Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Just now, Abu Nur said:

Better to not take any sides and keep friendly with all the neighbors. Iraq have worst of the neighbors, and if they don't make any peace then Iraq will all be in constant war. 

I didn't say Iraq must be at war with Israel or Saudi Arabia. But having "good relations" with them is different. 

6 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

I didn't say Iraq must be at war with Israel or Saudi Arabia. But having "good relations" with them is different. 

Peace is better than conflict. There is nothing wrong with peacefulness. 

Edited by Abu Nur

Just now, Mohammadi_follower said:

So we must make peace with Israel and Saudi Arabia and not caring about what they are doing against Palestinians and Yemenis? 

So we must make war for Israel for caring about palestinians and yemenis so Iraq could suffer more? 

When this nonsense is going to stop really. With that mentality you will always be hated and constant in war. 

33 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

.              has the

Iraq have^^ worst of the neighbors, and if they don't make any peace then Iraq will all be in constant war. 

:egg:"The Teacher made me do it."

Now the sentence is 'gooder'.

More seriously, l was engine searching this morning and saw where Iraq-lRI trade is valued at $6Billion. The Washington policy of applying economic pressure on lRl is a factor here l believe, and explains the West's machinations.

23 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

So we must make war for Israel for caring about palestinians and yemenis so Iraq could suffer more? 

When this nonsense is going to stop really. With that mentality you will always be hated and constant in war. 

17 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

The country can condemn the actions the other country makes but it does not mean Iraq need to be in bad relationship with them. 

I think maybe in a wrong way. But I find this highly hypocrit to have "good relations" with a country while in the same way "you condemn" what he is doing. 

14 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

I think maybe in a wrong way. But I find this highly hypocrit to have "good relations" with a country while in the same way "you condemn" what he is doing. 

No, it is not hypocrite. Many countries want to have peace so they will not have war with each other and at same time they may condemn other. It is possible that by condemning the country it may change its way and still keep in good relationship with the other country.

I don't even understand what you are trying to get. For example Iran make deals with countries that have done evilness to the Muslims people. One example is China. Should Iran have bad relationships with them, of course not, but condemn yes. 

9 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

No, it is not hypocrite. Many countries want to have peace so they will not have war with each other and at same time they may condemn other. It is possible that by condemning the country it may change its way and still keep in good relationship with the other country.

I don't even understand what you are trying to get. For example Iran make deals with countries that have done evilness to the Muslims people. One example is China. Should Iran have bad relationships with them, of course not, but condemn yes. 

I didn't say I was agree with Iran relations with China (even if I doubt some elements we say about Chinese treatment of uyghurs). 

So if understand well you want to establish relations with Isreal and you want to make commercial relations with Saudi Arabia? 

1 minute ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

I didn't say I was agree with Iran relations with China (even if I doubt some elements we say about Chinese treatment of uyghurs). 

So if understand well you want to establish relations with Isreal and you want to make commercial relations with Saudi Arabia? 

I don't know about economy, but having peace and security is fine, as long they don't cause problems to Iraq and its people,while they want to develop and get rid of corruption. 

Guest Just passing by
On 10/2/2019 at 5:04 PM, 3wliya_maryam said:

I do not believe that anything will ever change in Iraq or anywhere else within the Arab world, no matter how much they will protest and fight for their country.  till the Imam of our time (عليه السلام) arises thats when we'll see a major change.

I totally agree. One corrupt goes another comes. The Arab spring wasn’t a success in Tunisia either... when a whole culture is based on corruption... you can’t expect much.When the Imam of the time comes his biggest opponents would be Muslims , both Sunni and so called Shias ...There is a Hadith that says countries that will fight the Imam will be , Saudi, Iran, Iraq and Egypt... those who claim to be most Islamic...

6 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

In what making peace with Israel and Saudi Arabia will help Iraqis? 

In what making war with Israel and Saudi Arabia will help Iraqis? In past we see this and it have bring nothing  but bombings, wars and sanctions. I know what are you trying go after, but unfortunately politics is not always black and white. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) save us from this long continue of wars and death and give us peace that most of countries enjoy. 

