Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iraq Protests 2019-2020

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
1 hour ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

explain in which way he could be more legitimate than other politician?

because he is completely anti Iran.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This whole peotests in Iraq, Lebanon and Iran is only escalated due to enemies of Islam finding opportunities to pour gas on the fire. This isn't about Iran or Iraq's sovereignty or gas prices. They,

What's the worst that can happen in the wordly sense? One can die.What's better for Akhira than dying on the ziyarat of Imam al-Husayn (عليه السلام)? Don't give up the chance. Who knows if we might ev

I think best for Iraq would be to split the country in three new countries. One predominantly Sunni Arab, the other predominantly Shia Arab and the last one predominantly kurd.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

I will wait for his answer because for the moment I don't see why he would be more legitimate than others. 

• Veteran Member
Guest Sunshine
1 hour ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

Like I said previously I didn't know him. I however watched the results of last Iraqi elections and it looks that the political party of these person has pretty bad result. So could you explain in which way he could be more legitimate than other politician? Are there polls showing he is now more popular than previously? 

Last election in Iraq had lowest turnout in Iraq history ever. Only 40-46% people voted. There was good reason for it. Abadi did not change the system. So people did not feel like voting because the result would be exactly like the last time. As I have said many times before the old election law was crooked. This election law was created under Maliki and it gave the biggest block power over smaller ones. For example The previous electoral laws gave political parties the power to transfer votes for losing candidates to others who needed a boost to meet the required threshold that would see them enter the parliament.  So  if certain parties don't get enough votes, their votes and seats are given to the larger parties and they can transfer those votes to other provinces  and win. In the old electoral law you win basically entire province instead of electoral districts. Remember these same laws where also used in Governor race.  It also does not help that we don’t have check and balances. The big parties can easily briber and force people vote. Combine that and you basically get unfair Mafia style system in Iraq. As you can see this system is totally unfair and crooked. The small independent parties have only small change to win races  and many province  get candidates that they did not ask for. So for people that say that Iraqis are blame for voting same candidates over 16 years. You are totally clueless. Iraq democracy is democracy only in a name.

48 minutes ago, Guest Sunshine said:

Last election in Iraq had lowest turnout in Iraq history ever. Only 40-46% people voted. There was good reason for it. Abadi did not change the system. So people did not feel like voting because the result would be exactly like the last time. As I have said many times before the old election law was crooked. This election law was created under Maliki and it gave the biggest block power over smaller ones. For example The previous electoral laws gave political parties the power to transfer votes for losing candidates to others who needed a boost to meet the required threshold that would see them enter the parliament.  So  if certain parties don't get enough votes, their votes and seats are given to the larger parties and they can transfer those votes to other provinces  and win. In the old electoral law you win basically entire province instead of electoral districts. Remember these same laws where also used in Governor race.  It also does not help that we don’t have check and balances. The big parties can easily briber and force people vote. Combine that and you basically get unfair Mafia style system in Iraq. As you can see this system is totally unfair and crooked. The small independent parties have only small change to win races  and many province  get candidates that they did not ask for. So for people that say that Iraqis are blame for voting same candidates over 16 years. You are totally clueless. Iraq democracy is democracy only in a name.

Ok so I understand better about the result of this man from the last elections but like I said do we have polls which show that these person have big popularity in Iraq ?

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

Like I said previously I didn't know him. I however watched the results of last Iraqi elections and it looks that the political party of these person has pretty bad result. So could you explain in which way he could be more legitimate than other politician? Are there polls showing he is now more popular than previously? 

His more popular now after many people endorsed him, and his picture was raised by thousands in Tahrir Square. He has gained prominence.

57 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

His more popular now after many people endorsed him, and his picture was raised by thousands in Tahrir Square. He has gained prominence.

Thanks for the answer. 

Now could we know if protestors in tahrir Square are homogenous politically? 

Guest Sunshine
13 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

Thanks for the answer. 

Now could we know if protestors in tahrir Square are homogenous politically? 

There are some Sadr supporter in mix but Sheik Ali is actually good for their interest. So I don’t why would they hesitate.

Guest Sunshine
4 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

We are not Anti Iran. We are anti Iranian government that want lead all Shia countries via Islamic rule by themselves.. This will never work. Shia nationalist, Sunnis and  kurds does not want get ruled by Iran.

36 minutes ago, Guest Sunshine said:

There are some Sadr supporter in mix but Sheik Ali is actually good for their interest. So I don’t why would they hesitate.

