Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruqaya101

Where did Gheera go??

Rate this topic

Is there any Gheera left?? I got into a very big argument today with some relatives and family friends. A woman had called the family friend (the mother), and was crying on the phone saying she was out in the streets with her wailing child because her husband wanted her to sell all her gold so he can go overseas and they got into a fight.

The woman was obviously in need of help and for someone to lend a hand. What made me furious was all the relatives/family friends did was tell her to go back to her house and sell her gold anyway, otherwise the fights will just continue. She told them she just wanted to come over for a little bit just so she can feel welcome somewhere and the family friends said that they couldn't do anything for her, LIE. 

Where did peoples Gheera go?? This is so disheartening and upsetting, I couldn't control myself and broke down that if I were in a similar case to that, I'd still be out in the streets. 

Its very rare to find anyone with Gheera, nowadays. 

When I questioned the relatives about it, they said, "its none of our business, thats their family issues."

I got upset and tried explaining to them to stay out of their family but to at least help the poor woman.

What is wrong with people? 

3 minutes ago, Ruqaya101 said:

Selfishness.

Nothing's ruined the humanity more than the statement ,' It's their problem' Not saying we should poke our nose into everyone's business but too many people have used this statement to look away and continue merrily with their own lives. People tend to forget that It could have been them instead of her. 

Someone should have invited her in their home, offered her cup of tea, a meal and few soothing words. 

Just now, starlight said:

Someone should have invited her in their home, offered her cup of tea, a meal and few soothing words. 

I just convinced my mum and dad to get her phone number from the family friends so we can get her.

But your right... People are just selfish nowadays, it disgusts me.

14 hours ago, Ruqaya101 said:

Is there any Gheera left?? I got into a very big argument today with some relatives and family friends. A woman had called the family friend (the mother), and was crying on the phone saying she was out in the streets with her wailing child because her husband wanted her to sell all her gold so he can go overseas and they got into a fight.

The woman was obviously in need of help and for someone to lend a hand. What made me furious was all the relatives/family friends did was tell her to go back to her house and sell her gold anyway, otherwise the fights will just continue. She told them she just wanted to come over for a little bit just so she can feel welcome somewhere and the family friends said that they couldn't do anything for her, LIE. 

Where did peoples Gheera go?? This is so disheartening and upsetting, I couldn't control myself and broke down that if I were in a similar case to that, I'd still be out in the streets. 

Its very rare to find anyone with Gheera, nowadays. 

When I questioned the relatives about it, they said, "its none of our business, thats their family issues."

I got upset and tried explaining to them to stay out of their family but to at least help the poor woman.

This was just sickening to even read. People are just heartless nowadays, they only think of themselves only. But whats worse was that her own family refused to help her when she was in desperate need. everyone is selfish and busy with their own lives not thinking of anyone else

14 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

This was just sickening to even read. People are just heartless nowadays, they only think of themselves only. But whats worse was that her own family refused to help her when she was in desperate need. everyone is selfish and busy with their own lives not thinking of anyone else

This isn't Islamic... Its culture.

Many, Many cultures think this way, not to poke their nose into other peoples business.

I wish people realised the barakah of kindness and the rewards of reconciliation.

Abu 'Abd Allah [(عليه السلام)] said:
Any believer who relieves a distress from another believer, Allah will relieve seventy distresses from him, of the distresses of the world and the distresses of the Day of Resurrection.

It has been reported that Abu 'Abd Allah [(عليه السلام)] said:
If any believer asks his fellow brother to help him and he refuses while he is able to do, Allah will impose on him a serpent in his grave to bite his fingers

It has been reported that Abu 'Abd Allah [(عليه السلام)] said: The Prophet [(عليه السلام)] said:
Whoever relieves his grieving brother from a sorrow or distress, Allah will record for him seventy-two mercies; of them, one He shall hasten to him in this world in order to improve his worldly affairs, and seventy-one (will be postponed) to alleviate the horrors of the hereafter.

The Holy Prophet Muhammad (S) said: “Anyone who goes to make peace between two persons, the angels of Allah send blessings upon him until he returns and he will be given the reward of the Night of Destiny (Laylat al-Qadr).”

Problem is, such families refuse to intervene when intervention can actually help resolve stuff, then end up having to bear the burden of resolving the problem when the proverbial milk has been spilt. A man harassing/ asking you to sell your gold is quite likely going to ditch you sooner or later (its quite a pattern ive noticed in my personal and professional life). So the family can refuse to help now, then what will they do if naudhbillah the man does get her gold, goes overseas and deserts her?

1 minute ago, starlight said:

The Holy Prophet Muhammad (S) said: “Anyone who goes to make peace between two persons, the angels of Allah send blessings upon him until he returns and he will be given the reward of the Night of Destiny (Laylat al-Qadr).”

I actually knew this already, and I had told the family of it this morning and they were like, "times are different"

2 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

asking you to sell your gold is quite likely going to ditch you sooner or later (its quite a pattern ive noticed in my personal and professional life). So the family can refuse to help now, then what will they do if naudhbillah the man does get her gold, goes overseas and deserts her?

Actually, its quite common here, but they don’t desert them, they just go for a holiday for 4-5 months come back and treat the women like nothing.

Its all ignorance.

On the topic, this story vexed me.

https://www.independent.co.United Kingdom/news/world/middle-east/yemen-war-sexual-reproductive-health-women-unfpa-a9112471.html

Yemeni woman recounts horror of husband trying to divorce her after labour left her incontinent

12 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Salam independent news is mostly biased against Muslims specially Shias & it doesn't mention that poor health condition of Yemeni women & shutting down health care center is due of inhuman sanctioning of Yemen by KSA & majorty of Yemenis can't afford paying high health prices that made by KSA sanction.

11 hours ago, Ruqaya101 said:

What a world this has come to...? Allah Allah bil dha3eefain!

10 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam independent news is mostly biased against Muslims specially Shias & it doesn't mention that poor health condition of Yemeni women & shutting down health care center is due of inhuman sanctioning of Yemen by KSA & majorty of Yemenis can't afford paying high health prices that made by KSA sanction.

I think you will find generally the Indy has been quite open about the humanitarian crisis largely being caused by sanctions and coalition airstrikes etc.

That sounds much like my mom's story. She sold all her jewelry (even wedding ring), everything she owned, and used her salary to follow her husbands dream of going abroad. She was also kicked out of the house during a fight, along with one of my older siblings (who was a baby) at night once too. She had no one to support her. 

Edited by Lilly14

2 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Since jealousy also carries the meaning of "vigilant", is that added to "protective"?

Aah, I see what you mean.

I guess so. But "protective" as well, would correlate to different scenarios. 

For example, with the woman that was in the streets with her baby, any man with gheera, even if not related to her, or even knows her, should help. They should feel that she is their responsibility.