Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
2Timeless

Mini rant - Why can men not control themselves?

Rate this topic

Amen sista. I would say these males are not deserving of the label "men". Men are the stronger protectors of women, not the ones who degrade and criticize women without first ensuring their own perfection.

DEAR MALE AND (SOME FEMALE) USERS.

I suggest we hold on... For this will be a very long and tough rollercoaster.

@Propaganda_of_the_Deed, I suggest you get your weapons ready!(We need your memes, bruv) For this shall be as the Battle of Isengard! Where Orcs and mankind shall fight to the end!

I suggest you be careful where you tread, for @2Timeless is scary when she gets mad. We shall see who prospers in this unkind battle of genders.

For ASLAAANNN

Edited by Ruqaya101

18 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

Why can men not control themselves

Because they are weak idiots.Their nafs and carnal desires rule over them and ... and ... a whole lot of other things I cannot say on shiachat.

20 minutes ago, starlight said:

Because they are weak idiots.Their nafs and carnal desires rule over them and ... and ... a whole lot of other things I cannot say on shiachat.

ooh, its getting JUICYYYYY. I shall commentate.

The female breeds seem to be taking the lead!

WHERE ARE YOU, MALES? SHALL YOU NOT DEFEND YOUR TITLE?

35 minutes ago, حسين said:

I am unsure who is weaker; the majority of man who can't filter his mind and speech or a female who has been rattled by a foolish man.

It's simple. The one whose actions show that he is giving in to his nafs.

:dwarf:

Well I'm a guy, so I guess I should start by saying sorry? Idrk... 

I just want to say that I do respect girls the sanctity and ... I never look at them and they don't wear hijab here so I be extra careful. In fact I trained myself not to look at them by pinching my ear lobe any time my gaze drifted in the wrong direction, it looked weird but it worked, still doing it today btw... (I have no idea what that is doing to my ears in the long run but meh) 

I never say inappropriate things about them behind their backs to other guys... A lot of guys, at least in my college, say some really ill and disgusting things about girls that they go to class with... 

When God brings me to the girl that is destined for me I will genuinely treat her with the utmost respect and love that she deserves..

But until then...

It's really hard to not to be with someone who you can love.... Innate drives are always there, believe me I've spent ages searching the internet on how to get rid of certain "urges" to no end unfortunately... They married young earlier in history so these urges weren't really a problem back then...

God knows how many years I've got left in the queue... :coffee:

Why did God create such urges at an age when they can't even be satisfied. It's beyond me...

Sometimes I just think that would I rather have no urges but I'll never meet the girl of my dreams OR suffer for about 7 years or so more, struggling with my urges but I will meet that girl of my dreams... Beats me... 

Probably the latter but it's just so hard... I swear controlling the urges is the hardest thing I've had to do till date, if there's anything harder I'll let you know. But after 17 years I've had a range of experiences and death of a direct family member is the only thing that I can think of which will be harder... 

2 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

Why can men not control themselves and please get their minds off of women and focus on things that will help them grow physically, mentally and emotionally? I'm honestly so sick and tired of men co continuously obsessing over everything women do or say. Its sickening to see that our brothers find it hard to function on a daily basis without thinking about women and how they can either use or abuse them. 

Obviously, I'm not talking about all men. Alot of people are gentlemen who really have gheera for all women. But there is a portion of Muslim men who will always find away to make women the centre of their conversation and behaviour. And I've seen this coming from young and old men, all of various backgrounds. Its extremely annoying and never ends. As for those men who make it their lifes purpose to criticise and insult women (with absolutely no backing) then all I can say is, that they are not even a fraction of what a real man is supposed to be. 

Why are you so affected though. Just do your own thing, focus on your own life, let men be men and you as a female be a female. But yeah, if you ever have to deal with men then avoid the bad ones. 

Edited by AStruggler

4 minutes ago, Ali~J said:

I just want to say that I do respect girls the sanctity and ... I never look at them and they don't wear hijab here so I be extra careful. In fact I trained myself not to look at them by pinching my ear lobe any time my gaze drifted in the wrong direction, it looked weird but it worked, still doing it today btw... (I have no idea what that is doing to my ears in the long run but meh) 

I never say inappropriate things about them behind their backs to other guys... A lot of guys, at least in my college, say some really ill and disgusting things about girls that they go to class with... 

When God brings me to the girl that is destined for me I will genuinely treat her with the utmost respect and love that she deserves..

But until then...

It's really hard to not to be with someone who you can love.... Innate drives are always there, believe me I've spent ages searching the internet on how to get rid of certain "urges" to no end unfortunately... They married young earlier in history so these urges weren't really a problem back then...

Why did God create such urges at an age when they can't even be satisfied. It's beyond me...

Sometimes I just think that would I rather have no urges but I'll never meet the girl of my dreams OR suffer for about 7 years or so more, struggling with my urges but I will meet that girl of my dreams... Beats me... 

Probably the latter but it's just so hard... I swear controlling the urges is the hardest thing I've had to do till date, if there's anything harder I'll let you know. But after 17 years I've had a range of experiences and death of a direct family member is the only thing that I can think of which will be harder... 