OK so do you have polls confirming that most Iraqis support him? 

1 hour ago, Guest Sunshine said:

We are not Anti Iran. We are anti Iranian government that want lead all Shia countries via Islamic rule by themselves.. This will never work. Shia nationalist, Sunnis and  kurds does not want get ruled by Iran.

I don’t think "iranian government" really wanted to cause troubles in Iraq voluntarily.

Guest Sunshine
37 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

OK so do you have polls confirming that most Iraqis support him? 

I don’t have polls. The people want temporary  independent PM so he can install new election law without corruption and allow UNESCO to monitors the progress. People does not trust anybody from Nor maliki or Fatah block. They don’t have nationalistic interest. PM has also power to control the army. He can give orders not kill the protesters.

Guest care?Monad
1 hour ago, Guest Sunshine said:

The fallacy of this statement is that there is a regression to nationalism to absolve power within the ideas of the ruling states. The fact remains that for unification to occur, there has to be one source of power. Is it not quite comical that Muslims cry for a savior, but are not interested in a form of unified power system. A savior wont be situated in your land, yet will have authority, will this above excuse stand?. Once again as history has shown, humans can only be unified, subjugated and controlled via absolute tyranny. Pharohs, gengis khan, Alexander, Cyrus, Hence why the zionist system actually works. The same states who hate Iran, will venture into the hands of other states, as long as the reward is greater then what Iran provides. Thus, acknowledge, this has nothing to do with Iran, rather who imposes a greater possible future gain for the minority while the majority think it will be in their favor.

Note - Not taking anyones side, as I do not benefit from either of them. I pity the people, but I doubt they would pity me.

Guest Sunshine
34 minutes ago, Guest care?Monad said:

The fallacy of this statement is that there is a regression to nationalism to absolve power within the ideas of the ruling states. The fact remains that for unification to occur, there has to be one source of power. Is it not quite comical that Muslims cry for a savior, but are not interested in a form of unified power system. A savior wont be situated in your land, yet will have authority, will this above excuse stand?. Once again as history has shown, humans can only be unified, subjugated and controlled via absolute tyranny. Pharohs, gengis khan, Alexander, Cyrus, Hence why the zionist system actually works. The same states who hate Iran, will venture into the hands of other states, as long as the reward is greater then what Iran provides. Thus, acknowledge, this has nothing to do with Iran, rather who imposes a greater possible future gain for the minority while the majority think it will be in their favor.

Note - Not taking anyones side, as I do not benefit from either of them. I pity the people, but I doubt they would pity me.

I don’t get you point. Are you saying that Unity needs Authoritarianism to able work? Are you talking about uniting people by religion and create one dictator force? If you want make stable country. That does not mean we are going to throw Iran in trash bin.  We can have military cooperation. We can have business deals etc but not in degree that its going to affect the our nation and population in bad way.

4 hours ago, Guest Sunshine said:

I don’t have polls. The people want temporary  independent PM so he can install new election law without corruption and allow UNESCO to monitors the progress. People does not trust anybody from Nor maliki or Fatah block. They don’t have nationalistic interest. PM has also power to control the army. He can give orders not kill the protesters.

You know it is not like protestors represent all Iraqis.

Guest Sunshine
8 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

You know it is not like protestors represent all Iraqis.

This is bigger protest than 2003.. when Saddam was toppled. This can give you some image what majority of Iraqis think.  In Iraq PM is not picked by popular vote. 

Guest sure?Monad
3 hours ago, Guest Sunshine said:

I don’t get you point. Are you saying that Unity needs Authoritarianism to able work? Are you talking about uniting people by religion and create one dictator force? If you want make stable country. That does not mean we are going to throw Iran in trash bin.  We can have military cooperation. We can have business deals etc but not in degree that its going to affect the our nation and population in bad way.

Your terminologies prove my points.

Are not all forms of systems authoritative?. They have a central ruling force, authority, power. This is seen in the Financial, Energy to political sector. The ideas come from a controlling group which dictate the course of their agenda.

Religion is a method of unification. But it failed due to the causation of division.

see -  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_republic

Evidence is needed to prove that the power that is influencing the state is gaining more then the state it self. If the state cannot help it self, it will then need to ally it self. Making allies comes at a price. Either the ally benefits or if both are equal in strenght, then the benefit is mutual. If the state is failing and it failing will cause its neighbours problems, then the neighbour will have to step in to secure its own future.