Edited by Abu Nur

Ayatollah Sistani warns of plot to bring back 'dictatorship'

https://en.abna24.com/news//ayatollah-Sistani-warns-of-plot-to-bring-back-dictatorship_990004.html

November 29, 2019 - 3:13 PM News Code : 990004 Source : Press TVLink: 

Ayatollah Sistani warns of plot to bring back 'dictatorship'

Iraq's top cleric has warned that enemies of Iraq and affiliated groups in the country are plotting to create internal strife and bring the country back to the "era of dictatorship", an apparent reference to the former rule of Saddam Hussein.

Protesters "must not allow peaceful demonstrations to be turned into attacks on property or people ... and peaceful demonstrators should coordinate to eject vandals," a representative of Ayatollah Sistani said as he delivered the top cleric's sermon.

"The enemies and their levers, in order to achieve their malicious ends, plan to spread chaos and plunge the country into internal strife and then return it to dictatorship, so everyone must work together to take away this opportunity from them," he added.

"The parliament, from which this current government is drawn, is asked to reconsider its choice in this regard and act according to Iraq's interest... (to) preserve the blood of its children," the top cleric said.

Earlier this month, Iraqi Defense Minister Najah al-Shammari told France 24’s Arabic-language channel that a “third party” was behind shootings targeting demonstrators.

Iraqi prime minister says he will resign

https://en.abna24.com/news//Iraqi-prime-minister-says-he-will-resign_990012.html

November 29, 2019 - 4:45 PM News Code : 990012 Source : GuardianLink: 

Iraqi prime minister says he will resign

The Iraqi prime minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi has said he will offer his resignation to parliament to allow lawmakers to choose a new government.

Iraqi FM apologizes for attack on Iran's consulate in Najaf

https://en.abna24.com/news//Iraqi-fm-apologizes-for-attack-on-irans-consulate-in-najaf_990010.html

November 29, 2019 - 3:52 PM News Code : 990010 Source : Iran PressLink: 

Iraqi FM apologizes for attack on Iran's consulate in Najaf

Iraqi Foreign Minister Mohammed al-Hakim In a telephone conversation with his Iranian counterpart Mohammed Javad Zarif pledged that the Iraqi government will do its best to provide the security of Iranian consulates and diplomatic places.

On Wednesday night, a group of masked assailants, who were not locals from Najaf, stormed the Iranian consulate in Najaf and burned parts of it with the Saudi Arabian news network Al-Arabiya broadcasting live the incident. This happened while Al-Arabia is banned from operating in Iraq.

The Iraqi Government through a statement declared that the attack on Iranian consulate was aimed at impairing Iraqi-Iranian relations.

Following the aggressive attack on the Iranian Consulate in Najaf, the Iraqi Ministry of Foreign Affairs described that the aim of this move was to damage Iraqi-Iranian relations, and urged the protesters to watch out for those who want to discredit the real Iraqi's people protests.

Iranian Foreign Ministery Spokesperson Seyyed Abbas Mousavi, while condemning this aggressive action and reminding the responsibility and duties of the Iraqi government to support diplomatic places and diplomats, stated that Iran's severe protest in this regard has been formally notified to the Iraqi ambassador in Tehran.

Rioters torch Iran's consulate in Najaf (+Photos)

Iran urges Iraq’s decisive action against those behind consulate attack

They also took down the compound's Iranian flag and replaced it with an Iraqi one.

Iraq's foreign minister on Thursday called his Iranian counterpart Mohammed Javad Zarif to apologize to Iran over the incident.

Mohammed Ali al-Hakim told Zarif that Baghdad was committed to protecting Iranian diplomatic missions and their staff in the Arab country.

raqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi has also ordered the formation of a fact-finding committee to probe the attack on the Iranian consulate, al-Forat News reported.

He had earlier appointed Major General Ali al-Hashemi as the new security chief of Najaf province following the mob attack.

Iran’s Ambassador to Baghdad Iraj Masjedi on Thursday blamed the arson attack on certain Iraqi and non-Iraqi elements, and described it as a move to undermine good relations between the two countries.

