Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iraq Protests 2019-2020

Rate this topic

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This whole peotests in Iraq, Lebanon and Iran is only escalated due to enemies of Islam finding opportunities to pour gas on the fire. This isn't about Iran or Iraq's sovereignty or gas prices. They,

What's the worst that can happen in the wordly sense? One can die.What's better for Akhira than dying on the ziyarat of Imam al-Husayn (عليه السلام)? Don't give up the chance. Who knows if we might ev

I think best for Iraq would be to split the country in three new countries. One predominantly Sunni Arab, the other predominantly Shia Arab and the last one predominantly kurd.

Posted Images

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
9 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Iran has always stated it wants good relations with Saudi Arabia and wants to make peace with it. Not my words, this is Zarif's words.

And Iran has great commerical and economic ties with Saudi's best friend and ally, the UAE, who is also bombing in Yemen. In fact, UAE is Iran's biggest trading partner after China.

About Saudi Arabia there were conditions to stop bombings in Yemen. As for UAE relations were not so good when they were very implicated in Yemeni conflict. 

What about Israel? 

If I had not been enough clear making peace with Saudi Arabia if they stop most of their crimes would be a good thing for me. 

I don't think the same about Israel however. 

10 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Iran has always stated it wants good relations with Saudi Arabia and wants to make peace with it. Not my words, this is Zarif's words.

And Iran has great commerical and economic ties with Saudi's best friend and ally, the UAE, who is also bombing in Yemen. In fact, UAE is Iran's biggest trading partner after China

Salam being in peace with Saudi Arabia doesn't mean having good relation , Iran generally tries to avoid war between Muslim nations even tried to fix problems between Pakistan & India about Kashmir peacefully allthough doesn't agree with their principles but tried to save Muslim life in three countries by peaceful negotiation that all Iran wants from Saudi Arabia is right of Hajj for Iranians & not ignating a Shia-Sunni war in region tha Iraq will suffer more than Iran in this war & trading of Iran with UAE because of open policy of UAE  that allows Iran bypasses sanction with using name of UAE because UAE in every economical trade with Iran has 51% percent of share of everything but Iran uses UAE name to bypass sanctions but Iran doesn't rush to arms of KSA & UAE to becomes their servant but has a mutual relationship with them but very groups inside Iran are against policy of current government specially 'Zarif's word' but they are tolerating him until his words doesn't treat Iran's sovereignty. 

• Veteran Member
  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

About Saudi Arabia there were conditions to stop bombings in Yemen. As for UAE relations were not so good when they were very implicated in Yemeni conflict. 

What about Israel? 

Political relations are different and have always been bad, you specifically mentioned commercial ties which are good with the UAE.

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, root said:

This whole peotests in Iraq, Lebanon and Iran is only escalated due to enemies of Islam finding opportunities to pour gas on the fire. This isn't about Iran or Iraq's sovereignty or gas prices. They, the enemy never dreamt of a day where soldiers from all Shia majority nations, even Pakistan have put up bases on the doorstep of the Zionist cancer. 

And they, the enemy are smart, they play on peoples weakness and cause rifts among us. Shias caring about their stomachs being full more than unity and enduring the plots of the enemy, well killing and riots and plunder is the result, enjoy it. It won't change until people wake up and resist and endure whilst keeping basirah at an all time high. Imam won't return until Shias learn, bani Israel were tested with jihad, economic sanctions("exile"), hakamiyah, and they failed on all accounts so the promised land was taken away from them. Now you laid back Shias want the promised time  well, pass the trials. Else Allah has patience, he will wait another million years until Shias learn. We managed to kill 11 of them by our stupidity and thinking about our stomachs, he won't send the 12th until Shias learn to see the plots, have a strong foundation to protect his life and execute his will, and last but not least grow smart enough.

So what should people in Iraq who are unemployed and lack access to the most of basic services by their own "oil-rich" government do? What should they do about corruption and nepotism in their political system and in the courts? What should they do about militias and armed groups having more power than the actual government and who have established control in large parts of their own country due to their access to heavy weapons? And what should they do about foreign influence in their own government? 

17 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

Political relations are different and have always been bad, you specifically mentioned commercial ties which are good with the UAE.

