Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Salam , 

my question is - why do we only cry ten days a year? Why don’t we cry when we watch the news that innocent women and children are dying all over the world. Imam Hussain’s (عليه السلام) message was fight oppression and stand for justice wherever you see it . But we only cry when we hear his name - what about all the innocent people everywhere dying why don’t we cry for them too ? 

5 minutes ago, NormaL_UseR said:

Maybe some do but probably not many 

I think anyone who sincerely cries for the tragedy of Imam Hussein (عليه السلام) cries for other oppressed people. The only difference is that people cry (metaphorically and literally) for other oppressed people all over the world on private. 

Also, I think that because theres a religious attachment to crying over Imam Hussein (عليه السلام) people cry more. There are narration that suggest that a person who cries over the tragedy of Karbala will be rewarded etc. Crying is also one of the few things we can do in relation to the tragedy of Karbala. Its not like we can donate money or physically go fight alongside the Imam etc. Whereas for example, the people in Yemen, we can raise awareness, donate money, food and clothes etc. So instead of just mourning the oppressed we can actually help them. 

48 minutes ago, NormaL_UseR said:

Salam , 

my question is - why do we only cry ten days a year? Why don’t we cry when we watch the news that innocent women and children are dying all over the world. Imam Hussain’s (عليه السلام) message was fight oppression and stand for justice wherever you see it . But we only cry when we hear his name - what about all the innocent people everywhere dying why don’t we cry for them too ? 

When Imam Hussein (عليه السلام) saw oppression did he just sit around crying about it?  The message of Kerbala is not to cry in the face of oppression.  It is to do something about it.

Edited by eThErEaL

1 hour ago, eThErEaL said:

When Imam Hussein (عليه السلام) saw oppression did he just sit around crying about it?  The message of Kerbala is not to cry in the face of oppression.  It is to do something about it.

Yes of course but we are extremely apathetic 

7 minutes ago, NormaL_UseR said:

Yes of course but we are extremely apathetic 

Salam,

who cares about the “we”.

just make sure YOU are not apathetic.  God won’t ask you about others on Judgement Day.

32 minutes ago, NormaL_UseR said:

The point is also we are so desensitised to tragedy going on around us

One of the things that I do is take a break from the news now n then, because it's generally very depressing (I can't remember the number of times I've prayed to Allah to press the red button already and end the suffering). I suppose this also helps with not allowing me to become desensitised.

The same can be said for the tradegy of Karbala. If you was to hear it throughout the year, I don't think many would be as emotional as they normally would be, come the day of Ashura. So we have an end to the mourning period and the focus shifts to other events and remembrances.

2 hours ago, NormaL_UseR said:

Salam , 

Salaam,

Even for Imam Hussain (عليه السلام), we should cry at the post Karbala events....so definitely more than 10 days. 

We should cry, mourn and protest all forms of oppression.

7 hours ago, NormaL_UseR said:

Salam , 

I think you should rephrase your post ..instead of we please replace it with I ...Cause  you don't know wheather we people ..or lets say I am doing while watching sad knews as mentioned by you ..

don’t judge others please lets first stick to self ..

Bahraini opposition calls for rallies on Ashura

https://en.abna24.com/news//bahraini-opposition-calls-for-rallies-on-ashura_974347.html

September 8, 2019 - 7:22 PM News Code : 974347 Source : IQNALink: 

Bahraini opposition calls for rallies on Ashura

Bahrain’s February 14 Youth Coalition, a major opposition group, called for rallies in the country on the day of Ashura.

Nigeria government forces kill 3 mourners on Ashura

https://en.abna24.com/news//nigeria-government-forces-kill-3-mourners-on-ashura_974556.html

September 10, 2019 - 5:24 PM News Code : 974556 Source : PressTVLink: 

Nigeria government forces kill 3 mourners on Ashura

Government forces in Nigeria have attacked mourners marking the martyrdom anniversary of Imam Hussein ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) on Ashura, killing at least three people and injuring many others.

India imposes curfew in Kashmir, bans Shia Muharram ceremonies

https://en.abna24.com/news//India-imposes-curfew-in-kashmir-bans-Shia-Muharram-ceremonies_974311.html

September 8, 2019 - 4:41 PM News Code : 974311 Source : Press TVLink: 

India imposes curfew in Kashmir, bans Shia Muharram ceremonies

New Delhi has imposed a curfew in several parts of in Indian-administered Kashmir, banning Shia Muslims from taking part in annual religious ceremonies.

Martyr Mothhary :" Shimr of our time is Israeli prime minister ,we curse him to uproot acting like as Shimr . we curse Ubaidullah & Yazid to must fight with Yazidi's government , the ruling of oppression of believers   "

https://fa.abna24.com/news/طرح-و-اینفوگرافی/اینفوگرافی-شمر-امروز،-نخست‌وزیر-اسرائیل-است_757750.html

b6119f6780723541268f1f29f1bdea62_756.jpg

Nasrallah: War on Iran will spell end of Israel, US regional presence

https://en.abna24.com/news//nasrallah-war-on-Iran-will-spell-end-of-Israel-us-regional-presence_974557.html

September 10, 2019 - 5:25 PM News Code : 974557 Source : Pars TodayLink: 

Nasrallah: War on Iran will spell end of Israel, US regional presence

The head of Lebanon’s resistance movement warns that any act of war against Iran will be tantamount to a declaration of war against the entire resistance front, stressing that any such military action will spell the end of Israel and the US military presence across the region.

