Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Mortadakerim

Tafsir of surah 28:68

Rate this topic

19 hours ago, wmehar2 said:

This is not proven.

However we cannot reach consenus. The verses you referred to after I see as referring to the revelation of Qur'an not hadith of Prophet.

Following the Prophet means following the Qur'an?

Sunnis view: Sources of Religion are Qur'an and sunna ie obeying the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)

Shia View: Sources of religion are Qur'an and sayings and actions of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and Infallible Imams

Sufi View: Sources of religion are Qur'an and sunna is obeying the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)

Sufis regard Muhammad as al-Insān al-Kāmil, the primary perfect man who exemplifies the morality of God,[13] and see him as their leader and prime spiritual guide.

Qur'an view: Following the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) being excellent role model

Hadith rectors ie Quransit view: Following the Prophet s.aw means to follow the Qur'an

The facts are self explanatory to completely reject the thoughts of those who reject hadith altogether that look for supplementary text from people like me but deny to accept the Prophet sunna as source of guidance after the verses of Qur'an.

Any one who disgraces the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) respect even  through rejection of sunna sayings and actions seems a guilt of blasphemy.

wasalam

Edited by Muslim2010

8 minutes ago, Muslim2010 said:

Following the Prophet means following the Qur'an?

Sunnis view: Sources of Religion are Qur'an and sunna ie obeying the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)

Shia View: Sources of religion are Qur'an and sayings and actions of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and Infallible Imams

Sufi View: Sources of religion are Qur'an and sunna is obeying the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)

Sufis regard Muhammad as al-Insān al-Kāmil, the primary perfect man who exemplifies the morality of God,[13] and see him as their leader and prime spiritual guide.

Qur'an view: Following the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) being excellent role model

Hadith rectors ie Quransit view: Following the Prophet s.aw means to follow the Qur'an

The facts are self explanatory to completely reject the thoughts of those who reject hadith altogetehr named as quranist that look for supplementary text from people ike me but deny to accept the Prophet sunna as source of guidance after the verses of Qur'an.

Any one who disgraces the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) respect even  through rejection of sunna sayings and actions is a guilt of blasphemy.

wasalam

Say what you want.

I don't think we have  his sayings and teachings.

Is there eveN a hadith that says my teachings and sunnah are complete ?

No.  Because they are incomplete by definition.

3 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

Any one who disgraces the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) respect even  through rejection of sunna sayings and actions is a guilt of blasphemy.

wasalam

Good thing that isn't for you to decide. 

The Prophet gave and recited the message,  I accept the message but you call me a blasphemer. 

Reproachable.

Good thing Qur'an has no shred of evidence to support this blaspheming accusation.

If I was half the jerk you were being @Muslim2010 , I would say it's blasphemy to call Allah's book incomplete without sunnah when it Says it's fully detailed  with no contradiction and nothing left out. By calling me a blasphemer and others who beleive Qur'an alone is sufficient.

But I don't beleive that despite your opinion.

Many of us grew up learning about sunnah first and stories and not Qur'an.   

You blame them as blasphemer when they try to read the Qur'an without bias or plainly?  You wouldn't give them a hard time if they switched to Shia ideology ?  Would you ?

There's something to be said about those who want to be sincere and attempt to be critical of their beliefs and challenge them than blindly accept them.

Edited by wmehar2

8 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

Good thing that isn't for you to decide. 

The Prophet gave and recited the message,  I accept the message but you call me a blasphemer.

Exaggeration of words like we have seen throughout in this thread. I describe the view as quoted by school of thoughts in religion

Edited by Muslim2010

18 minutes ago, Muslim2010 said:

Any one who disgraces the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) respect even  through rejection of sunna sayings and actions seems a guilt of blasphemy.

What exaggeration ?

14 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

You follow them don't you ? A school of thought ?

You know the schools of thought who interpret so called infallible hadith when they themselves were fallible? 

