Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Hussain Haider Bilgrami

Was Abu Talib (as) a Prophet?

Rate this topic

Just to quickly clarify, we are not talking about the first Imam (عليه السلام). We are talking about his father called Abu Talib (عليه السلام). I heard some theory saying that he was a Prophet just like how Harun (عليه السلام) and Musa (عليه السلام) were both Prophets at the same time. We only know 30 or something Prophets if I am aware but there are thousands of Prophets that we don't know. The theory claims that Abu Talib (عليه السلام) is one of them. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this, Shukraan!

All the ancestors of the Holy Prophet of Islam ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).) and Ali ((عليه السلام).) from Quedar (Cedar) to Abdullah and Abu Talib followed the Sheriat of Prophet Ibrahim ((عليه السلام)) and they were successors of Prophet Ismail ((عليه السلام).). Abu Talib was the last successor; after the advent of Islam, he followed the Holy Prophet. They were 'Wasi' (successor) of Ismail, ((عليه السلام).), not 'Nabi' themselves. 

(Prophethood by Sayyed saeed Akhtar Rizvi, part 1, pg. 12) 

Abu Talib (عليه السلام) followed Rasool-Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). I assume that Abu Talib (عليه السلام) and Rasool-Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) were both Prophets for 9 years but then Abu Talib (عليه السلام) passed away and Rasool-Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) became the last Prophet. I am not sure if I believe this theory or not, it sounds interesting though.

16 hours ago, Hussain Haider Bilgrami said:

Just to quickly clarify, we are not talking about the first Imam (عليه السلام). We are talking about his father called Abu Talib (عليه السلام). I heard some theory saying that he was a Prophet just like how Harun (عليه السلام) and Musa (عليه السلام) were both Prophets at the same time. We only know 30 or something Prophets if I am aware but there are thousands of Prophets that we don't know. The theory claims that Abu Talib (عليه السلام) is one of them. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this, Shukraan!

Salam Hazrat Abu Talib (رضي الله عنه) wasn't a Prophet or messenger & he was following religion of Prophet Ibarahim (عليه السلام) & converted to Islam after announcing prohethood by Prophet Muhammad (pbu) but wahhabist & rest of anti Shia gropus are claiming that he died as a disbeliever & will be hell (nauzubillah) to humilate Imam Ali (عليه السلام) but annoucing him as a Prophet or messenger & etc is guluw

1 hour ago, Hussain Haider Bilgrami said:

Abu Talib (عليه السلام) followed Rasool-Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). I assume that Abu Talib (عليه السلام) and Rasool-Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) were both Prophets for 9 years but then Abu Talib (عليه السلام) passed away and Rasool-Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) became the last Prophet. I am not sure if I believe this theory or not, it sounds interesting though.

this is ghuluv that created in response of wahhabists that call Abutalib (رضي الله عنه) as a disbeliever (Nauzubillah)

9 hours ago, aaaz1618 said:

Successor in what?

Ali or Abu Talib? Sorry, confused.

Salam Abutalib (رضي الله عنه) was father of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) that people that are keeping respect of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) but don't recognize him as Imam so call him Ali ibn Abutalib (Abitalib)

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

23 hours ago, Hussain Haider Bilgrami said:

brother avoid two kinds of people ghulaat and nasibis.