I could say to you that at the contrary the last years commercial relations between Iran and UAE had been very bad. 

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

I could say to you that at the contrary the last years commercial relations between Iran and UAE had been very bad. 

UAE is still one of Iran's biggest trade partners and due to US sanctions the fact is Iran's commerical ties with everyone has been reduced with nearly every single country.

2 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

UAE is still one of Iran's biggest trade partners and due to US sanctions the fact is Iran's commerical ties with everyone has been reduced with nearly every single country.

Brother UAE was among the most import trade partner of Iran and many iranians lived here (500 000) now I could say to you that relations were so bad even economically that many iranians came back to Iran. UAE was something like the second most important partner to Iran and now it is not even in the top 5 of economic partner of Iran. 

• Veteran Member
37 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

So what should people in Iraq who are unemployed and lack access to the most of basic services by their own "oil-rich" government do? What should they do about corruption and nepotism in their political system and in the courts? What should they do about militias and armed groups having more power than the actual government and who have established control in large parts of their own country due to their access to heavy weapons? And what should they do about foreign influence in their own government? 

Sounds like Iraqi revolution sorely lacks a national leader to lead the masses.

More than 400 people died and more than 15k Injured in Iraq, I’m speechless. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) save our Iraqi siblings.

3 minutes ago, Diaz said:

More than 400 people died and more than 15k Injured in Iraq, I’m speechless. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) save our Iraqi siblings.

If you understand Arabic, do watch the video I posted a page or more ago on this topic

• Advanced Member
49 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

Brother UAE was among the most import trade partner of Iran and many iranians lived here (500 000) now I could say to you that relations were so bad even economically that many iranians came back to Iran. UAE was something like the second most important partner to Iran and now it is not even in the top 5 of economic partner of Iran. 

You are wrong, even in the sanctions period the UAE remains a top 5 trading partner for Iran according to government statistics themselves:

https://persiadigest.com/en/news/6964/Iran-trade-partners-in-the-sanctions-period

In fact the UAE is sometimes used by Iran as a sanctions-busting root.

Iran's trade has been reduced across the board with everyone.

• Advanced Member
45 minutes ago, The Green Knight said:

Sounds like Iraqi revolution sorely lacks a national leader to lead the masses.

Or reforms can happen gradually. Protesters aren't asking for much really, just basic normal country stuff. 

Other countries needed powerful "leaders" because they wanted to build a cross-border strong influential state. Good for them. That's their choice.

We are, on the otherhand, content with our size and borders, we just want a functioning secure and representative state with a good economy that is independent and is not bundled up in regional conflicts. Iraqis don't really big demands that can't be met and fulfilled by people power alone. Very simple demands. Nothing special.

Edited by Sumerian
12 minutes ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

If you understand Arabic, do watch the video I posted a page or more ago on this topic

It’s long, what is the video about?

19 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

You are wrong, even in the sanctions period the UAE remains a top 5 trading partner for Iran according to government statistics themselves:

https://persiadigest.com/en/news/6964/Iran-trade-partners-in-the-sanctions-period

In fact the UAE is sometimes used by Iran as a sanctions-busting root.

Iran's trade has been reduced across the board with everyone.

I don’t have such statistics. 

https://oec.world/en/profile/country/irn/

And what I said about iranians leaving UAE is not a fake news.

By the way from what I understood the commercial relations make with UAE companies are often with private entities (often owned by iranians) than with the state itself.

Edited by Mohammadi_follower
  • Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

I don’t have such statistics. 

https://oec.world/en/profile/country/irn/

And what I said about iranians leaving UAE is not a fake news.

The statistics I showed you was from official Iranian customs reports. It is government reporting. Official data.

Iranians were leaving UAE, but like I said trade is down EVERYWHERE, not just UAE. Every single country.

1 minute ago, Sumerian said:

The statistics I showed you was from official Iranian customs reports. It is government reporting. Official data.

Iranians were leaving UAE, but like I said trade is down EVERYWHERE, not just UAE. Every single country.

Your website is not a government entity and like I said above the exchange of Iran in UAE are mainly for private companies often own by iranians than with UAE state. By the way there are countries where commercial relations are better now than before contrary to UAE.

