Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Thousands of students from different age groups have confirmed they are striking and joining the protests in Baghdad.

Question to the @conspiracy theorists does Saudi Arabian intelligence control schools as well? :hahaha: let go of your laughable garbage theories. People are starving and their living conditions are trash, they want nothing to do with the political parties nor their politicians.

l didn't know @Sumerian posted just above, but here is the 'best' news article l found on that post:

https://arynews.tv/Iraq-students-join-protests-as-pressure-on-government-swells/

--Uniformed school girls in Tahir Square -ruck sacks included

--several schools and universities have decided to close  

OPINE: Whatever happens now,  prayerfully nothing tragic, the gov't and parliament are done gone.

Edited by hasanhh
spelling in link

Karbala Friday prayer leader calls on protesters to avoid vandalism, violence

https://en.abna24.com/news//Karbala-friday-prayer-leader-calls-on-protesters-to-avoid-vandalism-violence_984591.html

October 26, 2019 - 6:29 PM News Code : 984591 Source : RasaLink: 

Karbala Friday prayer leader calls on protesters to avoid vandalism, violence

Hujjat al-Islam al-Karbala’I called on protesters and security forces to keep anti-government ‎demonstrations peaceful.‎

The representative of Grand Ayatollah Sayyid Ali al-Sistani in Karbala said that security forces ‎must not allow attacks on public and private property, must ensure the safety of the rallies, ‎and stay away from violence.‎

He also urged the demonstrators to avoid vandalizing the public properties, describing any ‎act of vandalism as “illegal and illegitimate.”‎

Hujjat al-Islam al-Karbala’I said that protesters should be aware of infiltration of suspicious ‎elements, trying to exploit the rightful demands of protesters.‎

He also said that true reform is only possible through unity and cooperation.‎

Monday Mourning    <--catch the spelling?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/students-flood-Iraq-streets--defying-government-and-parents-12041040 

Students in the protests and some teachers while many clerics in Najaf have joined the protests there.

Saeroon -Sadr's political bloc- has dropped support for al-Mahdi

Four Lawmakes resigned Sunday

The 1300 Parliamentary meeting has not taken place.

Al-Mahdi and President Saleh are scrambling to hold onto power --promising and asking for advice from the UN

More

On 10/14/2019 at 4:41 PM, Moalfas said:

To anyone in denial of Iranian personnel operating inside Iraq: as described by the person filming- a large convoy of Iranian buses and cars (apparently revolutionary guards) driving through Diwaniya in southern Iraq, driving on the wrong side of the road, knocking over something off the central reservation (كبوس) , carried on driving. 

They seem to have just crossed over from Iran.

Are you sure that they are Iranian cars? I have no idea whether Iran plays a role in this unrest but Iranian police cars are green and white or black while the cars we see in the video seem to be red and white.

On 10/14/2019 at 10:04 PM, Moalfas said:

Every single jeep was a law enforcement jeep and every single bus had the law enforcement flasher ontop. The bus with the side lights also had two top flashers (front and back) that were flashing alongside the side lights flashing. These are not normal running lights as you suggest, these blue lights are exclusive to law enforcement. 

Perhaps Iranian contributors can confirm or deny that these vehicles are in fact law enforcement. Maybe they can also tell us what the writing says on the side of the buses.

Also,

Here's an older video also taken in the south of Iraq in Wasit of an Iranian police car, when quizzed, they confirmed that were Iranian police and when asked on the premise of them being in Iraqi jurisdiction, they drove off.

One can easily deny unsubstantiated reports, but when you are presented with such clear examples, it's hard to deny. And I'm afraid, jumping to ridicule the evidence and to compare it to the white helmets who were staging their videos, only puts you in a position of being ridiculed yourself and proves lack of understanding of the situation on the ground. 

They are traffic police (not the ones who arrest the criminals) because their cars are blue and white.

@shadow_of_light

The first video: they don't look like regular police cars, the jeeps and buses seem like they would be revolutionary guard vehicles.

The second video: it could well be a traffic police car. It's still outside of Iranian jurisdiction which was the point. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/Iraqi-protests-bring-baghdad-to-the-tipping-point 

--video footage of lraq violence is forwarded out of Lebanon --has link, the one l could view showed an ambulance attacked

--Sadr's Sairoon is threatening to "go into opposition" which is not an option in the lraqi political tent

--the Sadrists are "ready" to take on Asaib Ahl al-Haqq and Badrist forces

--and the usual lRl bugbear plug

18 hours ago, hasanhh said:

The 1300[hours -ed. added] Parliamentary meeting has not taken place.

Change in Reporting from 18 hours ago, the Parliament did meet:

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/10/28/609820/Iraq-parliament-measures-protester-demands 

Opine: As noted earlier and in other reports, the protesters will not be placated by anything lraqi institutions do now as they demand an "emergency gov't".