Thus, the current state needs to fix it self up and choose the correct friend. It currently has a power struggle where they want to make friends not based on religion, culture, but which friend benefits the particular parties in the short term. Clearly not learning from experience.

How do they do that? I have no idea, not smart enough to solve my own problems, let alone a nations.

Guest Sunshine
1 hour ago, Guest sure?Monad said:

Are not all forms of systems authoritative?. They have a central ruling force, authority, power. This is seen in the Financial, Energy to political sector. The ideas come from a controlling group which dictate the course of their agenda.

Religion is a method of unification. But it failed due to the causation of division.

Evidence is needed to prove that the power that is influencing the state is gaining more then the state it self. If the state cannot help it self, it will then need to ally it self. Making allies comes at a price. Either the ally benefits or if both are equal in strenght, then the benefit is mutual. If the state is failing and it failing will cause its neighbours problems, then the neighbour will have to step in to secure its own future.

Thus, the current state needs to fix it self up and choose the correct friend. It currently has a power struggle where they want to make friends not based on religion, culture, but which friend benefits the particular parties in the short term. Clearly not learning from experience.

How do they do that? I have no idea, not smart enough to solve my own problems, let alone a nations.

Yes they are but in real Democracy people can shape  the country. If they don’t like where the leader are heading the country. They can vote them out. Iraq does not have real democratic system thats why it needs huge overhaul before the people can have power to shape it.  Most Iraqis are nationalist. 90% Sunnis want nationalist country and over 75% Shia.The Iraqi wants  unite together but they really cannot right now because the system does not allow it. We have same interest despite of different religion sect. Our country was Secular over many decades and Shia/Sunnis lived together peacefully. This was even before Saddam was in rule.  What I hope is that this current protest movement can achieve this unity with big overhaul of the system. We can get rid of  rid of Iranian meddling by fixing our country first. That does not mean we are going to end all economic and military cooperation. Iran is still important neighbor despite what they are doing in our country. Our system just allow everyone to steal and it does not have any check and balances.

Guest Sunshine
3 hours ago, Guest sure?Monad said:

Yes they are but in real Democracy people can shape  the country. If they don’t like where the leader are heading the country. They can vote them out. Iraq does not have real democratic system thats why it needs huge overhaul before the people can have power to shape it.  Most Iraqis are nationalist. 90% Sunnis want nationalist country and over 75% Shia.The Iraqi wants  unite together but they really cannot right now because the system does not allow it. We have same interest despite of different religion sect. Our country was Secular over many decades and Shia/Sunnis lived together peacefully. This was even before Saddam was in rule.  What I hope is that this current protest movement can achieve this unity with big overhaul of the system. We can get rid of  rid of Iranian meddling by fixing our country first. That does not mean we are going to end all economic and military cooperation. Iran is still important neighbor despite what they are doing in our country. Our system just allow everyone to steal and it does not have any check and balances

Guest Sunshine

Breaking news. 5 militants men started to shooting protester and  2 activist in nasiriyah.. One activist in critical condition.

There is  emergency in nasiriyah. Plenty of police cars and army cars are heading toward.. I hope many people did not die.

• Veteran Member
14 hours ago, Guest Sunshine said:

Agree. This is what we had in college and then again later in a post-1979 lran study.

Ethnic divisions, political divisions, historical divisions and so on.

• Veteran Member

01Jan2020, 2330hrsEST   Creepy New Year

Pompeo delay his "Ukraine Visit" apnews.com [Opine: So he could appear on TV to spout anti-lRl war rhetoric.]

After making their point about "betrayl bombings", several militia groups representatives withdraw from the Green Zone:

https://apnews.com/711ba27d6c4043ce4070eef102c17e53  --article contains US rhetoric and then some reporting

At the Green Zone, summary of events: https://www.france24.com/en/20200102-with-pro-Iran-groups-at-helm-Iraq-risks-becoming-pariah 

How the Green Zone's 'protesting militias' left:  https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/01/protesters-leave-embassy-compound-baghdad-200101150105003.html 

as to lRI:  https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/01/afraid-analysts-dismiss-threats-Iraq-200101172345472.html 

Khamenei's pronouncement -and Washington's rhtoric:    https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/45267/Iran-s-Khamenei-strongly-condemns-U-S-attacks-in-Iraq-TV 

Inside Story: "ls lraq becoming a battleground . . . "   VIDEO;  https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/insidestory/2020/01/Iraq-battleground-washington-Tehran-200101193806227.html 

Ammar al-Hakim and seprarately President Salih: phone calls to Emir of Qatar: https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/45270/Qatari-Emir-claims-supporting-Iraq-s-stability 

And the Kurds are not happy about this attack either: various news bulletins and this:  https://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/42cfa024-9008-4ad2-a4e4-ad39bdac3d60 

Local American news also reported: 1] the strategic deployment force, 82nd ABN is going to the area; 2] US troops in Kuwait are 'locking and loading' under a war-warning.

• Veteran Member

Political Trvia:  Did you know that the Chaldean Christian Militia, Shabak militia, and the Turkmen militias . . .

all have "links to lran" ?

https://www.fpri.org/article/2019/08/the-future-of-the-Iraqi-popular-mobilization-forces/  of August 2019.

The word "Trivia" is used as an American humorism. This is not trivial.

Posted (edited)

Imam Khamenei: U.S. taking revenge on Hashd al-Sha’abi for defeating ISIS

https://en.abna24.com/news//Imam-Khamenei-u-s-taking-revenge-on-hashd-al-sha’abi-for-defeating-isis_998203.html

January 1, 2020 - 3:55 PM News Code : 998203 Source : Khamenei.irLink: 

"Look at what the US is doing in Iraq and Syria. They’re taking revenge on Hashd al-Sha’bi for defeating ISIS. Since Hashd al-Sha’bi crippled and destroyed ISIS—which the U.S. had created—they’re taking revenge. The Iranian government the Iranian nation and I strongly condemn the US’s malice."

"That guy[Donald Trump] has tweeted that we see Iran responsible for the events in Baghdad and we will respond to Iran. firstly, You can’t do anything and secondly, If you were logical —which you’re not— you’d see that your crimes in Iraq, Afghanistan… have made nations hate you."

"If the Islamic Republic decides to challenge and fight, it will do so unequivocally. We’re not after wars, but we strongly defend the Iranian nation’s interests, dignity and glory. If anyone threatens that, we will unhesitatingly confront and strike them."

"People have economic demands, mostly rightful ones. In the events of Nov, people had demands but the enemy had prepared agents to cause sedition. It used the opportunity to harm the country. With their insight and astuteness, people withdrew and the seditionists were left alone."

"Those who abuse people’s demands, attack fuel and wheat warehouses to set them on fire and destroy infrastructures, which belong to the people, some of them may do this based on emotions. But, the main orchestrators are linked to foreign intelligence services."

"A senior official of the country said a foreign politician said during the recent riots he had heard the stupid U.S. officials in Washington say happily, “Iran is done this time!”
He said when the events had finished, the Americans were very upset that it hadn’t worked again."

"The US has committed many crimes. They plunder nations’ interests & humiliate them. A US official enters a country to visit a US base & asks the country’s president to meet him there. Small guy! That’s someone else’s home! When the US acts like this, it’s natural nations hate it"

Imam Khamenei: U.S. taking revenge on Hashd al-Sha’abi for defeating ISIS

On the occasion of the auspicious birth of Lady Zeinab al-Kubra (p.b.u.h.), thousands of nurses from across the country met with Imam Khamenei, the Leader of the Islamic revolution, on Wednesday, January 1st, in the Husayniyah of Imam Khomeini.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Sheikh Isa Qassim describes Arab support for US strikes in Iraq as shameful, ugly

https://en.abna24.com/news//sheikh-isa-qassim-describes-Arab-support-for-us-strikes-in-Iraq-as-shameful-ugly_998224.html

January 1, 2020 - 5:57 PM News Code : 998224 Source : LuaLua TVLink: 

Sheikh Isa Qassim describes Arab support for US strikes in Iraq as shameful, ugly

Bahrain’s highest religious authority Sheikh Isa Qassim described Manama’s backing for recent US strikes against Iraq as “shameful”.

The cleric did not directly name Bahrain’s rulers in his statement on Wednesday, referring instead to “some regimes” in the Arab world.

He said that it was “very painful, very ugly and very humiliating” to see regional governments “announce their official support alongside Israel for the brutal American aggression against beloved Iraq and the solid forces defending it.”

The US strikes on Sunday killed 25 members of Iraq’s Kataib Hezbollah and injured more than 50 others.

Bahrain’s Foreign Ministry applauded the attacks and said Washington was playing an “important strategic role … in confronting terrorist groups.”