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, root said:

Shias caring about their stomachs being full more than unity and enduring the plots of the enemy, well killing and riots and plunder is the result, enjoy it.

When the foundations of a system are corrupt, no good will come out of it. Not sure what unity you're referring to, but Shias, then Muslims, then Humans should all unite over clear and clean foundations and goals. Not simply 'unite' because we're Shia even though we're supporting corruption and injustice. 

We need to rid ourselves of the corruption within. That's our first and foremost enemy. 

The killings and plundered wealth has been the result of the rotten foundation setup and supported by foreign powers. That's what the Iraqis want to change.

7 hours ago, root said:

It won't change until people wake up and resist and endure whilst keeping basirah at an all time high. Imam won't return until Shias learn,

The Iraqis have woken up and started resisting the corruption. And this is exactly what the Imam needs. People who realise that just because someone says they're following Ahlul Bayt, doesn't necessarily mean they actually are. Iraqis had been duped by politicians for 16 years, using faith to steal and plunder their country's wealth. 

They also now realise that the powers fighting over influence and control are only serving their own interests.

7 hours ago, root said:

, he won't send the 12th until Shias learn to see the plots, have a strong foundation to protect his life and execute his will, and last but not least grow smart enough.

Your narrative is certainly sound and correct in principle. However, your application of the narrative on the ground is flawed.

There are plots to divide us, but we can't face the outside enemy when we have corruption within. The Imam AJF doesn't support the corrupt nor their backers. He AJF cannot rely on anyone who supports such corruption to 'protect his life and execute his will'.

1 hour ago, Diaz said:

It’s long, what is the video about?

Iraq demonstrations and more.

Very useuful political sermon by Iraq Grand Ayatollah Sayyed Yasseen Al Musawi

14 minutes ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

Iraq demonstrations and more.

Very useuful political sermon by Iraq Grand Ayatollah Sayyed Yasseen Al Musawi

Thanks, I will watch it asap 

2 hours ago, Diaz said:

Thanks, I will watch it asap 

Thank you. They are 2 different Friday political sermon by His Excellency. I think the second one posted is perhaps more useful right now.

Also you might want to consider the date of upload.

• Veteran Member

Sunday afternoon, 01Dec19

An lraqi policeman is senenced to death for killing protesters.

An lraqi special forces officer is sentenced to death for killing protesters, another officer sentenced to 7 years.

Demonstrators want the President's resignation.

And to make things worse, now the UNSC will begin on Tuesday, 03Dec) with a "report" on lraq. https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/44888/UNSC-to-Convene-on-Recent-Developments-in-Iraq 

And Trump is heading to Europe for a OTAN meeting.

The Guardian and other news outlets [OPINE: to promote more mayhem -ed.]  are reporting on something that has not happened yet: armed clashes between the tribes and the PMF (lran).

Edited by hasanhh
On 10/3/2019 at 8:57 PM, iCenozoic said:

Well, why is government needed to drill wells? That's kind of the angle I'm coming from. 

They would need the technology to drill, which I'm sure is present in the country, given the oil and gas operations. 

Beyond that, you need to establish the location of water. What is the condition of the various aquifers out there? Then it's just a matter of drilling a hole and dropping some buckets down. And I imagine boiling water as well etc.

My old colleague and some others would go to Africa each year, and they would drill wells for local tribes. But I never understood the obstacles preventing the locals from drilling their own wells. Whether they were environmental obstacles, political or financial obstacles etc. What is stopping people from getting their own water?

Laziness 

• Veteran Member

Why the tribes are likely to be used to breakup lraq and the UNSC is going to meet on lraq and the Kurds being "paid off".

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/The-Superpowers-Battling-Over-Iraqs-Giant-Oil-Field.html

This next one is a skim-over:  https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Iraq-Is-Finally-Ready-To-Solve-Its-Biggest-Oil-Problem.html 

Iraqi parliament approves Prime Minister's resignation

https://en.abna24.com/news//Iraqi-parliament-approves-prime-ministers-resignation_990559.html

December 1, 2019 - 3:52 PM News Code : 990559 Source : MehrLink: 

Iraqi parliament approves Prime Minister's resignation

Iraqi Parliament approves the resignation of Abdul Mahdi's government on Sunday.

