Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Qasim Amin

How I became A Shia Muslim

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Qasim Amin said:

:bismillah:
:salam:
This is my story on how I became a Shia Muslim. I became a Shia Muslim recently with help from friends and from ShiaChat. To begin with, I grew up in a heavily Anti-Shia society, where loads of allegations were stirred up against Shias. Some of these allegations were like Shias mixing blood with food and spitting in water etc. At first I began to believe this until I was in 7th grade, where I met a Shia person for the first ever time in my life. I had a long conversation with him about Shia Islam and he cleared many doubts, which Inclined me to be more kind to Shias. However, Some of my Sunni Friends told me that Shias are like Hindus and they whip themselves and etc, and because of this I became Anti-Shia for a while and I avoided Shias in my School. Eventually, I made many Shia friends and Sunni friends in 8th grade, yet we rarely talked about Sects in Islam, until 10th Muharram of this year. My Shia friends debated with some Sunnis over Ali (AS)' Imamate and how he should have became the first Khalifa. And I was surprised to see that My Sunni friends were Cursing Ali ((عليه السلام)) and praising Khwarij groups. They started to label people as Kafir and Munafiq and they eventually broke ties with my Shia friends. I was shocked that they insulted a Member of the Ahlul Bayt and I remained in confusion for quite some time, until my Shia friends told me to read Kitab Al Kaafi and other Shia books so I could understand them even better than what I heard from Sunnis. As I started to read Kitab al Kaafi, I became so interested in it, that I preferred some of its Ahadith over Al Bukhari. I eventually told my Shia Friends that I wanted to become a Shia. I took their advice and they told me to search online. I returned to them and I told them that I became a Shia and I believe in the Wilayat of Imam Ali ((عليه السلام)) and in Usul Ad Din. (Thanks to Shia Chat.) They told me to stay in a State of Taqiyyah and to not tell my family until a few years later when I move out. Ever since I have became Shia, I have adapted the Shia Method of Praying and I have talked a lot about Shia Islam with them. May Allah bless them for helping me see the Truth and may Allah Bestow his mercy on us all. Ameen.

Dude I remember u. You were a Sunni and then you converted to Ahmadiyya. If you don't remember me, I'll refresh your memory. My name is Hussain Haider Bilgrami, I was in Qazi's discord server and I was known as "the sperp" and that's pretty much it.

Salamu Alaykum brother, congratulations. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) protect your from evildoers. Please if you want more information feel free to check https://www.al-Islam.org/, if you want to ask, ask us in shiachat or ask professional people in https://www.al-Islam.org/ask

Mabrook to you akhi!

That is very strange that those Sunnis would curse Imam Ali(عليه السلام) as he is one of their own caliphs and its even more strange that they would praise the khawarij group because the khawarij tried to assassinate muawiya(la) which the Sunnis also believe is "rightly guided" to my understanding.

Most likely those Sunnis didnt even know their own sect or what they actually believe in, cultural Muslims in other words, the source of many problems.

I am certain none can choose to become Shia rather the Shia are chosen by Allah, therefore any (real) Shia should be very thankful to Allah. Even if common sense should dictate that there is no certification to follow the religion of the father of Hanifah born in Iraq centuries later while abandoning that of the blessed progeny of the holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). And this baseless weird preference alone is insult and animosity enough.

1 hour ago, Darth Vader said:

Even if common sense should dictate that there is no certification to follow the religion of [...]

Intellect and wisdom are gifts that God offers to all but not everyone takes them. 

I'm not sure if it was on here or elsewhere but there was a discussion about how Allah says he guides whomever He wills. The discussion basically highlighted how it was a two way thing, Allah guides whomever He wills but only those who want to be guided. I don't remember the rest of the topic but it seems right to me.

20 hours ago, Hussain Haider Bilgrami said:

Dude I remember u. You were a Sunni and then you converted to Ahmadiyya. If you don't remember me, I'll refresh your memory. My name is Hussain Haider Bilgrami, I was in Qazi's discord server and I was known as "the sperp" and that's pretty much it.

Omg ur the sperp? Damn... Its been ages since I have seen anyone ik from discord.

Mashallah brother you choose the path of Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام) Prophet Mohammed(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said Behold! The similitude of my Ahlul Bayt, is like that of the Ark of Noah: The one who embarks it, will have saved himself, and the one who turns away from it, is doomed,

Edited by Hameedeh
Extremely large fonts were reduced in size.

welcome to Shia. Allah bless you and bestows His infinite mercy on you and makes you firm in your belief! hear you are one beautiful book for you to study about virtues of Ahlul Bayt, (peace and blessings of Allah upon them).
there mercifulness, kindness, compassion, generosity, forgiveness, magnanimity etc.

The Holy Prophet, the obeisance to whom will make us Allah’s favorites, has emphatically ordered his ummah to love Ahl al-Bayt from the bottom of their hearts and to obey them under all circumstances in order to be Allah’s favorite. He has said:
“Love Allah for the blessings He has bestowed on you; love me because of your love for Allah; and love my household because of your love for me.”
Al-Amali, by al-Saduq: 364, H. 6.
Musa ibn Abd-Rabbih says: I heard from Husayn ibn Ali in the Prophet’s Mosque at the time of his father Ali ((عليه السلام).), saying: I have heard the saying of Allah’s Messenger:
“Behold! My Ahl al-Bayt are security and mercy for you. Therefore, love them for my sake and resort to them so that you will never go astray… These are Ali, my two grandsons and nine borne of Husayn who are trustworthy and infallible Imams. Behold! They are the Ahl al-Bayt and my honour - from my flesh and my blood.”
Kifayat al-Athar, 170, Bihar al-Anwar.
https://www.al-Islam.org/ahl-al-bayt-celestial-beings-Earth-allama-husayn-ansariyan