Edited by hasanhh

Murder in Kerbala  in the last hour Reuters reporting

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/Iraq-protests-violence_n_5db7e68ee4b02aee7d356965

14 Dead

800 wounded

3 other dead -succumbed to earlier wounds in Nassariya

ADDED: apnews.com in the same time frame is reporting 18 dead and "hundreds wounded" Shooting occured in Education Square, Karbala about 2 km away from Imam Hussein's shrine. Security forces firing tear gas cannisters directly into protesters killed 3 and "wounded  more than 100" doing this.

Edited by hasanhh
apnews

5 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Analou Agency (Turkey) report an

This Turkish news agency has anti Iranian & somehow anti Shia policy like as Al-Arabia of KSA .

8 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

This Turkish news agency has anti Iranian & somehow anti Shia policy like as Al-Arabia of KSA .

l believe l have read some news from it only a couple of times. The purpose for which l posted it is to show what the lraqi gov't is saying so it can be compared to what the int'l news agencies are reporting. "The situation in Karbala is very good" said the area commander does not square with the reports.

The images and videos of the protesters shot in the head with tear gas canisters is shocking. 

Every politician and every influential power should and WILL be held accountable for the innocent blood being spilt everyday. 

:cry: On the verge of a societal slaughter

https://www.voanews.com/middle-east/Iraqi-protesters-pack-baghdad-square-anti-government-movement-gains-momentum 

--crowds enraged by Karabala murders and have "taken control" of security forces barrier on the verge of invading the Green Zone

Hoping for a coup de tat?    

https://www.rudaw.net/english/middleeast/Iraq/291020192 

Sadr joins protests in Najaf "vows to unseat gov't"  

OPINE: as l posted Sunday the 27th at 0216hrs, the gov't ordered "All Means Necessary". Does not look good, does it?

Edited by hasanhh
corrected link?

About 45 minutes ago, and its about 0600 hrs in Baghdad,30Oct19

Protesters have gotten over the first barrier to the Green Zone and are currently in the middle of the bridge.

h  https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20191030-Iraq-protesters-cross-barrier-towards-green-zone/ 

Also:

from topline banner:

Trump says Baghdadi's No.1 replacement "is dead"

World leaders flock to Riyyad

Tunisa dismisses foreign and defense ministers

Daesh 'silent' on Baghdadi's death (opine: no surprise here) and buried at sea

Iraq's Umm Qasr port closed by protesters.

Sadr calls on rivals for them to jion him in ousting PM

paraphraseTahrir Square is crammed with people, even on the balconys and roofs

Added 2230hrs 29Oct 

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20180909-rockets-fired-at-basra-airport-as-violent-protests-grip-Iraq/ 

lRl consulate attack

Umm Qasr reopened

lraqi gov't buildings burned

NOTE: date of report does NOT correlate with the current news, ?

Edited by hasanhh
link

0330EDT(NYC) = 1030AST(Baghdad)

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-Iraq-protests/Iraqi-prime-ministers-main-backers-agree-to-oust-him-idUSKBN1X90HX  -0200hrsEDT

Hadi al-Amiri, who leads an alliance of Shi'ite militias and the 2nd largest block of Parliamentary seats and Sadr's 'main rival', has agreed to help oust PM Abdul al-Mahdi

An overview article by France24, https://www.france24.com/en/20191030-protesters-defy-crackdown-as-Iraq-crisis-deepens 

-Sadr is in Najaf, but interestingly it says his plane landed from lran.

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

0330EDT(NYC) = 1030AST(Baghdad)

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-Iraq-protests/Iraqi-prime-ministers-main-backers-agree-to-oust-him-idUSKBN1X90HX  -0200hrsEDT

Hadi al-Amiri, who leads an alliance of Shi'ite militias and the 2nd largest block of Parliamentary seats and Sadr's 'main rival', has agreed to help oust PM Abdul al-Mahdi

An overview article by France24, https://www.france24.com/en/20191030-protesters-defy-crackdown-as-Iraq-crisis-deepens 

-Sadr is in Najaf, but interestingly it says his plane landed from lran.

I think this is actually a great move. It is nice that such political parties are agree to cooperate between each other.

13 hours ago, Moalfas said:

The images and videos of the protesters shot in the head with tear gas canisters is shocking. 

Every politician and every influential power should and WILL be held accountable for the innocent blood being spilt everyday. 

Salam these videos are old & spread by anti Iran media few years ago in name of killing demonstrators inside Iran by IRGC but at last it becomes clear that original videos are about killing Palestinians by Israelis & these videos again is spreading in name of killing iraqis by IIRGC or Hashd Al Shabi by channels that  are supporting fake Yemani that says all Shia Marjas must be killed & Shias must obey Fake Yamani as representative of Imam Mahdi (aj)

38 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam these videos are old & spread by anti Iran media few years ago in name of killing demonstrators inside Iran by IRGC but at last it becomes clear that original videos are about killing Palestinians by Israelis & these videos again is spreading in name of killing iraqis by IIRGC or Hashd Al Shabi by channels that  are supporting fake Yemani that says all Shia Marjas must be killed & Shias must obey Fake Yamani as representative of Imam Mahdi (aj)

Of course the nearly 200 innocent Iraqi  protesters killed and the thousands injured the past month are all fake videos and old news from Iran's protestors and paltestinains??

