Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruqaya101

How has Islam changed in recent years?

Rate this topic

16 hours ago, Moalfas said:

There is no doubt that there are ideas or actions by some that can amount to Fitnah. But painting whole groups of people with such phrases actually puts the person making the accusation in a position of spreading Fitnah and division themselves. 

I am jumping the gun at this point as no one actually referred to a specific group on this thread but I feel obliged to say this as those labels were mentioned. 

Shia supported by British gov. are not even Muslims

We do not believe in the kind of Shia which is supported by London. We do not consider those Sunnis who are supported by the US and Israel as Muslims. We do not consider them Muslims in any way. Islam is that which is opposed to kufr, to oppression and to arrogance. These are our common points. Our common points are monotheism, Ka'bah and the holy existence of the Holy Prophet (sawas). Our common points are kindness towards the Ahlul Bayt [the Holy Prophet's household] (عليه السلام). And there are many other common points. All our obligations are among the common points.

Some people feel that in order to prove themselves, as Shia, they must resort to insulting and cursing the great personalities of Sunni Islam and other denominations. But, this is unnecessary; it goes against the traditions of our infallible Imams (عليه السلام). 

When you bear witness to certain radio and television channels, among the Islamic world, that are launched with the purpose to insult the great personalities of other denominations--under the title of Shi'a Islam--it becomes clear that Britain's Treasury finances them. This is British made Shi'a! No one should believe that development of good Shi'a ideology and strengthening their Shi'a faith is dependent on such insults and manner of speech. This is not productive [Insults, and cursing], this course of action will only produce negative results. 

We will support the Resistance. We support the territorial integrity of countries. We support all those individuals who resist the divisive policies of America. We confront all those people who create discord.

We do not approve of the brand of Shi'ism whose headquarters are in London [audience chant "Allahu Akbar"] because it is not the kind of Shia that the Holy Prophet's household (greetings be upon them) promoted. The brand of Shi'ism that is based on creating discord and on clearing the road for the presence of Islam's enemies is not real Shia Islam, rather it is deviation. Shia Islam is the epitome of original Islam and the Holy Qur'an. We will support all those people who help us towards unity, and we will oppose all those who act against unity...

http://english.Khamenei.ir/news/5528/Shia-supported-by-British-gov-are-not-even-Muslims

Young individuals from Alborz and Tehran met with Ayatollah Khamenei

http://english.Khamenei.ir/news/5528/Shia-supported-by-British-gov-are-not-even-Muslims

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

15 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Shia supported by British gov. are not even Muslims

This is a very dangerous and divisive statement. Even if you are quoting someone else. 

I will not get into the person who allegedly said this nor the people it is intended to describe but this is a very slippery slope because if you claim that they are not Muslim what are they Kafir? 

If I was to sit here to call people 'not Muslim' I.e. Kafir because I don't agree with them or what they do, I will be no different to the people labelled 'Takfiris'

No one has the right to decide who is Muslim and who isn't. Even Daesh murderers are Muslims who are misguided.

If one confirms the Shahada, they are Muslim full stop.

On 10/5/2019 at 11:01 AM, AkhiraisReal said:

More haram less halal.

No offense but I find Islam has turned more towards feminism.

Less sisters open to polygyny is a proof of this.

Islam has the most respect for women. But the sisters has turned it from respect to oppression and injustice. From lack of knowledge to propaganda spread by western and eastern schools and education system. It's everywhere.

They see Islam as a religion of oppression towards women. While it has the utmost respect for them.

Btw Islam is a deen not religion.

This.

Couldn't have said it better :respect:

On 10/5/2019 at 11:01 AM, AkhiraisReal said:

But the sisters has turned it from respect to oppression and injustice.

They see Islam as a religion of oppression towards women. While it has the utmost respect for them.

Actually, it's not the 'sisters' that turned it from respect to oppression and injustice. It's certain Muslim men that did that and used both culture and Islam as an excuse to oppress and control women.

