Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
AdinAnikas

Eating halal animals

Rate this topic

salam everyone

I was wondering if I would get any bad deeds if I didnt have meat, chicken and all that stuff. Is it compulsary for us to eat these thing cuz I find mutton really disgusting and ive tried to eat it but I just can’t.

3 hours ago, AdinAnikas said:

Is it compulsary for us to eat these thing cuz I find mutton really disgusting

Inshallah you will find locusts inoffensive, and while it is not compulsory to eat them, it is mustahab As far as I know.

No, it isn't compulsory to eat meat. So long as you do not try to make it impermissible for yourself or others. Eating meat every day or eating lots of it would probably not have been the sunnah of the Prophets, peace be upon them all, and I seem to remember reading that John, peace be upon him, rarely ate meat at all because of his humble life. Many Prophets lived semi-vegetarian lives just because it wasn't always possible to get meat.

Red meat according to Al-Muwatta was generally not encouraged to be eaten often, it has been compared to wine in its potential harm when over consumed. Something health experts agree with.

An excess of meat is also hard for the gut to digest, some people link this with a build up of toxins in the body, but I am not 100% of whether this is true.

Either way, so long as you don't overly deprive yourself of nutrients, then refraining from meat is okay so long as you don't make it something conceptually impermissible.

16 hours ago, AdinAnikas said:

salam everyone

I was wondering if I would get any bad deeds if I didnt have meat, chicken and all that stuff. Is it compulsary for us to eat these thing cuz I find mutton really disgusting and ive tried to eat it but I just can’t.

Salam Imam dadiq (عليه السلام) said every Shia Muslim must eats meat at least every 40 days & who doesn't have enough money can borrow money to eat meat after 40 days period & who doesn't eat meat more than 40 days his attribute & mode will change that a person must read Azan & Iqama in his/her ears like time of bearth & then gives him a little amount of halal meat.

12 hours ago, aaaz1618 said:

No, it isn't compulsory to eat meat. So long as you do not try to make it impermissible for yourself or others. Eating meat every day or eating lots of it would probably not have been the sunnah of the Prophets, peace be upon them all, and I seem to remember reading that John, peace be upon him, rarely ate meat at all because of his humble life. Many Prophets lived semi-vegetarian lives just because it wasn't always possible to get meat.

Red meat according to Al-Muwatta was generally not encouraged to be eaten often, it has been compared to wine in its potential harm when over consumed. Something health experts agree with.

An excess of meat is also hard for the gut to digest, some people link this with a build up of toxins in the body, but I am not 100% of whether this is true.

Either way, so long as you don't overly deprive yourself of nutrients, then refraining from meat is okay so long as you don't make it something conceptually impermissible.

for Shias it's not compulsory to eat meat but it recommend also there is Sunni narration that Prophet Muhammad (pbu) said to someone that he accepted goat meat from jewish woman after defeating Jews in Khaybar that Sunni sources said it was poisoned but Prophet Muhammad (pbu) ate from it & didn't die that Sunni sources say he was suffering from affect of that poisoned meat in his death bed .

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Sunni sources said it was poisoned but Prophet Muhammad (pbu) ate from it & didn't die that Sunni sources say he was suffering from affect of that poisoned meat in his death bed .

Although I personally believe the hadiths around this event aren't trustworthy I understand the point you're getting at yes.

who doesn't eat meat more than 40 days his attribute & mode will change that a person must read Azan & Iqama in his/her ears like time of bearth

who doesn't eat meat more than 40 days his attribute & mode will change that a person must read Azan & Iqama in his/her ears like time of bearth

This however doesn't ring true, it's although not eating meat for 40 days lessens your attributes as a Muslim and makes you like a baby who needs the azan sounding in the ear. Not eating meat doesn't change you as a Muslim, so long as you don't say 'meat is haram'. I'm sure the people in Afghanistan who haven't eaten meat in a year or whatever wouldn't appreciate being compared to a faithless baby.