Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Abu Hadi

Just curious - what country / city / regions most on ShiaChat are from?

Rate this topic

A few friends who were on Shia Chat before and I are having an ongoing debate about what country / city / regions most on ShiaChat are from. My theory was that the majority are from 3 places, London (plus surrounding areas), Toronto(plus surrounding areas), and Gulf States (Kuwait, Dubai, UAE). Please help me get some real data on this. Just tell me which country, city you live in. Thank you and Salam. 

7 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

Gulf States

Persian Gulf :dwarf::furious::threatenlumber::braveheart:

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

11 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

A few friends who were on Shia Chat before and I are having an ongoing debate about what country / city / regions most on ShiaChat are from. My theory was that the majority are from 3 places, London (plus surrounding areas), Toronto(plus surrounding areas), and Gulf States (Kuwait, Dubai, UAE). Please help me get some real data on this. Just tell me which country, city you live in. Thank you and Salam. 

I think the majority of SCers come from the US and Canada. After that United Kingdom and then Pakistan.

In terms of ethnicity or background I think the desis (Pakistanis plus some stray Indians) are the most numerous. We've had members from East Africa who are of desi descent. We are like the Chinese of ShiaChat. We are everywhere.

It's been like this for a long time.

Guest window

I imagined there'd be more people from Michigan. Dearborn, Dearborn Heights, Hamtramck are basically Arabic towns. We even have the biggest Mosque in America (which happens to be Shia heheh)

8 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

:ws: Abu Hadi

Rural area, Punjab, Pakistan.

Complete :shock: 

The same for this one:

1 minute ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Born, raised and reside in India. 

I never envisioned either of these. Especially Darth's. You brother, l imagined was in California.

6 hours ago, habib e najjaar said:

Kenya - East Africa.:bye:

Born, Raised, Resident 

(@Marbles - you didn't copyright it)

Great! And also another complete surprise.

5 hours ago, hasanhh said:

I never envisioned either of these. Especially Darth's. You brother, l imagined was in California.

The beauty of not seeing peoples faces is that we relate to one an other as basic human beings without the filters of race, culture or ethnicity.

3 hours ago, Revert1963 said:

The beauty of not seeing peoples faces is that we relate to one an other as basic human beings without the filters of race, culture or ethnicity.

l like ShiaChat's geographic diversity, but l didn't know what our  regional numbers were. Thanks @AkhiraisReal

But still we all would use English here, so it's still a great filter. We can't really escape from the reality of race, culture or ethnicity.

I agree.  

Unfortunately some people use that faceless communication as means of saying things to others that they would never dare to say to their faces in person.    

I live in Sweden by the way.