Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Cool said:

Surah An-Nisa, Verse 18:
وَلَيْسَتِ التَّوْبَةُ لِلَّذِينَ يَعْمَلُونَ السَّيِّئَاتِ حَتَّىٰ إِذَا حَضَرَ أَحَدَهُمُ الْمَوْتُ قَالَ إِنِّي تُبْتُ الْآنَ وَلَا الَّذِينَ يَمُوتُونَ وَهُمْ كُفَّارٌ أُولَٰئِكَ أَعْتَدْنَا لَهُمْ عَذَابًا أَلِيمًا

And repentance is not for those who go on doing evil deeds, until when death comes to one of them, he says: Surely now I repent; nor (for) those who die while they are unbelievers. These are they for whom We have prepared a painful chastisement.
(English - Shakir)

Brother, no offense, but did you read any other comments in this thread? This is the third time this is being brought up...

1 hour ago, Jaane Rabb said:

Even if sincere, it was too late and wouldn't have been accepted as per verses below:

[4:17] The repentance accepted by Allah is only for those who do wrong in ignorance [or carelessness] and then repent soon after. It is those to whom Allah will turn in forgiveness, and Allah is ever Knowing and Wise.

[4:18] But repentance is not [accepted] of those who [continue to] do evil deeds up until, when death comes to one of them, he says, "Indeed, I have repented now," or of those who die while they are disbelievers. For them We have prepared a painful punishment.

4:18 is making a clear distinction between those that repent upon the approach of death [which is the state that Pharaoh was at when he called out to God] with those that die as disbelievers. Both rejected.

Wallahu Alam.

15 hours ago, Kaya said:

As for the verse 4:18 where Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) says: "But repentance is not [accepted] of those who [continue to] do evil deeds up until, when death comes to one of them, he says, "Indeed, I have repented now," or of those who die while they are disbelievers. For them We have prepared a painful punishment.". This verse refers to someone simply "saying" that he repents. Similar to the Bedouin Arabs mentioned in the verse 49:14 "The bedouins say, "We have believed." Say, "You have not [yet] believed; but say [instead], 'We have submitted,' for faith has not yet entered your hearts". Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) says that faith has not entered into their hearts even though they said "We have believed".

15 hours ago, Kaya said:

The Prophet (S) said: “Anyone who repents a single year before death, his repentance will be accepted by Allah. A year is very much. He who repents a month before his death, his repentance will be accepted by Allah. A month is also very much. He who repents a week before his death, his repentance will be accepted by Allah. A week is very much. He who repents a day before death, his repentance will be accepted by Allah. A day is very much. He who repents before he closes his eyes for death, his repentance will be accepted by Allah.

Source: https://www.al-Islam.org/ahlul-bayt-ethical-role-models-Sayyid-Mahdi-sadr/repentance (Quoted from al-Wafi; part 3 page 182 (as quoted from al- Kafi).

Then, Pharaoh's heart finally accepts the truth of God's existence when he sees his armies destroyed, hence Moses' prayer 'that they believe not until they see the painful punishment'.

And here you go, Firoun is in Hell Fire:

Pharaoh said: "O Chiefs! no God do I know for you but myself: therefore, O Haman! light me a (kiln to bake bricks) out of clay, and build me a lofty palace, that I may mount up to the God of Moses: but as far as I am concerned, I think (Moses) is a liar!" And he was arrogant and insolent in the land, beyond reason,- He and his hosts: they thought that they would not have to return to Us! So We seized him and his hosts, and We flung them into the sea: Now behold what was the end of those who did wrong! And we made them (but) leaders inviting to the Fire; and on the Day of Judgment no help shall they find. In this world We made a curse to follow them and on the Day of Judgment they will be among the loathed (and despised). [28:38-42]

Edited by Abu Nur

10 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

And here you go, Firoun is in Hell Fire:

Pharaoh said: "O Chiefs! no God do I know for you but myself: therefore, O Haman! light me a (kiln to bake bricks) out of clay, and build me a lofty palace, that I may mount up to the God of Moses: but as far as I am concerned, I think (Moses) is a liar!" And he was arrogant and insolent in the land, beyond reason,- He and his hosts: they thought that they would not have to return to Us! So We seized him and his hosts, and We flung them into the sea: Now behold what was the end of those who did wrong! And we made them (but) leaders inviting to the Fire; and on the Day of Judgment no help shall they find. In this world We made a curse to follow them and on the Day of Judgment they will be among the loathed (and despised). [28:38-42]

Did you read the rest of the thread brother? :confused:

22 minutes ago, Kaya said:

Did you read the rest of the thread brother? :confused:

Do you accept ahadith? which can give you the interpretation of following verse:

Surah Yunus, Verse 92:
فَالْيَوْمَ نُنَجِّيكَ بِبَدَنِكَ لِتَكُونَ لِمَنْ خَلْفَكَ آيَةً وَإِنَّ كَثِيرًا مِّنَ النَّاسِ عَنْ آيَاتِنَا لَغَافِلُونَ

But We will this day deliver you with your body that you may be a sign to those after you, and most surely the majority of the people are heedless to Our communications.
(English - Shakir)

Abdul Wahid Muhammad Bin Abdous Al Neyshapouri Al Ataar narrated to us, from Ali Bin Muhammad Bin Quteyba, from Hamdan Bin Suleyman Al Neyshapouri, from Ibrahim Bin Muhammad Al Hamdany who said,
‘I said to Al-Hassan Al-Reza (عليه السلام), ‘For which reason did Allah (azwj) Mighty and Majestic Drown Pharaoh (la), and he had believed in Him and accepted His Oneness?’ He said: ‘Because he believed when he saw the evil (Punishment), and the belief when one sees the evil (Punishment) is not Acceptable. That is the Judgement of Allah the Exalted regarding the ancestors and the posterities. Allah the Exalted Says: But when they saw Our Punishment, they said, ‘We believe in Allah alone and we deny what we had been associating with Him [40:84] But their Eman wasn’t going to benefit them when they saw Our Punishment [40:85]’.

And Allah (azwj) Mighty and Majestic Said: The day some of the Signs of your Lord do come, a soul will not benefit from its Eman which had not believed from before, or earned goodness during its Eman [6:158].

And like this is what Pharaoh said ‘I believe that there is no God except the One in Whom the Children of Israel believe in, and I am from the submitters’ [10:90]. So it was said to him: Now! And you had disobeyed before and you were from the corrupters! [10:91] But today We will Rescue you with your body for it to become a Sign for the ones to come after you [10:92].

(Al Illal Al Sharaie – Vol. 1, Ch. 53, H. 2)