Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
GuestFatimah

Contradiction between these ahadith...?

Rate this topic

Hi guys, I was just reading an online book and there's 2 hadith which literally contradict each other... Can anyone help me... Maybe I'm not actually understanding the ahadith.... 

Hadith 1

It was asked of Imām as-Ŝādiq (as): “If someone undresses his wife (and makes her naked) and looks at her, is there a problem?” He replied: “There is no problem, is there any better pleasure than this that exists?”

°alliyatul Muttaqīn, pg. 111

Hadith 2

It is narrated that Muĥammad bin al-Ais asked Imām as-Ŝādiq (as): “Is it permissible to go near my wife naked (I.e. make love naked)?” Imām replied: “No, don’t do such a thing…”

Ibid., vol. 20, pg. 137, no. 25238; pg. 138, no. 25239

So the first confusion I have is that, one hadith is saying that making the wife naked is fine but then the other one is saying that you can have sex naked... 

The second confusion I have is that it's saying to have sex with clothes on or under bedsheets like how does that even work??! 

12 hours ago, GuestFatimah said:

Hi guys,

Salam.

I was just reading an online book and there's 2 hadith which literally contradict each other... Can anyone help me... Maybe I'm not actually understanding the ahadith.... 

Hadith 1

It was asked of Imām as-Ŝādiq (as): “If someone undresses his wife (and makes her naked) and looks at her, is there a problem?” He replied: “There is no problem, is there any better pleasure than this that exists?”

°alliyatul Muttaqīn, pg. 111

^ The husband and wife are "together" since he is close enough to undress her. He is being loving and romantic. This is allowed.

Hadith 2

It is narrated that Muĥammad bin al-Ais asked Imām as-Ŝādiq (as): “Is it permissible to go near my wife naked (I.e. make love naked)?” Imām replied: “No, don’t do such a thing…”

Ibid., vol. 20, pg. 137, no. 25238; pg. 138, no. 25239

^ Approaching the wife naked could be considered a command or order to be intimate. The husband should keep his pants on until his wife shows that she is willing to be intimate with him. He shouldn't be demanding or crude. 

50 minutes ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Salam.

^ The husband and wife are "together" since he is close enough to undress her. He is being loving and romantic. This is allowed.

^ Approaching the wife naked could be considered a command or order to be intimate. The husband should keep his pants on until his wife shows that she is willing to be intimate with him. He shouldn't be demanding or crude. 

Thanks... :bye:

I was soooo confused with those ahadith... 

Being undressed is allowed but the couple should cover themselves with a sheet. There is a hadith that when a couple engages in sexual activity, Allah sends down angels who surround the couple with Allah's blessings. However if the man and wife do not cover themselves with a sheet, the angels leave because they will not see the couple being nude. 

Modesty demands that a sheet is used while sexual activity takes place. 

^ Man, I don't want angels watching me! Imagine the comments they make to each other! ..."Well, that was a short trip" :/

It's going to be at the back of my mind now... How do I unread that!?!

Edited by Jaane Rabb

5 hours ago, Jaane Rabb said:

^ Man, I don't want angels watching me! Imagine the comments they make to each other! ..."Well, that was a short trip" :/

It's going to be at the back of my mind now... How do I unread that!?!

Rest assured that angels don't backbite 

7 hours ago, Liggel said:

Being undressed is allowed but the couple should cover themselves with a sheet. There is a hadith that when a couple engages in sexual activity, Allah sends down angels who surround the couple with Allah's blessings. However if the man and wife do not cover themselves with a sheet, the angels leave because they will not see the couple being nude. 

Modesty demands that a sheet is used while sexual activity takes place. 

But ShiaChat Mod said something completely different so who is right?