Don't even tell me within Shia school of thought your scholars unanimously agree. They don’t. Differing marjas, and even the ones who call themselves Shia split into sects based on differences of opinions.

Or are you one who call themselves Sunni.

The guys who... you know

For them...Where It's ok that prayer variation is slightly different among each other, as long as they're following something they believe to come from the Prophet , even though they don’t think the other schools hadith justification for those different praying styles is sound..... because the main belief is close enough?   Plus thousands of other hadith examples?

What backwards hypocrisy.  

Then they give fatwas of takfirism. 

@Muslim2010

But the same scholars call those who use only Qur'an blasphemers?

When they themselves disagree with other schools because the same hadith show them something different ?

@Muslim2010

Whether you believe it or not,  the only thing we have in common is we beleive in the message of Qur'an, granted through different outlets.

And we don't know anything.   We become hypocrites the second  take another who believes in the message and relegate them to blasphemers or kafir when we ourselves may have errors in our interpretations and beliefs is when we truly become corrupted despicable people. 

But you go ahead  and follow those scholars who would call others blasphemers and kafir.

It won't stop my donations and efforts to Shia and Sunni Muslims and whoever else suffers in the world. 

@Muslim2010

Edited by wmehar2

1 hour ago, wmehar2 said:

Even here one of you said "right of obedience " is on believers.   

Prophet by default is a hujjah of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) upon all creation and he has to be obeyed by all.

Surah An-Nisa, Verse 170:
يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ قَدْ جَاءَكُمُ الرَّسُولُ بِالْحَقِّ مِن رَّبِّكُمْ فَآمِنُوا خَيْرًا لَّكُمْ وَإِن تَكْفُرُوا فَإِنَّ لِلَّهِ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا

O people! surely the Apostle has come to you with the truth from your Lord, therefore believe, (it shall be) good for you and If you disbelieve, then surely whatever is in the heavens and the Earth is Allah's; and Allah is Knowing, Wise.
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Araf, Verse 158:

قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنِّي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ إِلَيْكُمْ جَمِيعًا الَّذِي لَهُ مُلْكُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ يُحْيِي وَيُمِيتُ فَآمِنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ النَّبِيِّ الْأُمِّيِّ الَّذِي يُؤْمِنُ بِاللَّهِ وَكَلِمَاتِهِ وَاتَّبِعُوهُ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَهْتَدُونَ

Say: O people! surely I am the Apostle of Allah to you all, of Him Whose is the kingdom of the heavens and the Earth there is no God but He; He brings to life and causes to die therefore believe in Allah and His apostle, the Ummi Prophet who believes in Allah and His words, and follow him so that you may walk in the right way.
(English - Shakir)

The book isn't for those not conscious of God .

It's to believers who received and accepted the messages before and will accept again.

You mean to say that Qur'an is not for kuffar of Macca, it is for Christians & Jews living there? 

23 minutes ago, Cool said:

You mean to say that Qur'an is not for kuffar of Macca, it is for Christians & Jews living there? 

It is plain and how it reads.

Per verse 2:2-6

It is a Guidance are those who have awareness of God, those who believed before and after.

The book is the guidance per the verse.

So it is to all beleivers who beleived and whose heart is a conscious or have awareness of God. Be they in Makkah or not.

Kuffar are not kuffar until the message has reached them and they know it to ve true yet reject it. Kuffar means to conceal. 

Before the message came to a person they are not kuffar.

At least according to how I understand the verses at this time.

But you go ahead  and follow those scholars who would call others blasphemers and kafir.

What about Sufis? Why are you keeping eyes closed?

Where does Sufism reject the hadith? What are the evidences of their rejection of sayings and actions of the Prophet s,a,w?

it seems you have shown double standards of trying to misguide the people with the emotional words and false assumption like use of supplementary text that may be man made is acceptable to you but the words sayings of Role model ie Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)  in the light of Qur'an are not?

