Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Liggel

The haunted grave of Hisham Bin Abd-al Malik

Rate this topic

Salam 

There is a grave in Bab-as-Saghir cemetery in Damascus, Syria which is the most haunted grave I have ever seen in my life. I went there in 2010 and I still can't forget the image that I saw. Tucked between the other graves, there is a platform there which has a small window. If you look through the window you can see a basement at quite some depth. On one side you can see stairs going down but it looks like nobody has entered the place for centuries and it's door is locked. Inside the basement, there is an arch under which you can see huge platform-type graves with triangular tombstone on top. Close up view of the photo I took of that place appears to show that the tombstone has ancient Hebrew style text written on it. The basement was so deserted and haunted that it sent chill down my spine. I was later told that it is the grave of Hisham Bin Abd-al Malik, son of Abd Al Malik ibne Marwan. Hisham was the one who poisoned Imam Zain Al abideen (عليه السلام). 

Has anyone been to Bab-as-sagheer graveyard in Damascus and seen this grave? I have a photo which I will find and upload. 

The other graves are those of his family members. He used to live in a very grand palace which he built for himself in Jericho, Palestine. Now for more than 1300 years he remains burried in this cursed haunted grave in Syria. I found a clip of the ruins of his palace in Palestine...

20 hours ago, Liggel said:

Salam 

There is a grave in Bab-as-Saghir cemetery in Damascus, Syria which is the most haunted grave I have ever seen in my life. I went there in 2010 and I still can't forget the image that I saw. Tucked between the other graves, there is a platform there which has a small window. If you look through the window you can see a basement at quite some depth. On one side you can see stairs going down but it looks like nobody has entered the place for centuries and it's door is locked. Inside the basement, there is an arch under which you can see huge platform-type graves with triangular tombstone on top. Close up view of the photo I took of that place appears to show that the tombstone has ancient Hebrew style text written on it. The basement was so deserted and haunted that it sent chill down my spine. I was later told that it is the grave of Hisham Bin Abd-al Malik, son of Abd Al Malik ibne Marwan. Hisham was the one who poisoned Imam Zain Al abideen (عليه السلام). 

Has anyone been to Bab-as-sagheer graveyard in Damascus and seen this grave? I have a photo which I will find and upload. 

Why would the tombstones be written in hebrew? :worried:

I know it doesn't look haunted in the picture, but it certainly did send chills down my spine. Others who peaked in to look through the window felt the same way. Some people with me who had seen it earlier believed it is so scary that they advised others not even to go near it. 

I don't know if it is Hebrew or ancient Arabic style. I'll upload a more close up view of the tombstone so you can see. There is clearly some inscription there (which you cannot see by zooming in on the image above which is low resolution)

Hisham also faced a revolt by the armies of Zayd bin Ali, grandson of Husayn bin Ali, which was put down because of the betrayal of the Kufans. The Kufans encouraged Zayd to revolt. Zayd was ordered to leave Kufah and though he appeared to set out for Mecca, he returned and dwelt secretly in Kufah moving from house to house and receiving the allegiance of many people. Yusuf ibn Umar al-Thaqafi, Iraq's governor, learned of the plot, commanded the people to gather at the great mosque, locked them inside and began a search for Zayd. Zayd with some troops fought his way to the mosque and called on people to come out. He then pushed back Yusuf's troops, but was felled by an arrow. Although his body was initially buried, the spot was pointed out and it was extracted, beheaded and the head sent to Hisham and later to Medina.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hisham_ibn_Abd_al-Malik

Screenshot_20190921-212921~2.jpg

Screenshot_20190921-213634~2.jpg

On 9/19/2019 at 7:25 PM, Liggel said:

Close up view of the photo I took of that place appears to show that the tombstone has ancient Hebrew style text written on it.

Do you have any clear picture of the text? I'd like to take a look at it.