Yes, Islam has the utmost respect for women, however, some Muslim men don't. The West is using the actions of those men to portray Islam as a repressive religion. 

2 hours ago, Moalfas said:

Actually, it's not the 'sisters' that turned it from respect to oppression and injustice. It's certain Muslim men that did that and used both culture and Islam as an excuse to oppress and control women.

Yes, Islam has the utmost respect for women, however, some Muslim men don't. The West is using the actions of those men to portray Islam as a repressive religion. 

Let's say it's actually both. Because you are somewhat correct.

14 hours ago, starlight said:

Who decides who is Muslim and who isn't? You?

it's not my statemet I just copied Imam Khamenei  statement.

A lot. I feel like there is only few Muslim people who are following Islam. I can name tons of Muslim I know who are cheaters, practicing usury, breaking their promises a lot, lying and talking about the chasity of women. I don’t know why but I swear, I feel like the world is ending soon. 

6 minutes ago, Diaz said:

I don’t know why but I swear, I feel like the world is ending soon. 

Sunni brothers are more convinced about that because they don't have our firm belief to Imam Mahdi (aj) &just see him as a caliph that will restore golden age of Islam &after that will be end times but we believe that he has more rule than a powerful caliph & he will fix our errors & our world before end time comes but before his reappearance we must be active waiters & try to not lose our hope .

On 10/8/2019 at 9:23 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

it's not my statemet I just copied Imam Khamenei  statement.

We have dozens of narrations warning us against 'takfeer' تكفير 

In fact the narrations say that if you do it on another Muslim, it will come back to you.

Anyone confirming Shahada is a Muslim whether we like him or not. Whether we agree with what he's doing or not. You are free to criticise him all you want, but you cannot call him non Muslim. This is accepted by all the Shia and the only exception applies to Nawasib- النواصب who are openly against Ahlul Bayt as

I actually think the alleged author of the quote had been misquoted but even if he had said that; I will put it against what Ahlul Bayt as have said on such issues and I will take what Ahlul Bayt as have said over anyone else. 

3 hours ago, Moalfas said:

We have dozens of narrations warning us against 'takfeer' تكفير 

In fact the narrations say that if you do it on another Muslim, it will come back to you.

This is not Takfir but Imam Khamenei stated they are not Muslims like as Khawarij also he is a Marjasso knows everything specially the narrations about Takfir & it's consequences .

3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

This is not Takfir but Imam Khamenei stated they are not Muslims like as Khawarij also he is a Marjasso knows everything specially the narrations about Takfir & it's consequences .

You firstly quoted 'not Muslims'; now you're justifying it by saying 'as Khawarij'. There's quite a massive difference. Is Khawarij your own understanding? If not could you kindly provide the quote and source? 

On 10/5/2019 at 5:23 AM, Ruqaya101 said:

How has Islam changed in recent years? What factors contributed to these changes? Be specific, such as what politics, what laws, technology has impacted this.

How have Muslim communities changed in recent years, discuss the differing cities/countries (west and east)? Again, what factors contributed to these changes?

Does it possess a positive outcome? Negative?

Opinions.

@Sumerian @3wliya_maryam @hasanhh @notme @Soldiers and Saffron

Islam has not but khutbahs and majalis have changed 

Esp in the west as women now have money and likely bring men to imambargah we see lectures on women's rights , how to treat them equally etc etc generally discouraging mutah and polygamy.These hypocrite ulema want to pander to their audience so they are change their tune with time.

salam, I totally agree with what people said about how Muslims have changed and Islam hasn't. For what Im about to say my apologies in advance:

I do believe Sunni Islam has changed. If you look at some newer versions of some Sunni hadith books such as the sahih bukhari the newer versions have had a slight change. For example in the older versions it would say that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) left behind the Qur'an and the Ahlalbayt/progeny but in the newer versions it say that the Prophet left behind Qur'an and the sunnah. Now obviously we know exactly why they made this change. Again sorry if I have upset someone.