Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Vindemiatrix

Controversial video from Muharram

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sirius_Bright said:

What part of the video you found controversial?

making a symbolic horse as a sacred thing & beating their chests while keeping knifes in their hands.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sirius_Bright said:

What part of the video you found controversial? 

Perhaps the tatbir which people were doing before the zuljanah. That is one of the controversial thing among Shias at the moment. 

I am personally very sensitive on these things. I don't like the way man was slaughtering the animals, it reminded me a video I saw of da'esh people beheading mo'mineen in Syria & Iraq. Don't like it at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Logic1234 said:

Perhaps the tatbir which people were doing before the zuljanah. That is one of the controversial thing among Shias at the moment. 

So, the problem is with tatbir? Tatbir was always controversial, nothing new. 

10 minutes ago, Logic1234 said:

I don't like the way man was slaughtering the animals, it reminded me a video I saw of da'esh people beheading mo'mineen in Syria & Iraq. Don't like it at all. 

I don't think there was a problem. Sharp knife, swift hands, least trouble for animals - that's how it's done. How do you sacrifice at Eid Al-adha? And why would you even compare halal sacrifice with what ugly daesh are doing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are stupid when they love someone. They become blind to the things they’re committing. 

People also need to stop filming Majalis. If you want to film the lecture, fine. But do not film the things you do afterwards because a lot of us do not want to be associated with Tatbir and all that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Pschological Warfare
1 minute ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

But do not film the things you do afterwards because a lot of us do not want to be associated with Tatbir and all that.

""and all that"" elaborate on ALL That - Its important that you express your issues so people can understand if the problem has religious basis or basically an image issue, utilizing some fiqhi( Jurisprudence) loophole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest Pschological Warfare said:

""and all that"" elaborate on ALL That - Its important that you express your issues so people can understand if the problem has religious basis or basically an image issue, utilizing some fiqhi( Jurisprudence) loophole. 

No thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The video does not show any slaughtering or tatbir. It shows a horse and some men holding knives and the impression is that they will do tatbir on themselves after the horse has gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

The video does not show any slaughtering or tatbir. It shows a horse and some men holding knives and the impression is that they will do tatbir on themselves after the horse has gone.

Which video did you watch brother? :hahaha:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Pschological Warfare
55 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Most of these azadari rituals have no basis in religion. They all derive from cultural influences. The issue is two fold. One, it has no basis in religion yet we do it in the name of religion. Two, it gives Muslims a bad image around the world.

Mr./Ms "Reformist", based on the website you promote, we do not agree on the basic non Azadari issues so, to you your way of life  to me mine.

I am an Azadar, Azadari is my way of life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest Pschological Warfare said:

Mr../Ms "Reformist", based on the website you promote, we do not agree on the basic non Azadari issues so, to you your way of life  to me mine.

I am an Azadar, Azadari is my way of life.

I think you hit your head too many times the CTE is showing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Pschological Warfare
1 hour ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

I think you hit your head too many times the CTE is showing.

There is a profession, where the SME shows an image and the patient says the first thing that comes to their mind. You did the same thing, I said the word "Azadar" and first thing that came to your mind was what you commented on.  Now whose problem is that mine or yours? 

Overly obsessing over something can lead to OCD.

Ashura and Blood has a connection that will never break. So, direct your efforts and energy towards constructive things. I also suspect this image thing is a mirage, it does not make sense. Because there are many things on the list that give Muslims a bad image. I think, its a round about(politically correct)  way of expressing frustration to the spread of Azadari. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 12:58 AM, Ali~J said:

[VIEWER DISCRETION STRONGLY ADVISED]

Salams 

This is the second thread started by yourself that I've come across where you intentionally bring up contentious issues as if to rile people up. The other thread was about Tatbir and it was eventually closed by mods due to the flaring tempers. 

You made your opinion clear regarding these rituals in the other thread and I therefore don't understand why you started this one?

People have different opinions and everyone mourns differently. No one forces you to take part in any ritual and you don't have the right to shove your opinion down anyone's throat. 

You know full well that starting such threads causes arguments which is why you've titled it 'controversial' 

At the end of the day each goes back to what their Marje's Fatwa is regarding the rituals.

I would suggest you think of topics that can bring people together and encourage  constructive dialogue rather than topics that are guaranteed to cause strife.

Wasalam 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Guest Pschological Warfare said:

There is a profession, where the SME shows an image and the patient says the first thing that comes to their mind. You did the same thing, I said the word "Azadar" and first thing that came to your mind was what you commented on.  Now whose problem is that mine or yours? 

Overly obsessing over something can lead to OCD.