Edited by Muslim2010

36 minutes ago, Cool said:

Surah Al-Araf, Verse 158:

قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنِّي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ إِلَيْكُمْ جَمِيعًا الَّذِي لَهُ مُلْكُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ يُحْيِي وَيُمِيتُ فَآمِنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ النَّبِيِّ الْأُمِّيِّ الَّذِي يُؤْمِنُ بِاللَّهِ وَكَلِمَاتِهِ وَاتَّبِعُوهُ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَهْتَدُونَ

Say: O people! surely I am the Apostle of Allah to you all, of Him Whose is the kingdom of the heavens and the Earth there is no God but He; He brings to life and causes to die therefore believe in Allah and His apostle, the Ummi Prophet who believes in Allah and His words, and follow him so that you may walk in the right way.
(English - Shakir)

Brother,  That is not the proper translation.

7:158

Say: 'O mankind, I am the Messenger of God to you all, of Him to whom belongs the kingdom of the heavens and of the Earth. There is no God but He. He gives life, and makes to die. Believe then in God, and in His Messenger, the Prophet of the common folk, who believes in God and His words, and follow him; haply so you will be guided.'

follow him whO follows God and his words which Is Qur'an.

(7:158:1)
qul
Say,
wordimage?id=21740 V – 2nd person masculine singular imperative verb
فعل أمر
(7:158:2)
yāayyuhā
"O
wordimage?id=21741 VOC – prefixed vocative particle ya
N – nominative noun
أداة نداء
اسم مرفوع
(7:158:3)
l-nāsu
mankind!
wordimage?id=21742 N – nominative masculine plural noun
اسم مرفوع
(7:158:4)
innī
Indeed I am
wordimage?id=21743 ACC – accusative particle
PRON – 1st person singular object pronoun
حرف نصب والياء ضمير متصل في محل نصب اسم «ان»
(7:158:5)
rasūlu
(the) Messenger
wordimage?id=21744 N – nominative masculine noun
اسم مرفوع
(7:158:6)
l-lahi
(of) Allah
wordimage?id=21745 PN – genitive proper noun → Allah
لفظ الجلالة مجرور
(7:158:7)
ilaykum
to you
wordimage?id=21746 P – preposition
PRON – 2nd person masculine plural object pronoun
جار ومجرور
(7:158:8)
jamīʿan
all,
wordimage?id=21747 N – accusative masculine indefinite noun
اسم منصوب
(7:158:9)
alladhī
the One
wordimage?id=21748 REL – masculine singular relative pronoun
اسم موصول
(7:158:10)
lahu
for Whom
wordimage?id=21749 P – prefixed preposition lām
PRON – 3rd person masculine singular personal pronoun
جار ومجرور
(7:158:11)
mul'ku
(is the) dominion
wordimage?id=21750 N – nominative masculine noun
اسم مرفوع
(7:158:12)
l-samāwāti
(of) the heavens
wordimage?id=21751 N – genitive feminine plural noun
اسم مجرور
(7:158:13)
wal-arḍi
and the Earth.
wordimage?id=21752 CONJ – prefixed conjunction wa (and)
N – genitive feminine noun → Earth
الواو عاطفة
اسم مجرور
(7:158:14)