I respect your post brõ as a fellow male. iA you find the one. But yeah, what this brother is saying is true. Even in my opinion, for an unmarried man, probably the biggest spiritual obstacle is the attraction to women, and this doesn't even have to be about physical attraction to them, the difficult challenge could just be simply refraining from the unneeded social company of women. 

11 minutes ago, AStruggler said:

Why are you so affected though.

Hmm let me think...because I've been directly affected by the lack of gheera of certain men? And I've seen it affect people I know too. After all, men are half the population and alot of them arent such great quality. 

Edited by 2Timeless

22 minutes ago, AStruggler said:

Why are you so affected though. Just do your own thing, focus on your own life, let men be men and you as a female be a female. But yeah, if you ever have to deal with men then avoid the bad ones. 

OOOOH AND HE FIRED AT THE TIMELESS OF HER TIME. 

13 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

Hmm let me think...because I've been directly affected by the lack of gheera of certain men? And I've seen it affect people I know too. After all, men are half the population and alot of them arent such great quality. 

SHE FIRED BACK!!!

FEMALES - 4 points to GRYFINDOR!

MALES - 3 points to SLYTHERIN

13 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

That's the thing. Why can't men just refrain from talking to women? It's not that hard.

We (I) don't talk to women though... 

Edited by Ali~J

31 minutes ago, Ali~J said:

But until then...

I just want to say, I respect a lot of men who have this mentality. And I respect that men go through a lot of times where endurance is key. 

Allah is merciful though, and every patient person will have a successful road ahead of them.

It’s hard and I’m sorry that it’s so difficult sometimes, but it shows a lot of strength. 

This goes to you too, @AStruggler. And every other man that thinks the same way.

Though, @AStruggler, women are affected by it because when there’s no gheera, who’s left to protect us? Who’s there when we have our own hardships? 

I’m not for or against any gender here. Men go through a lot of hardship with their urges that I actually wished women would be able to empathize with. 

The same thing go with women, that I wished a lot of men would empathize with. 

Both genders have strengths and weaknesses. 

ANYWAYS BACK TO MY COMMENTATORSHIP!!!

Edited by Ruqaya101

21 minutes ago, AStruggler said:

and this doesn't even have to be about physical attraction to them, the difficult challenge could just be simply refraining from the unneeded social company of women. 

For me brø it's just difficulty to lower my gaze and refrain from urges.

I never speak to or be in the unnecessary company of women alone ever.... Even not alone I try to distance myself away from them... 

3 minutes ago, AStruggler said:

You're talking to me right now, it's not just our fault lol

You quoted me first bhai, also this is a public discussion. I was referring to normal conversations and Male-female friendships.

Edited by 2Timeless

6 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

Why can men not control themselves and please get their minds off of women and focus on things that will help them grow physically, mentally and emotionally?

Maturity & culture play a major factor. In fact, I daresay they are the only factors.

I'll play the Devil's Advocate and let @Ruqaya101 do the commentary :grin:

Here's my pitch:

TITLE: WOMEN CREATE WEAK MEN.

Men have not become weak and corrupted in a vacuum; women (mothers, wives, sisters) have played a major role in making them so. Here's how!

If there aren't many "real" men around, it stands to reason that there aren't many "real" women around either.

Both genders compliment each other. When traditional gender roles are abandoned and thrown into disarray, it has an effect on how each gender relate to themselves and to the world. 

More of you get higher secular education than ever before, more of you are financially independent than ever before, more of you work outside home, more of you are "bored" out of your brains at the thought of being a homemaker.

More and more of you want to play THE MAN - not out of compulsion but out of desire.

You neglect your kids and let your husbands wander whilst you're busy becoming a "strong" and "independent woman," as though it's an end in itself!

Au contraire, men are under immense social pressure to keep up with traditional gender roles and expected to be strong, assertive, authoritative, self-assured, chivalrous, brave, breadwinners, protectors etc

They can't - not while you've usurped their role.

There is a failure of motherhood in this generation & how women raise their boys. Napoleon said, give me good mothers, I shall give you a good nation. 

What happened to the "real" women? Why are they raising weak, frustrated, pampered, egotistical, fragile, mummy-daddy dimwits who can't carry themselves in the world?

7 minutes ago, Marbles said:

Why are they raising weak, frustrated, pampered, egotistical, fragile, mummy-daddy dimwits who can't carry themselves in the world?

Because they married weak little dimwits who were raised that way by the biggest influence in their life - their fathers who were the exact same. 

I don’t understand what you find so repulsive about a woman getting educated and earning her own money instead of acting like a damsel in distress waiting for the tiny scraps her egotistical husband would throw at her. 

Edited by 2Timeless

1 hour ago, Marbles said:

men are under immense social pressure to keep up with traditional gender roles and expected to be strong, assertive, authoritative, self-assured, chivalrous, brave, breadwinners, protectors etc

They can't - not while you've usurped their role.

Yeah, yeah. Always blame the women for everything. :dry:

If women were getting stronger and assertive men should have upped their game and showed them who's in charge. Instead they just chose to retreat in a corner, letting women take over many of their responsibilities,  secretly enjoying this new role while outwardly complaining of how women are failing are being women. 

18 minutes ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Men are 100% absolute rubbish 

Wrong sentence sister. It should be either "100%" or "absolute". Using both words like that is improper.

Just wanted to correct it for you.