Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ejaz

Do the Shi’a believe Isaiah 42 refers to rasulullah?

Rate this topic

:salam:

As explained in detail by Brother Qa’im here:

there seems to be many indications that Isaiah 42 refers to the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).

However, do the Shi’a still accept that this refers to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), given that we do not support the Umayyad, Abbasid and Ottoman caliphates?

Verse 4 of Isaiah states:

he will not falter or be discouraged
till he establishes justice on Earth.
In his teaching the islands will put their hope.” (Isaiah 42:4 NIV)

So it may seem that the verse says that Islam will reach the Islands, and that the Earth will be filled with justice.

Do correct me if I’m wrong.

JazakAllahu Khayran

Edited by Ejaz

I don't see how people have come to the conclusion that that verse is talking about any specific person, Muhammad or Jesus, peace be upon them both.

Justice has not been established on Earth and if the teachings of a Prophet had been held with so much hope by various islands/continents then why is the world how it is? We can't even agree on whether the Prophet used to wipe or wash his feet. While Christians haven't always agreed on the very nature of the trinity.

I would imagine if anything this is referring to some future heroic figure. Be it a messianic figure or one who will change the world but not be of any holy stature.

Edited by aaaz1618

2 hours ago, Ejaz said:

there seems to be many indications that Isaiah 42 refers to the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).

However, do the Shi’a still accept that this refers to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), given that we do not support the Umayyad, Abbasid and Ottoman caliphates?

So it may seem that the verse says that Islam will reach the Islands, and that the Earth will be filled with justice.

JazakAllahu Khayran

have to read it.

12 hours ago, aaaz1618 said:

I don't see how people have come to the conclusion that that verse is talking about any specific person, Muhammad or Jesus, peace be upon them both.

Justice has not been established on Earth and if the teachings of a Prophet had been held with so much hope by various islands/continents then why is the world how it is? We can't even agree on whether the Prophet used to wipe or wash his feet. While Christians haven't always agreed on the very nature of the trinity.

I would imagine if anything this is referring to some future heroic figure. Be it a messianic figure or one who will change the world but not be of any holy stature.

Salaam, a lot of Muslims have used the chapter to prove the prophethood of rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). Please do read Brother Qa’im’s post as it explains some of the reasons in detail. It couldn’t be about Jesus ((عليه السلام)) because Kedar was the son of Ishmael.

Isaiah prophesied from the Temple complex area. Read Chapter 41 first. Isaiah said "from the EAST", while Mecca is essentially due South.

East from Jerusalem is a narrow fan along the 31st Parallel.

Edited by hasanhh

16 hours ago, Ejaz said:

JazakAllahu Khayran

If you can read these whole verses of Isaiah, they talk of a divine representative who will crush the idols and perhaps you can see that in Catholic Churches there are idols of Prophet Jesus (عليه السلام) and Hazrat Mariam (عليه السلام). If Christians think that it is Prophet Jesus (عليه السلام), then he ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) will himself destroy the idols and prove that Catholics are wrong. Besides that the time it will be nearing will be such that there be roads and rivers in Wilderness and voice of Arabs be heard, it means they will be influential and it is known from the existing politics that on whose directions whole of Middle East is kidnapped, it is obviously Catholic Christian countries. It shows that if it is Hazrat Jesus (عليه السلام), he will be not satisfied with the world that is being ruled by the existing rulers and he (عليه السلام) will do Jehad against them and dry their rivers and give them beatings. It shows even from Christian perspective that Hazrat Jesus (عليه السلام) will not be pleased with existing Christian rule.

As for us, we believe that Prophet Jesus (عليه السلام) will come along Imam Mehdi (عليه السلام). 

25 minutes ago, Ejaz said:

@Ashvazdanghe Salaam brother where are your posts I was going to read them?

I don't know maybe moderators deleted my posts.