(There is) no
wordimage?id=21753 NEG – negative particle
نافية تعمل عمل «أن»
(7:158:15)
ilāha
God
wordimage?id=21754 N – accusative masculine singular noun
اسم منصوب
(7:158:16)
illā
except
wordimage?id=21755 EXP – exceptive particle
أداة استثناء
(7:158:17)
huwa
Him,
wordimage?id=21756 PRON – 3rd person masculine singular personal pronoun
ضمير منفصل
(7:158:18)
yuḥ'yī
He gives life
wordimage?id=21757 V – 3rd person masculine singular (form IV) imperfect verb
فعل مضارع
(7:158:19)
wayumītu
and causes death.
wordimage?id=21758 CONJ – prefixed conjunction wa (and)
V – 3rd person masculine singular (form IV) imperfect verb
الواو عاطفة
فعل مضارع
(7:158:20)
faāminū
So believe
wordimage?id=21759 REM – prefixed resumption particle
V – 2nd person masculine plural (form IV) imperative verb
PRON – subject pronoun
الفاء استئنافية
فعل أمر والواو ضمير متصل في محل رفع فاعل
(7:158:21)
bil-lahi
in Allah
wordimage?id=21760 P – prefixed preposition bi
PN – genitive proper noun → Allah
جار ومجرور
(7:158:22)
warasūlihi
and His Messenger,
wordimage?id=21761 CONJ – prefixed conjunction wa (and)
N – genitive masculine noun
PRON – 3rd person masculine singular possessive pronoun
الواو عاطفة
اسم مجرور والهاء ضمير متصل في محل جر بالاضافة
(7:158:23)
l-nabiyi
the Prophet,
wordimage?id=21762 N – genitive masculine noun
اسم مجرور
(7:158:24)
l-umiyi
the unlettered
wordimage?id=21763 ADJ – genitive masculine singular adjective
صفة مجرورة
(7:158:25)
alladhī
the one who
wordimage?id=21764 REL – masculine singular relative pronoun
اسم موصول
(7:158:26)
yu'minu
believes
wordimage?id=21765 V – 3rd person masculine singular (form IV) imperfect verb
فعل مضارع
(7:158:27)
bil-lahi
in Allah
wordimage?id=21766 P – prefixed preposition bi
PN – genitive proper noun → Allah
جار ومجرور
(7:158:28)
wakalimātihi
and His Words,
wordimage?id=21767 CONJ – prefixed conjunction wa (and)
N – genitive feminine plural noun
PRON – 3rd person masculine singular possessive pronoun
الواو عاطفة
اسم مجرور والهاء ضمير متصل في محل جر بالاضافة
(7:158:29)
wa-ittabiʿūhu
and follow him
wordimage?id=21768 CONJ – prefixed conjunction wa (and)
V – 2nd person masculine plural (form VIII) imperative verb
PRON – subject pronoun
PRON – 3rd person masculine singular object pronoun
الواو عاطفة
فعل أمر والواو ضمير متصل في محل رفع فاعل والهاء ضمير متصل في محل نصب مفعول به
(7:158:30)
laʿallakum
so that you may
wordimage?id=21769 ACC – accusative particle
PRON – 2nd person masculine plural object pronoun
حرف نصب من اخوات «ان» والكاف ضمير متصل في محل نصب اسم «لعل»
(7:158:31)
tahtadūna
(be) guided."
158.pngwordimage?id=21770 V – 2nd person masculine plural (form VIII) imperfect verb
PRON – subject pronoun
فعل مضارع والواو ضمير متصل في محل رفع فاعل
(7:159:1)
wamin
And among
wordimage?id=21771 REM – prefixed resumption particle
P – preposition
الواو استئنافية
حرف جر
(7:159:2)
qawmi
(the) people
wordimage?id=21772 N – genitive masculine noun
اسم مجرور
(7:159:3)
mūsā
(of) Musa
wordimage?id=21773 PN – genitive masculine proper noun → Musa
اسم علم مجرور
(7:159:4)
ummatun
(is) a community
wordimage?id=21774 N – nominative feminine singular indefinite noun
اسم مرفوع
(7:159:5)
yahdūna
(which) guides
wordimage?id=21775 V – 3rd person masculine plural imperfect verb
PRON – subject pronoun
(7:159:6)
bil-ḥaqi
with truth
wordimage?id=21776 P – prefixed preposition bi
N – genitive masculine noun
جار ومجرور
(7:159:7)
wabihi
and by it
wordimage?id=21777 CONJ – prefixed conjunction wa (and)
P – prefixed preposition bi
PRON – 3rd person masculine singular personal pronoun
الواو عاطفة
جار ومجرور
(7:159:8)
yaʿdilūna
establishes justice.
159.pngwordimage?id=21778 V – 3rd person masculine plural imperfect verb
PRON – subject pronoun

6 minutes ago, Muslim2010 said:

What about Sufis? Why are you keeping eyes closed?

Where does Sufism reject the hadith? What are the evidences of their rejection of sayings and actions of the Prophet s,a,w?

it seems you have shown double standards of trying to misguide the people with the emotional words and false assumption like use of supplementary text that may be man made is acceptable to you but the words sayings of Role model ie Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)  in the light of Qur'an are not?

I've been apart of these forums for quite some time.  Before I studied Sufism under a master but by now I don't beleive I can be called or be associated with sufism.

My label should be updated. 

But I strongly Identify inner reflection and principles of akhlaq that I learned from them. I also identify with their acceptance of other Muslims into the fold of Islam.

12 minutes ago, Muslim2010 said:

Who am I misguiding ?

Were having discusion/debate. But never have I said  "I am definitely right and this is true Islam".

I've said the opposited and admitted my interpretations are my own and can be mistaken.

7 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

follow him whO follows God and his words which Is Qur'an.

Yes, follow him & obey him because of the same reason. 

16 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

Before the message came to a person they are not kuffar.

Yes but they were mushrik & were not the believers.

32 minutes ago, Cool said:

Yes, follow him & obey him because of the same reason. 

Yes but they were mushrik & were not the believers.

We very well know mushrik may change and convert.

For only Allah knows if in their hearts is an awareness  of Allah and they had no knowledge or little knowledge. But they were not Kuffar.

Those who were presented the message with evidences to prove their shirk belief was false, relegating ther idols to mere objects of no benefit or harm to them, they did become kafir after Rejecting truth when presented it in front of their eyes.

Some accepted it without rejecting. Some fought then accepted some never accepted.

I'm aware that they knew who their ancestor was, Ibrahim and they believed in Allah in addition to others due to mistaken distortion and following of their forefathers. Until the message  to them recognized as the reminder and some casted away the shirk belief.

But I don't have knowledge of who specifically.  But many mushrik did follow him whether at first or after fighting.. 

Many Jews and Christians whoever else recieved scripture or had knowledge of it, did accept Muhammad as the Messenger and followed him, and another group did not.

Either way, the above. Stated isnt entirely relevant to me.

Because the verse states whoever in their hearts is awareness of God or God fearing, and to those who beleive in Unseen,  perform prayer, spend what God provides ,who beleive what was sent down to Muhammad and before Muhammad  and believe  in hereafter . 

Mushrik potentially beleive in Allah, but have associates. 

After they are presented with message and accept it they are not mushrik.

Edited by wmehar2

Because the verse states whoever in their hearts is awareness of God or God fearing, and to those who beleive in Unseen,  perform prayer, spend what God provides ,who beleive what was sent down to Muhammad and before Muhammad  and believe  in hereafter . 

:) Lets now see the condition of "believers", how they become Kafir

Surah An-Nisa, Verse 137:
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا ثُمَّ كَفَرُوا ثُمَّ آمَنُوا ثُمَّ كَفَرُوا ثُمَّ ازْدَادُوا كُفْرًا لَّمْ يَكُنِ اللَّهُ لِيَغْفِرَ لَهُمْ وَلَا لِيَهْدِيَهُمْ سَبِيلًا

Surely (as for) those who believe then disbelieve, again believe and again disbelieve, then increase in disbelief, Allah will not forgive them nor guide them in the (right) path.
(English - Shakir)

17 minutes ago, Cool said:

:) Lets now see the condition of "believers", how they become Kafir

Surah An-Nisa, Verse 137:
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا ثُمَّ كَفَرُوا ثُمَّ آمَنُوا ثُمَّ كَفَرُوا ثُمَّ ازْدَادُوا كُفْرًا لَّمْ يَكُنِ اللَّهُ لِيَغْفِرَ لَهُمْ وَلَا لِيَهْدِيَهُمْ سَبِيلًا

Surely (as for) those who believe then disbelieve, again believe and again disbelieve, then increase in disbelief, Allah will not forgive them nor guide them in the (right) path.
(English - Shakir)

Sure 

2 hours ago, wmehar2 said:

Who am I misguiding ?

Were having discusion/debate. But never have I said  "I am definitely right and this is true Islam".

I've said the opposited and admitted my interpretations are my own and can be mistaken.

If you paid attention @Muslim2010 I said I don't believe hadith are necessary 100% must follow or else you are doomed to hell. 

I never said if you follow hadith you're going to hell or you will definitely be mislead.

When I say I reject hadith I mean to say I do not believe they are necessary for every person to be granted Jannah.

They shouldn't be put into laws and imposed onto people to follow and then give them punishment.  Granted how varied everyone believes in different kinds. They shouldn't be used to govern people.

They should be kept personal.  

So I don't understand your laughter 

9 hours ago, wmehar2 said:

When I say I reject hadith I mean to say I do not believe they are necessary for every person to be granted Jannah.

This is pretty much acceptable stance but the wordings you use need correction. Don't say you "reject" hadith, it would give the impression of total black out :). Better to say you accept only those ahadith which are in line with the verses of Qur'an.

On 9/16/2019 at 9:39 AM, Logic1234 said:

I was taught how to offer prayers by my father when I was 9 or 10 years of age. Then I saw people offer prayers differently, some open their hands while some with closed hands. Some recite bismillah loudly some don't even bother to recite bismillah or some recite it in low voice. And I observed that there were many differences. So the question arise in my mind how did the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) offered the prayers? And this question as well as others forced my to look into the hadith and verify whether I am offering prayers correctly or not. 

So yes, I have indeed learned from hadith of Imam as my father who taught me how to offer prayers, once gave me the reference of that hadith. 

Yes, I know how Jews & Christians offer prayers. I think you can observe the difference on your own. 

17:110 mentions the tone in which one should pray. But Shi'I salat doesn't follow this instruction?

I would be grateful for you to share that hadith please, which details from start to finish.

As for the prayers of the Ahle Kitab, this will be quite enlightening I think:

https://submission.org/Jews_pray_like_Muslims.html

And:

10 hours ago, Jaane Rabb said:

17:110 mentions the tone in which one should pray. But Shi'I salat doesn't follow this instruction?

And how does Shia don't follow the instructions? Please enlighten me!! 

وَلَا تَجْهَرْ بِصَلَاتِكَ وَلَا تُخَافِتْ بِهَا وَابْتَغِ بَيْنَ ذَٰلِكَ سَبِيلًا {110}

Is this verse mentioning congregational prayer or furada prayer, obligatory prayers or salatul layl? :) You need to know how Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) has offered the prayers, which prayers he recited as ikhfati & which he recited as jehri. So again, you cannot get rid of knowing about him in any way. You need to look at his qowl & fay'l (hadith & actions)

In furada prayers, every one recite Qur'an in salah  neither in very low noise that he himself cannot hear nor he recite it aloud that everyone turns towards him. In congregational prayers, there is a rule, some prayers are called Jehri, some are ikhfati. In Jehri prayers only Imam recites the Qur'an in a voice which the muqtadi can listen. In ikhfati prayers, Imam recites Qur'an in a tone which he himself can hear. 

10 hours ago, Jaane Rabb said:

I would be grateful for you to share that hadith please, which details from start to finish.

Sure I will Insha Allah share the hadith here

11 hours ago, Jaane Rabb said:

https://purifiedhousehold.com/do-you-pray-like-Imam-al-Sadiq/

The hadith is present at above link, please feel free to view how Imam Jafar Al-Sadiq (عليه السلام) taught how to offer prayers to his companion.