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): Iraqi Parliament approves the resignation of Abdul Mahdi's government on Sunday.

Iraqi legislators have approved Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi's resignation during a parliament session held in capital Baghdad, according to Aljazeera.

Referring to Article 76 of the country's constitution, Speaker Mohammed al-Halbusi on Sunday said President Barham Saleh will now ask the largest political bloc in parliament to nominate the next prime minister.

Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi announced Friday that he would submit his resignation to parliament in a bid to curb two months of protests.

Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi decided to announce his resignation after top Shia Cleric in Iraq Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani called on the parliament on Friday to approve the new election law and pave the way for holding new elections.

The statement by the Iraqi PM's office said that Abdul Mahdi’s resignation was aimed at preserving the blood of Iraqis after hundreds are reported to have been killed in deadly foreign-orchestrated riots and protests. The death toll was rising among both the demonstrators and the security forces recently.

On 12/1/2019 at 9:18 AM, root said:

This whole peotests in Iraq, Lebanon and Iran is only escalated due to enemies of Islam finding opportunities to pour gas on the fire. This isn't about Iran or Iraq's sovereignty or gas prices. They, the enemy never dreamt of a day where soldiers from all Shia majority nations, even Pakistan have put up bases on the doorstep of the Zionist cancer. 

And they, the enemy are smart, they play on peoples weakness and cause rifts among us. Shias caring about their stomachs being full more than unity and enduring the plots of the enemy, well killing and riots and plunder is the result, enjoy it. It won't change until people wake up and resist and endure whilst keeping basirah at an all time high. Imam won't return until Shias learn, bani Israel were tested with jihad, economic sanctions("exile"), hakamiyah, and they failed on all accounts so the promised land was taken away from them. Now you laid back Shias want the promised time  well, pass the trials. Else Allah has patience, he will wait another million years until Shias learn. We managed to kill 11 of them by our stupidity and thinking about our stomachs, he won't send the 12th until Shias learn to see the plots, have a strong foundation to protect his life and execute his will, and last but not least grow smart enough.

The Imam of the time will only have 313 true followers , followed by 10,000... the rest of the millions of millions who go for arbaeen walk may even become kafir. And those we consider kafir now will become Muslim.

Countries that will fight the Imam will be the so called Islamic countries like Iran, Iraq, Saudi.. etc.

Here are the Hadiths which say that these countries will specially fight the Imam:

***Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) said: “There are thirteen cities and clans whose people will WAGE WAR against HADRAT AL-QAIM (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) and the Imam, in turn, will confront them.

They are the people of Mecca, Medina,( ARABIA) Sham (Syria), Basrah( Iraq), and Rey(Iran) ; the Bani ‘Umayyah, Damansiyan, Kurds, and Arabs such as the Bani Ḍabbah,54 Ghani,55 Bahilah,56 and Azd.”57***

Concerning the opposition of a group to the words of al-Mahdi (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف), Imam al-Baqir (‘a) said: “When Hadrat al-Mahdi (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) would elaborate on some of the laws and talk about some parts of the Sunnah, in opposing the Imam, a group will go out of the mosque as a gesture of protest. The Imam will order his followers to pursue them. 

The army of the Imam will catch them up in the Tamarin district; they will capture them and bring them to him. The Imam (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) will give the order for all of them to be beheaded. This will be the last revolt and movement to emerge against the Imam.”58

Regarding the revolt in Ramaylah and its suppression, Ibn Abi Ya‘fur said: “I came to Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) while a group of his followers was in his company. The Imam said to me: ‘Have you read the Qur’an?’ I replied: ‘Yes, but only a normal reading.’ He said: ‘My point was that very (normal) reading.’ I said: ‘What is meant by this question?’ He said: ‘Hadrat Musa (‘a) said something to his community (qawm) but they could not endure it, and they rose up against him in Egypt. Musa also fought against them and killed them. 