The torching of the Iranian consulate in the holy city of Najaf was definitely aimed at severing brotherly relations between the two Muslim and neighboring countries, he said, adding that the friendly relations have outraged certain regional states.

Masjedi noted that such moves by a small group of assailants in Iraq do not reflect the Iraqi nation’s view of Iran, as the majority of Iraqis have repeatedly shown their opposition to such acts and their love for the Iranian nation.

https://en.abna24.com/news//Iraq-condemns-attack-on-irans-consulate-in-najaf_989916.html

https://en.abna24.com/news//muqtada-al-sadr-condemns-attack-on-Iran-consulate_990000.html

https://en.abna24.com/news//Iran-urges-Iraq’s-decisive-action-against-those-behind-consulate-attack_989932.html

November 28, 2019 - 8:48 AM News Code : 989795 Source : IRNA, ABNALink: 

Rioters torch Iran's consulate in Najaf (+Photos)

Rioters set fire to Iranian consulate in Najaf late on Wednesday, Iraqi media reported.

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): Rioters set fire to Iranian consulate in Najaf late on Wednesday, Iraqi media reported.

Najaf police has declared a curfew until further notice.

A total of 100 demonstrators were injured during the clashes between security forces and demonstrators near the Iranian consulate in Najaf.

Sumeria News channel reported protesters have set roadblocks on Karbala-Najaf highway by accumulating used tires of cars or trucks.

The diplomatic staff had evacuated the consulate beforehand.

Photos: Iraqi security forces wounded in attack on Iranian consulate in Najaf

https://en.abna24.com/news//photos-Iraqi-security-forces-wounded-in-attack-on-iranian-consulate-in-najaf_989850.html

November 28, 2019 - 10:01 AM News Code : 989850 Source : ABNA24Link: 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): 47 Iraqi security forces protecting the Iranian consulate in Najaf were injured by the rioters.

گزارش تصویری/ زخمی شدن نیروهای امنیتی عراق در حمله به سرکنسولگری ایران در نجف

Muqtada al-Sadr condemns attack on Iran consulate

“We condemn attacks on diplomatic missions, because such acts are not characteristic of the Sadr Movement,” Muqtada al-Sadr was quoted as saying by Iraq’s Al-Ahad TV.

IRGC gives strong warning to enemies: Commander

https://en.abna24.com/news//irgc-gives-strong-warning-to-enemies-commander_989923.html

November 28, 2019 - 12:25 PM News Code : 989923 Source : MehrLink: 

IRGC gives strong warning to enemies: Commander

Chief Commander of Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Major General Hossein Salami issued a strong warning to enemies of the Islamic Revolution.

“Enemies should be careful because the Iranian nation is great, strong and resistant; we tell America, England, Israel, and their allies that you would receive a response if you continue your hostile actions … the Iranian nation defeats enemies in any scale,” he said on Thursday in Hamedan in a gathering of Basij volunteer forces of Hamedan province.

Iran has managed to isolate enemies that had planned to isolate Iran, he said, adding that enemies are now ‘confused’ and are losing their political influence.

Elsewhere, IRGC’s commander said that Iran is effectively decreasing reliance on oil revenues. “Ambassador of a European country has gathered envoys of other countries and told them that Iranians are cutting dependence on oil and this will happen soon. The envoy told others: let Iran export its oil so as to keep this dependency,” Salami said, highlighting that this dream of enemies will not be realized.

Iraq condemns attack on Iran's consulate in Najaf

As Iraqi state news agency said early on Thursday, citing the foreign ministry, Wednesday’s attack was ‘aimed at damaging the historical relations between Iraq and Iran and with rest of the countries.'

“Diplomatic missions operating in Iraq are highly respected and appreciated,” it added, stressing that the incident did not reflect Iraq’s perspective.

Condemning the act of rioters who stormed and set the Iranian consulate ablaze in the southern city of Najaf on Wednesday, the Spokesperson of the Iranian Foreign Ministry required the Iraqi government to give a firm response to these acts of violence.

Abbas Mousavi reminded the Iraqi government is in charge of providing the security of diplomatic sites in that country, adding that Iran will announce its protest against the event to Iraq via Iraqi envoy in Iran.

