you try contacting the owners? Because I think usually they just forget about their website / lose interest, and they might be willing to buy it back if you email them that their site is deleted/broken... but I don't know.

It shut down recently I assume? I remember browsing it in mid-August (though I didn't find the website too useful, in my opinion).

Update: It's back!!! :clap:

This post can now be :locked:!

Unrelated Tip: Under the "Translation" section, if you scroll down, between Thai and Turkish there are three selections for 'Transliteration'... if you are interested in that. It was definitely there before, but I didn't notice it until now.

Also, the last thing I would like to mention is the great research they have done: here, which I discovered while the website was broken, as it was one of the few pages still working at the time.

P.S. Ali Quli Qara'I is my favourite translation... and it is loved by both Shias and Sunnis. I have a hard copy of it :)

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy