Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
AdinAnikas

I've been thinking a lot more about death lately

Rate this topic

salam everyone

my granpa passed away on 30th august and after hearing how easily he passed away like within minutes at home(heart attack) I just couldnt stop thinking about how I might die the next day,

my heart aches all the time, I know you shouldnt be scared of death but I love my family a lot, everyday when I leave for college I feel like some will kidnap me and murder me, I don’t want that kind of death, how lucky was my granpa to die so peacefully, when I think of my dreams and schedule things for tomorrow I just think what if there is no tomorrow and what if I die in my sleep and my parents read my plans for that day, im literally crying now. I was never like this I don't know whats happening to me, have I become really scared of death or do I not want to lose my parents and brothers or am I scared of how my soul might come out of my body and ill be able to see people mourning on my dead body or the squeezing and horrors of grave or the lonliness over there, my heart has been aching everyday, my life could end any second and I would never see my baby brother again or he wouldnt remeber how much I loved him or the memories I had with him and other 2 brothers or my parents

if someone could tell me what I could do to stop feeling this way and do families unite in the barzakh, I would be really thankful

11 hours ago, AdinAnikas said:

my granpa passed away

wa alykun salam wrwb

Do not be saddened by death for it is a reality. It is not a negative thing & it is not an absence of life. 

ws

13 hours ago, Mzwakhe said:

wa alykun salam wrwb

Do not be saddened by death for it is a reality. It is not a negative thing & it is not an absence of life. 

ws

im just saddened about the things that come with with like the greif, the grave etc

On 9/16/2019 at 10:58 AM, AdinAnikas said:

salam everyone

my granpa passed away on 30th august and after hearing how easily he passed away like within minutes at home(heart attack) I just couldnt stop thinking about how I might die the next day,

my heart aches all the time, I know you shouldnt be scared of death but I love my family a lot, everyday when I leave for college I feel like some will kidnap me and murder me, I don’t want that kind of death, how lucky was my granpa to die so peacefully, when I think of my dreams and schedule things for tomorrow I just think what if there is no tomorrow and what if I die in my sleep and my parents read my plans for that day, im literally crying now. I was never like this I don't know whats happening to me, have I become really scared of death or do I not want to lose my parents and brothers or am I scared of how my soul might come out of my body and ill be able to see people mourning on my dead body or the squeezing and horrors of grave or the lonliness over there, my heart has been aching everyday, my life could end any second and I would never see my baby brother again or he wouldnt remeber how much I loved him or the memories I had with him and other 2 brothers or my parents

if someone could tell me what I could do to stop feeling this way and do families unite in the barzakh, I would be really thankful

It is possible to reach a level in your spiritual journey where you smile when death is mentioned. Such a level is within reach.  It actually brings you a very warm welcoming feeling when death is brought up.  In fact you feel already familiar with it (it is like you already know what it is, and you will just laugh about it).  

And it won’t really matter “how” you die, whether you die from an illness or whether you die in your sleep, You wouldn’t be too concerned about it as it will appear to be secondary.  

Let your fear of death be a sign from God. A sign that age is asking you to accept death.  

Edited by eThErEaL

On 9/16/2019 at 6:58 PM, AdinAnikas said:

salam everyone

This is just a phase you’re facing because you witnessed a close death in your family. I went through something similar but its always good to be aware about death as it is a sign of an awoken soul. The fear will help you stay on the right path and avoid haram