Kataib Hezbollah is part of Iraq’s Hashd al-Shaabi or the Popular Mobilization Units (PMU).

Sheikh Isa Qassim said the US strikes “would be understood as aggression against all of Iraq.”

Ayatollah Noori Hamadani condemns US attack on Hashd al-Shaabi forces in Iraq

https://en.abna24.com/news//ayatollah-noori-hamadani-condemns-us-attack-on-hashd-al-shaabi-forces-in-iraq_998206.html

January 1, 2020 - 4:14 PM News Code : 998206 Source : RasaLink: 

Ayatollah Noori Hamadani condemns US attack on Hashd al-Shaabi forces in Iraq

Condemning the American attack on the Popular Mobilization Forces in Iraq, Ayatollah Noori- Hamadani emphasized that Iraqis don’t allow foreigners to interfere in their country’s affairs.‎

Speaking at the beginning of his lesson in Islamic jurisprudence at Qom’s Grand ‎Mosque of Qom on December 31, Grand Ayatollah Hoseyn Noori Hamadani condemned the ‎attack by the United States on the Popular Mobilization Forces in Iraq and prayed for the ‎martyrs of this attack to be forgiving and be given a lofty status. ‎

The revered source of emulation considered the Iraqi people as a people of culture and ‎independence who will not allow anyone to interfere in their affairs and have always ‎protected and will continue to protect their dignity and independence.‎
‎ ‎
He described the Popular Mobilization Forces as a popular force in Iraq and condemned the ‎criminal act of the United States which has always been an arrogant power which interferes ‎in the affairs other countries. ‎

On Sunday December 29th, American forces conducted drone strikes on a number of Iraq’s ‎Popular Mobilization Forces bases in the western al-Anbar province, killing at least 25 ‎individuals and leaving another 51 injured. ‎

Following the strikes, the Pentagon issued a statement saying that it had targeted three ‎locations of the Popular Mobilization Forces forces in Iraq and two in Syria in response to ‎alleged attacks targeting American forces.‎

US security forces injure 6 Iraqi protesters in Baghdad

https://en.abna24.com/news//us-security-forces-injure-6-Iraqi-protesters-in-baghdad_998239.html

January 1, 2020 - 7:27 PM News Code : 998239 Source : MehrLink: 

US security forces injure 6 Iraqi protesters in Baghdad

The US security forces injured 6 Iraqi protesters who were protesting in front of the US embassy in Baghdad on Wednesday.

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): 

Numerous Iraqi citizens gathered outside the US Embassy in Baghdad's Green Zone on Wednesday for the second consecutive day, protesting against the latest airstrikes by the American military in the country and demanding an end to Washington’s "intervention" in the country.

Protests erupted near the US embassy in Baghdad and a number of protesters were injured during the protests, according to Al Mayadeen.

The US security forces fired tear gas to protesters, as well, and 6 Iraqis were injured in this regard.

The US air raids killed at least 25 PMU fighters from the Kata’ib Hezbollah faction and injured over 50 others in Anbar Province.

Rising the flags of Hash al-Shaabi, the demonstrators, outside the embassy, are chanting ‘Death to America’ and burning US flags. They are also holding up posters calling for the US mission to be shut down and for the parliament to order US forces to leave Iraq.

US airlifts forces to Iraq embassy amid protests

https://en.abna24.com/news//us-airlifts-forces-to-Iraq-embassy-amid-protests_998205.html

January 1, 2020 - 4:08 PM News Code : 998205 Source : Press TVLink: 

US airlifts forces to Iraq embassy amid protests

Footage has emerged showing US military aircraft dropping off as many as 100 marines to the American Embassy compound in Baghdad amid angry protests outside the diplomatic mission against the recent bloody air raids that targeted the positions of Iraq’s popular forces.

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): Footage has emerged showing US military aircraft dropping off as many as 100 marines to the American Embassy compound in Baghdad amid angry protests outside the diplomatic mission against the recent bloody air raids that targeted the positions of Iraq’s popular forces.

The video released by the US Department of Defense on Wednesday showed the troops deplaning onto the diplomatic premises from Marine Corps’ Ospreys. The contingents belong to the US Central Command’s Special Purpose Marine Air-Ground Task Forces Crisis Response, and had been taken on board from neighboring Kuwait.

US Army Apache helicopters were, meanwhile, seen releasing flares overhead.

The reinforcements are part of 750 additional forces, who were assigned for swift deployment to the Middle East after thousands of angry protesters forced their way into the Iraqi capital’s heavy-fortified Green Zone, where the US Embassy is located, on Tuesday.