“Hadrat ‘Isa (‘a) also said something to his community but they could not tolerate it also, and they also rose up against him in the city of Takrit. ‘Isa (‘a) also confronted them and eliminated them. This is the meaning of the words of God when He says: 

﴿ فَآَمَنَت طَّائِفَةٌ مِّن بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ وَكَفَرَت طَّائِفَةٌ فَأَيَّدْنَا الَّذِينَ آَمَنُوا عَلَى عَدُوِّهِمْ فَأَصْبَحُوا ظَاهِرِينَ ﴾

“So a group of the Children of Israel believed, and a group disbelieved. Then We strengthened the faithful against their enemies, and they became the dominant ones.”59

“At the time of his advent, Hadrat al-Qa’im (‘a) will also deliver a speech to you, which you will not be able to accept. Therefore, you will rise up against him in the city of Ramaylah and wage war against him. The Imam will also confront you and will kill you, and this revolt will be the last uprising against him.”60

• Veteran Member

0830EST=1630Baghdad Monday, 02Dec19

Ahamduallah, no deaths being reported.

These two articles are as a followup to 8 hours ago:

https://www.baghdadpost.com/en/Story/44893/Oil-rises-as-Iraq-signals-deeper-cuts    1.2% Brent, 1.5% WTI

https://www.baghdadpost.com/en/Story/44895/Protesters-Block-Dhi-Qar-oil-company-prevent-employees-to-enter 

ALERT: links auto redirects to a music site; Search Baghdad Post and then articles.

:ranting:"____ evilgelicals and gov't again' _______"

Edited by hasanhh
ALERT: link auto directs to Wn.com
  • Advanced Member
13 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

20191202_073920.jpg

I have searched Iraqi as well as Arabic/Iranian media for the source and could not find anything except the tweet above. 

Had there been evidence that the perpetrator was caught and confessed as described, it would be all over Iraqi media for sure. 

The Fitnah is pretty bad. There are certainly infiltrators trying to damage public and private property as well as attack law enforcement etc but they are an absolute minority and are rejected by everyone. 

It's difficult to pin point who could be behind them; on the one hand it could be forces trying to use the protests to cause chaos, on the other hand it could be from the Iraqi government's side and armed groups trying to demonise and discredit the portests as well as justify their deadly use of force. 

• Advanced Member

@hasanhh

It did happen twice indeed. What I'm referring to is the suggestion in the tweet that the perpetrator was caught and confessed to being paid 30k USD by UAE to do it. 

There's no evidence as of yet for such a suggestion. 

Edited by Moalfas
Typo
Guest ????!!!!
On 10/6/2019 at 5:23 AM, starlight said:

What's the worst that can happen in the wordly sense? One can die.What's better for Akhira than dying on the ziyarat of Imam al-Husayn (عليه السلام)? Don't give up the chance. Who knows if we might even be alive the next year. If one has to lose a limb he can do that crossing the street in front of his home.

Very silly advice. Lots of people go for Hajj and die in Hajj and end up in hell. We have hadiths that say most hajjis are like animals circulating the Ka’ba ... 

Our religion has given great importance to preserving ones life... unless in time that your country is attacked, or for jihad when the Prophet are Imam of the time is present, or saving someone’s life, and some other insistences 

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Guest ????!!!! said:

We have hadiths that say most hajjis are like animals circulating the Ka’ba ... 

You answered it yourself. The variable here isn't safe or dangerous conditions it's the purity of intentions.  

13 minutes ago, Guest ????!!!! said:

Lots of people go for Hajj and die

So people should stop going for Hajj? 

Do not avoid visiting the grave of Imam Husayn ((عليه السلام).) even during the days of prohibition. And one who visits him (his grave) in fear (of the enemies), Allah will give him refuge from the great fear of Qiyamah and he will gain reward proportionate to the fear. And the one who fears due to their fear, Allah will bestow him a refuge under the shade of His empyrean while he shall remain along with Imam Husayn ((عليه السلام).) and shall be protected from the fear of the day of Qiyamah”.

Imam Jafar Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) urged Muawiya b. Wahab,
‘O Muawiya! Never abandon Imam Hussain’s ((عليه السلام).) visitation out of fear. Don’t you want to be amongst those with whom the Holy Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).a.) will shake hands?’ (Kaamil al-Ziaaraat, pg. 118)