Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What are some of your favorite quotes

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I used to always think of this quote when I was a kid, and I can’t believe I still remember it:

The weak have one weapon The errors of those who think they are strong

In 6th grade I used to suffer from loneliness, people in my class never really liked me then one day the teacher wrote this on the board and it helped me a little. To me this quote meant people who thought themselves as weak were actually stronger than they think. They look at other arrogant or cruel people and realise that their faults or errors within them is what makes them feel stronger, as in it doesn't make you feel less of a person, if that makes sense. People who bully you for instance, you think you're the weak one but then when you think of their actions you realise that you're  different from them and its their actions towards you that make you feel stronger even though they think you're the weak one.  So whenever I looked at classmates who despised or made fun of me, I would think of that quote

• Forum Administrators

I would urge you to see the truth of the situation you're in, Counselor. That is my advice. It is not for me to tell you what you should have done or not done. The world in which you seek to undo the mistakes that you made is different from the world where the mistakes were made. You are now at the crossing. And you want to choose, but there is no choosing there. There's only accepting. The choosing was done a long time ago... Are you there Counselor?

It's from a movie with a number of problematic scenes (so not recommended), but this is just amazing.

• Advanced Member

Salam,

each and every quote of Imam Ali(عليه السلام) affected me and changed my life so much in a extremely positive way,and also the way I see things and how to handle situations,

I can’t give one quote of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) because all them are just life changing in different ways.

• Advanced Member
22 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

It's from a movie with a number of problematic scenes (so not recommended), but this is just amazing.

it reminds of some quote similar to it. It is important to realise the point @ the crossing. I don't know if it happens to everyone that @ the point when the road is two way the decision would have been long made. the whole point of undertaking the journey was an acceptance in itself, no deciding.

insha'Allah I'll share it. 

Looking back in time, 'the moment' in the journey and 'the moment' in accepting the 'path' @ the 'crossing' & comparing with now...  

alhamdulillah, awed. 

'There's no swearing of allegiance with the devil, there was never a need to have one'