Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest thinker

A girl who can’t find suitable intellectual friends

Rate this topic

Guest thinker

What does a girl do when she can’t find any intellectual religious friends? The very religious one at uni ones are all into shopping, clothes and makeup All the religious discussions are simple minded. No one wants to discuss deep subjects. Some boys do but that can’t be done much for obvious reasons.

Its such a lonely existence.

Help!

Guest Monad

define intellectual religious friends?. What do you hope and expect to discuss 24/7 365 days a year with these intellectual religious friends. What if the discussions become stale? or the individuals decide to move on to another field or topic?. or imagine egos clashing of these so called intellectuals.? I am right, no I am right, who is right? Who says you cannot debate or discuss with boys. Just do it via a group gathering or create a religious intellectual debate / book club. You seek something else, a place of belonging.

Well Imam Ali says “He who knows humanity prefers solitude”. That’s quite deep. I maybe able to relate with you. Girls nowadays discuss makeup, brands, materialistic things and sometimes I feel left out in my friends circle because I am not into all those but that’s okay. I discuss with them other life/family things and maybe they arent the most intellectual topics I still enjoy my time with them. You can always read on the intellectual subjects because trust me there isn’t a better friend than a book. :)

Hope that helps

4 hours ago, Guest Monad said:

define intellectual religious friends?. What do you hope and expect to discuss 24/7 365 days a year with these intellectual religious friends. What if the discussions become stale? or the individuals decide to move on to another field or topic?. or imagine egos clashing of these so called intellectuals.? I am right, no I am right, who is right? Who says you cannot debate or discuss with boys. Just do it via a group gathering or create a religious intellectual debate / book club. You seek something else, a place of belonging.

Well that's what shiachat is for.
I think you are right, she is looking for something else.
By the way... I missed your monadic posts!I glad that you are still here.

10 hours ago, Guest thinker said:

What does a girl do when she can’t find any intellectual religious friends? The very religious one at uni ones are all into shopping, clothes and makeup All the religious discussions are simple minded. No one wants to discuss deep subjects. Some boys do but that can’t be done much for obvious reasons.

Help!

She does nothing. Religious people in western countries don't have friends, it's so simple... And if she's a really social person she'll just have to do with her family and relatives... 

I’m in the same situation. I can’t seem to find anyone who’d have a meaningful conversation or actually discuss ideas, current events, religion, books, conspiracies, or other intriguing concepts. Unfortunately, almost every girl I meet wants to talk about what other people are up to and about make up and clothes. It’s so frustrating because I’m really not into those things so I usually have very little to contribute. This makes me a very boring person to them and so I don’t usually get invited to hang out much and neither do I wish to hang out with them much as I feel incredibly bored when I’m with them. 

I guess you just have to learn how to enjoy your own company. You can always send me a message if you’d like though :) 

9 minutes ago, Jannat786 said:

I’m in the same situation. I can’t seem to find anyone who’d have a meaningful conversation or actually discuss  conspiracies

What conspiracies?

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235063178-you-are-a-slave-and-you-have-always-been/?tab=comments#comment-3232043

Edited by AkhiraisReal

Guest Muslimah

Its okay sister. Its something I came to realize as well. Unfortunately reading something interesting and gaining self confidence is the way to go. Just make your belief strong and maybe you will be able to influence others.

On 9/18/2019 at 4:28 PM, Guest thinker said:

Help!

One advantage of the lnternet is that you can have a slow, thoughtful conversation.

Plus, you can find a site-specific-subject that you are interested in. I use to be on two others before l found ShiaChat.

On 9/18/2019 at 10:28 PM, Guest thinker said:

What does a girl do when she can’t find any intellectual religious friends?

alhamdulillah you have a description of what you are looking for. I don't know why you limit to religious only. Religious friends are for everything religious yet intellectualism is not limited to religion. With spouses though...

On 9/18/2019 at 10:28 PM, Guest thinker said:

Help!

check my topics if you want to discuss deep subjects

On 9/18/2019 at 4:28 PM, Guest thinker said:

Be careful with these words. They bring the lonely and socially inept males out of the woodwork.

Unless, of course, you're trying to do that, in which case my warning is for the lonely and socially inept males. Be careful of these words.