Ashura and Blood has a connection that will never break. So, direct your efforts and energy towards constructive things. I also suspect this image thing is a mirage, it does not make sense. Because there are many things on the list that give Muslims a bad image. I think, its a round about(politically correct)  way of expressing frustration to the spread of Azadari. 

The video was literally about people swinging knives around in Muharram, where else would my mind go? Cutting fruit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Pschological Warfare
On 10/5/2019 at 1:48 PM, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

The video was literally about people swinging knives around in Muharram, where else would my mind go? Cutting fruit?

You can have the last word. 

Here are the facts

--------------------------

I said this 

Quote

Mr..../Ms "Reformist", based on the website you promote, we do not agree on the basic non Azadari issues so, to you your way of life  to me mine.

I am an Azadar, Azadari is my way of life.

You said in response

Quote

I think you hit your head too many times the CTE is showing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

The video was literally about people swinging knives around in Muharram, where else would my mind go?

Do you want them to stop swinging knives? Contact the Ayatullahs who allow such practices, request them to take back their permissions & declare it haram.

Or you can also choose to go right between this crowd, convince them, preach them what they're doing is wrong or bidah or whatever you like to call it. Be brave and just do the amr bil ma'ruf nahi anil munkar instead of sitting & commenting on internet forums. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Moalfas

Creepy much...?

It says you joined on Thursday, and u haven't visited my profile, so how long have you been roaming ShiaChat as an anonymous user, the Tatbir thread was from ages ago, how would you even know about it...? 

The Tatbir thread was from about one month ago... 

So either this is your second account, or you've been there the whole time watching anonymously... Either way, it's discomforting... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ali~J said:

So either this is your second account, or you've been there the whole time watching anonymously..

Let us know the reason of creating this thread? Do you want to evaluate the affiliations & sympathies of Shiachat members? Or you want to bring up the issue of tatbir once again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cool said:

Let us know the reason of creating this thread? Do you want to evaluate the affiliations & sympathies of Shiachat members? Or you want to bring up the issue of tatbir once again?

I just wanted people's opinion on the video... 

The Iraq sex slave post was controversial too but it's OK?... 

And if I wanted to bring up Tatbir again I would've created another thread specifically dedicated to it... 

Now if you'll excuse me I must investigate the new guy... (call me paranoid, but it's the Internet)....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Pschological Warfare

Internet forums are not true indicators of any thing. Everyone is a "ScreenName". Data is corrupted. Due to the fact that there are bots, outsiders pose as insiders, they can clearly see the divide and work with/align them selves  with the group/agenda that can benefit them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ali~J said:

just wanted people's opinion on the video... 

Hmm, it was a great video.

I invite all of you to join these guys next year with sharp knives in your hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

The video was literally about people swinging knives around in Muharram, where else would my mind go? Cutting fruit?

Well in the Iraqi Husayniya here they swing with knives too. They don’t do tatbir only swinging knives. So swinging knives could be symbolic but I don't know about the video

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest Pschological Warfare said:

Ashura and Blood has a connection that will never break. So, direct your efforts and energy towards constructive things. I also suspect this image thing is a mirage, it does not make sense. Because there are many things on the list that give Muslims a bad image. I think, its a round about(politically correct)  way of expressing frustration to the spread of Azadari

 Ashura is "winning blood over sword " that means Victory of truth over falsehood of Tyrants but many cultural rituals like as causing bleed with knives only ruins message of Ashura because people judge based on actions not intentions but activities like as blood donation spreads true message of Ashura that blood donation at least transfers & holds blood of Shia in other body but Tatbir only wastes blood of Shias also blood donation helps people in countries like as India & Pakistan that are suffering from blood smuggling mafia bands & it helps poor people that it was one of practices of our Imams that were helping poor people even if they were their enemies.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Cool said:

Hmm, it was a great video.

I invite all of you to join these guys next year with sharp knives in your hands.

No thanks. I'll stick to going to multiple Hussainiyas every night and actually listening to lectures instead of doing questionable actions. My Imam would rather I become knowledgeable.

Literally a hundred things you could do that would be better than this. All this does is push people away from us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Pschological Warfare
2 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

 Ashura is "winning blood over sword " that means Victory of truth over falsehood of Tyrants but many cultural rituals like as causing bleed with knives only ruins message of Ashura because people judge based on actions not intentions but activities like as blood donation spreads true message of Ashura that blood donation at least transfers & holds blood of Shia in other body but Tatbir only wastes blood of Shias .

Issues repeated and talked about with OCD intensity waste Shia mind and cause disunity. Repeat of Non Shia history of creating four different Jurisprudence sects due to people following the party line and preferring one Jurist over the other Real battle is to not follow their history. But politics and power corrupts, and foot soldiers will not desist. 

Blood and Sand/Earth has a connection on day of Ashura. But you have your opinion. I am not concerned with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...