Also on Tuesday, three US defense officials told Fox News that -- in the wake of the mass protests -- the US Army’s 82nd Airborne Division’s alert brigade of roughly 4,000 paratroopers, known as the Deployment Ready Brigade (DRB), was issued orders to prepare for possible deployment in the days ahead in Kuwait.

video

Posted (edited)

Germany turns blind eye to US illegal interventions in West Asia: FM spox
December 31, 2019 - 4:17 PM News Code : 997907 Source : MehrLink: 
http://abna.cc/8Z98
Germany turns blind eye to US illegal interventions in West Asia: FM spox
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Abbas Mousavi said that the German accusation against Iran and the continuation of such positions cast serious doubt on Berlin's claim to play an effective role in the path of peace and stability.

In a tweet on Tuesday, Mousavi reacted to the statement by the German Foreign Office, “Germany has falsely accused Iran of destabilizing the region by turning a blind eye to US illegal interventions in West Asia.”

“The continuation of such positions casts serious doubt on Berlin's claim to play an effective role in the path of peace and stability,” the spokesman added.

The German Foreign Office claimed that Iran must end its regional policy, regardless of the destructive and aggressive policies of the US and Western countries in the Middle East.

Ignoring the illegal presence of US troops in Iraq and supporting terrorism in the country, the German Foreign Office added that the increasing number of attacks by non-state militias endangers Iraq's security and stability.

“We condemn the attack on Coalition troops in #Iraq, in which one US citizen was killed and several US and Iraqi soldiers were injured. We extend our sympathy and solidarity to our partners in the @coalition,” German Foreign Office wrote in its Twitter account on Monday.

“The increasing number of attacks by non-state militias is threatening the stability of #Iraq. Iran must end its policy of regional destabilization,” it added.

US forces launched deadly airstrikes against Kata'ib Hezbollah bases, which is part of Iraq's Popular Mobilization Units (PMU), on Sunday night, claiming that the attacks have been in response to alleged attacks targeting US and coalition forces.

https://en.abna24.com/news//germany-turns-blind-eye-to-us-illegal-interventions-in-west-Asia-fm-spox_997907.html

Iran summons Swiss envoy over US ‘warmongering statements’

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): The Swiss charge d’affaires was summoned on Wednesday over Washington’s accusations against Tehran and its stance on the latest developments in Iraq, according to the Iranian Foreign Ministry’s website.

During the meeting with the Swiss diplomat, an Iranian foreign minister’s assistant, Mohsen Baharvand, asked him to convey Iran’s strong protest to the US officials over their “warmongering statements” in violation of the United Nations Charter, the ministry said.

“He (the Swiss envoy) was reminded that Iran is not a country seeking war… but stands against any threat or any unreasonable act and defends itself with all its might,” according to the website.

US officials, including President Donald Trump, are trying to accuse Iran of encouraging the protests underway in Iraq against US airstrikes on bases of Popular Mobilization Units PMU), also known as Hashd al-Sha'abi.

https://en.abna24.com/news//Iran-summons-swiss-envoy-over-us-‘warmongering-statements’_998221.html

Edited by Ashvazdanghe
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Guest Sunshine said:

This is getting very disgusting. US warned Iraq PM of the airstrikes, and the militias did not evacuate their people.

it was Iraqi PM betrayal to Hash Al Shabi , he didn't warn or warned very late to Hashd Al Shabi about airstrikes.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe
11 hours ago, Guest Sunshine said:

This is bigger protest than 2003.. when Saddam was toppled. This can give you some image what majority of Iraqis think.  In Iraq PM is not picked by popular vote. 

In France there had been a movement called "yellow vest" which had been supported by many French people and was one of the biggest protest movement against French government since decades. 

But at the end during elections they just get 1% of popular vote. 

• Advanced Member

Suddenly this thread has changed from talking about the demands of the Iraqi people and the rising against the corrupt political establishment for the sake of their livelihood and the livelihood of their kids to... geopolitical tension and regional wars.

All sides want to use our people and our land as cannon fodder for their wars. All sides want to control our country and influence it.

Guest Sunshine
6 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

it was Iraqi PM betrayal to Hash Al Shabi , he didn't warn or warned very late to Hashd Al Shabi about airstrikes.

What time is too late? You could escape the bases in one hour. Sadr and Al-Fatah brought Abdul Mahdi for us.