Staff at the Iranian consulate evacuated safely before the attack in the holy city.

Local authorities imposed a curfew following the incident, state media reported.

Staff at the Iranian consulate evacuated safely before the attack in the holy city. Local authorities imposed a curfew following the incident, state media reported.

According to local media, 47 Iraqi security staff have been injured during the attack. The Saudi-led media Al-Arabiya, activities of which is illegal in Iraq, has broadcasted the attack in a live report from its beginning which raises the probability of a pre-planned attack.

https://en.abna24.com/news//Iraq-condemns-attack-on-irans-consulate-in-najaf_989916.html

6 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

In what making war with Israel and Saudi Arabia will help Iraqis? In past we see this and it have bring nothing  but bombings, wars and sanctions. I know what are you trying go after, but unfortunately politics is not always black and white. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) save us from this long continue of wars and death and give us peace that most of countries enjoy. 

Like I said I prefer to stop here. This mentality to making peace with such countries just for have a good life is for me hypocrit and unacceptable. We will obviously never been agree so it is a lose of time to continue. Salam. 

Edited by Mohammadi_follower

19 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

Like I said I prefer to stop here. This mentality to making peace with such countries just for have a good life is for me hypocrit and unacceptable. We will obviously never been agree so it is a lose of time to continue. Salam. 

Wa aleikum salaam. 

The sad reality for Iraq is that no good will come out of a system that was setup by the US post invasion. 16 years of spilt blood and stolen wealth is clear evidence of that. 

The whole system must collapse and be rebuilt all over again with clean and strong foundations. It's the collateral damage of further innocent blood being spilt throughout this horrible process that's truly heartbreaking.

Saturday, 30Nov19 0600EST = 1400AST(Baghdad)

71 Killed in Najaf and Nasariya in 3 days (Wed-Fri)

Muthanna declases two days of "morning"

But here, in my opinion, is the sickest: https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/44857/Protesters-burn-tires-in-southern-Iraq-in-renewed-anti-government-rage  ; where at the end of the article, the Int'l Committee of the Red Cross issues a statement which "urged a halt to risiong casualties" and said "Firearms and live ammunition must only be used as a last resort."  This is, lMO, a permission statement to use lethal force against a protest whenever it is convienient for lraqi security to do so (kill); as "last resort" is not narrowly definable.

The other news on Baghdad Post is up above.

4 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Page not found !

Sorry but we couldn't find the page you are looking for. Please check to make sure you've typed the URL correctly. You may also want to search for what you are looking for.

Searching around on a Saturday afternoon:

France now able to deploy in Qatar

--Monday, 25Nov19  https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20191125-qatar-pact-allows-france-military-to-move-into-country 

Trump may signalling "withdrawl" but keeps a "strategic partner" [something it will not want to lose -ed.]

--Thursday, 28Nov19  https://www.rudaw.net/english/middleeast/Iraq/28112019 

--Wednesday, 27Nov19 Turkish-lraqi "cooperation" https://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2019-11/27/c_138587819.htm 

the UN's "deeply concerned"

--Thursday, 28Nov19 https://www.un.org/press/en/2019/sgsm19884.doc.htm 

As the EU and UK urge 'peaceful political solutions'

--Friday, 29Nov19  https://www.gov.uk/government/news/foreign-secretary-statement-on-escalation-of-violence-in-Iraq 

--Friday, 29Nov19  https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-Homepage/71233/statement-spokesperson-situation-iraq_en 

While the fighting continues in Mosul.

On 11/30/2019 at 7:02 AM, Mohammadi_follower said:

Finally I think it is better to stop here. If we continue I will finish by vomit. 

Iran has always stated it wants good relations with Saudi Arabia and wants to make peace with it. Not my words, this is Zarif's words.

And Iran has great commerical and economic ties with Saudi's best friend and ally, the UAE, who is also bombing in Yemen. In fact, UAE is Iran's biggest trading partner after China.

1 hour ago, Sumerian said:

In fact, UAE is Iran's biggest trading partner after China.

Close. 2017 rankings are:  PRC:19.5%; UAE: 16.6% and EU: 16.3%

Now how this has changed since l didn't quickly find.