Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

:bismillah:

Salam to All, 

There are rumors circulating in Pakistan that termite ate some 11million dollars which were collected in the name of Khums. I have just received a message in which a person is blaming Syed Sistani for not delivering the funds to the needy person timely. 

Can anyone confirm if this news is correct? 

Edited by Logic1234

That sounds like the age old excuse of "my dog ate my homework."

If Pakistan has a shiny new $11m building, you know the answer.

I sincerely hope that it was the Termites as they aren't blameworthy, but I'm not sure how Termites could get to the money. I assume it was a cheque that was left lying around in a governmental office and it must have been several Termites that got to it. If it was a cheque, why could a new one not be written out?

4 hours ago, Logic1234 said:

Salam to All, 

There are rumors circulating in Pakistan that termite ate some 11million dollars which were collected in the name of Khums. I have just received a message in which a person is blaming Syed Sistani for not delivering the funds to the needy person timely. 

Propaganda 

5 hours ago, Logic1234 said:

There are rumors circulating in Pakistan

Usually these are spread by people who are too tight-fisted to give khums and who need some sort of excuse to explain their moral decrepitude.

Guest Monad

termites = humans. This is a code.

Blaming Sistani, meaning, sorry it was stolen, but we need to blame someone to distract the peasant class, while those with authority to give us more to steal.

4 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

Usually these are spread by people who are too tight-fisted to give khums and who need some sort of excuse to explain their moral decrepitude.

A perhaps some  do not like the idea of giving khums to a hierarchical model, where ones blood deserves more then the other. consider that a particular blood type, get X amount and marries X amount, while the giver cannot even marry or live comfortably. So far I have not seen any transparency in showing how khums is allocated. How do they define the amount in assisting blood type X?.

Should we give single blood type X enough to live on, or do we give blood type X to marry and procreate?.

What if you give blood type X more they should and do not work, while blood type Y has to work for that same amount?.

solve the economic problem and many wont have problem with it. Of course if they are rich and greedy, then this also tells us how they made their wealth in the first place.

On 9/18/2019 at 4:32 PM, Logic1234 said:

Salam to All, 

Salam every time Wahabist are spreading these type of rumors that Shia scholars are stealing money of people in name of Khums & spending it for themselves not people because wahabist are against collecting Khums by Shia Scholars & trying to show it as haram money.

On 9/18/2019 at 10:33 PM, Guest Monad said:

A perhaps some  do not like the idea of giving khums to a hierarchical model,

Time to make a cup of tea, sit back, relax and watch the fireworks.

This one could run for a while or mebbe get locked.

I think of more interest should be are khums collections supposed to accounted for just like normal funds handled by a person/organization? If they should, what is the extent of the transparency and accountability that we, as an ummah, uphold and expect. Can we improve on this area? Have there been incidences of major embezzlement by organizations holding funds in trust on behalf of the ummah or specific entitled groups?

After all...

photo5782715784215245788.jpg