I would have shared some of the footage here but it's too gruesome. 

Please think twice before posting your conspiracy theory nonsense because you're being very offensive. People are losing their live's for their dignity and you call it fake news.

12 hours ago, realizm said:

:salam:

How successful they are in destabilizing every proxy of Iran...

Geopolitics of Iran v anti Iran and the innocent civilians are the fuel and paying the price. 

@hasanhh

Sadr's representatives are amongst the biggest thieves in the government.  They and their leader are jumping ship to save face. 

The whole political class needs to to be held accountable.

11 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

Of course the nearly 200 innocent Iraqi  protesters killed and the thousands injured the past month are all fake videos and old news from Iran's protestors and paltestinains??

I would have shared some of the footage here but it's too gruesome. 

Please think twice before posting your conspiracy theory nonsense because you're being very offensive. People are losing their live's for their dignity and you call it fake news.

I following all news about protestors and saw your claimed videos & I saw it during Iran protests too that released in name of killing irnians by IRGC inside Iran and now these videos are repeating with new title of killing Iraqis with Hash al Shabi& other pro Iran militant but you obviously & intentinaly didn't refer to martyring & burning alive of leader of "Asaeb brigards " that had great in in fight with ISIS/Daesh  and his brother inside an Ambulance while he was injured by fake protesters.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

1 hour ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

I think this is actually a great move. It is nice that such political parties are agree to cooperate between each other.

ln political theory: lf it is somewhat sustainable.

But l do not foresee 'the best'.

l think another threat is arising in the west.

1 hour ago, Sumerian said:

Imagine someone being proud of being a "proxy" of another country. 

The blood of the innocent will hold the corrupt and sellouts accountable. 

On 10/3/2019 at 10:03 AM, 3wliya_maryam said:

I'm going to be honest about one thing. I've never really been a proud Iraqi. I used to always ridicule my own country, because of its corrupt government and messed up people. But there are people dying. My own people. The very same land where Imam Hussein (عليه السلام) and his family were brutally murdered, slaughtered and mutiliated. The same land where Abbas (عليه السلام) fought to bring water to the little ones, the same land where Sayyeda Zainab (عليه السلام) ran between the flames crying out for her brother. And yet, hardly anyone talks about the legacy that the Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام) left on this blessed land. Where youngsters are getting killed. People tend to stay silent on such matters. For years Iraq has never been able to live in peace, not only because of terrorist groups, or the US or that oil war (I don't know im not into politics), but because of its messed up government who don't even give the slightest damn about their own nation. Its because of their ignorance that has led to such issues. Never had they ever brought any good or improved the lives of their citizens. And till this day protests still take place, because they have had enough. They want a better life, a better future for the next generation that is yet to come, and I agree that these protests won't make a difference, but our people won't stop fighting no matter what, even if it means death. It's not like they're just going to sit there and watch their country deteriorate without doing anything about it. 

And yet all these corrupt politicans do is just sit there and smoke weed, watching little kids die without giving the slightest sympathy.

As an Iraqi from Kut I do not support the protest. I can support a protest against the government but this protest is not against the government it's against Iran. And how bad can you people get? It was like yesterday isis was standing outside Baghdad when no one helped us except Iran. Iran is the one who supported us against isis and it's thanks to them that we could defead isis. And of course they have already forgot about that and they're already out to kill the one nation that saved us. You know that in Islam  you must be thankful and even try to give someone back if they helped you with something. I think it's our duty to help our brothers in Iran in these difficult times when The United States and Israel is putting up the pressure. These protests are a result of media brainwashing in Iraq and I hope you realize that. May God be with you brother.

On 10/28/2019 at 1:17 PM, Moalfas said:

@shadow_of_light

The first video: they don't look like regular police cars, the jeeps and buses seem like they would be revolutionary guard vehicles.

The second video: it could well be a traffic police car. It's still outside of Iranian jurisdiction which was the point. 

I was thinking the same thing. It would be awkward for me to see a Canadian police vehicles here in the US. Not sure why it would be normal for Iranian patrol vehicles to be in Iraq. Even if the vehicles were transportation regulators, it would be strange.

I remember when Syrian protests started out peacefully and people insisted that Assad would hold fair elections and would step down.

Will Iraq's protests end differently?

I still can't help but wonder, are radicals like IS produced by oppressive and corrupt governments, or are oppressive and corrupt governments produced by radicals? 

Wednesday Evening EDT-New York time

2 reported murdered Wednesday by security forces shooting two protesters in th head with tear gas cannisters

Women with children are off the balconies and have joined the protests in the streets.

Rockets hit inside Green Zone killing one.

(Another report, Radi Farda, is saying the gov't is being guarded by lranian assets.)

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-Iraq-protests/Iraqi-prime-ministers-fate-in-limbo-as-protests-swell-two-killed-idUSKBN1X90HX