881ba79e5adeaf7263a39443b1e29502_527.jpg

https://fa.abna24.com/news/طرح-و-اینفوگرافی/اینفوگرافیک-برای-دفاع-از-حرم-اهل-بیتع-آماده‌ایم_757720.html

Attending of Moqtaa sadr & General Soleimani in "Shām-I Gharībān (Farsi: شام غریبان, The Evening of Strangers)" crying 

f3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800_888.jpg

f3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800_448.jpg

156005c5baf40ff51a327f1c34f2975b_174.jpg

799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9_644.jpg

d0096ec6c83575373e3a21d129ff8fef_877.jpg

799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9_959.jpg

d0096ec6c83575373e3a21d129ff8fef_710.jpg

https://fa.abna24.com/news/ویژه-نامه-اخبار-عزای-حسینی-در-جهان/حضور-مقتدی-صدر-و-سردار-سلیمانی-در-مراسم-شام-غریبان-حسینیه-ا_757755.html

http://en.wikishia.net/view/Sham-i_Ghariban

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Photos: Muharram mourning ceremony in Nijmegen, Netherlands

https://en.abna24.com/news//photos-Muharram-mourning-ceremony-in-nijmegen-netherlands_974340.html

September 8, 2019 - 7:08 PM News Code : 974340 Source : ABNA24Link: 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): Muharram mourning ceremony held at Fatimiyah Islamic Center in Nijmegen, Netherlands.

f3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800_583.jpg

156005c5baf40ff51a327f1c34f2975b_170.jpg

Indonesia with presence of Iranian member of Ahlul Bayt Assembly 
f3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800_930.jpg

156005c5baf40ff51a327f1c34f2975b_244.jpg

799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9_655.jpg

2 hours ago, zafa said:

I think you should rephrase your post ..instead of we please replace it with I ...Cause  you don't know wheather we people ..or lets say I am doing while watching sad knews as mentioned by you ..

don’t judge others please lets first stick to self ..

I think this is where we go wrong, we are scared to upset others and rock the boat , why should I not create healthy discussion on this topic ?

Guest Pschological Warfare
22 hours ago, NormaL_UseR said:

Salam , 

my question is - why do we only cry ten days a year? 

وَإِذَا سَمِعُوا مَا أُنْزِلَ إِلَى الرَّسُولِ تَرَىٰ أَعْيُنَهُمْ تَفِيضُ مِنَ الدَّمْعِ مِمَّا عَرَفُوا مِنَ الْحَقِّ ۖ يَقُولُونَ رَبَّنَا آمَنَّا فَاكْتُبْنَا مَعَ الشَّاهِدِينَ {83}

[Shakir 5:83] And when they hear what has been revealed to the messenger you will see their eyes overflowing with tears on account of the truth that they recognize; they say: Our Lord! we believe, so write us down with the witnesses (of truth).
[Pickthal 5:83] When they listen to that which hath been revealed unto the messengers, thou seest their eyes overflow with tears because of their recognition of the Truth. They say: Our Lord, we believe. Inscribe us as among the witnesses.
[Yusufali 5:83] And when they listen to the revelation received by the Messenger, thou wilt see their eyes overflowing with tears, for they recognise the truth: they pray: "Our Lord! we believe; write us down among the witnesses.

------------------------

Humans with Humanity will cry when they hear the Truth. Not confined to 10 days.

When you drink water, you may remember the Thirst of Imam Al-Husayn(عليه السلام) and his family. 

Whenever you hear the Name of Imam Al- Husayn(عليه السلام) , your eyes may become teary. 

First ten day are of special significance due to Imam Al -Husayn(عليه السلام) reaching Karbala, Water was prevented, and on the 10th the army of the illegitimate ones/ forces of inhumanity completed the mission which started with branding the daughter of Muhammad Al-Mustafa(peace be upon him and his pure progeny), as the one not speaking the Truth in the case of Fadak, and the result of indoctrination due to cursing of the Imam Ali(عليه السلام) instituted by the illegitimate ones in power-

Ashura was the result of all the preceding events as the Ummah psyche was changed to consider the Ahlul Bayth(عليه السلام) or to be specific the five members of the Kisa( Hadith of the cloak)  as one with no importance or distinction. 

11th the family of Imam Al-Husayn(عليه السلام) was taken from the massacre ground at Karbala to the illegitimate one(s) in Kufa,(Iraq) and later to the illegitimate one(s) in Damascus(Syria). You should read the accounts. This calamity is worse in terms of what the women and children were subjected to , and considering who they were. Usually we end the Mourning on 9th Rabi al-Awwal ( Two months and about 8 days), and get back to normal life events. But the Mourning never really ends as pointed out above. 

Guest Pschological Warfare
On 9/10/2019 at 5:47 PM, NormaL_UseR said:

Why don’t we cry when we watch the news that innocent women and children are dying all over the world. 

Be proactive, not reactive. Prevention is natural in terms of your body and in terms of your society. We need to create just societies. So, tell the world about these principles and the role models, it needs to follow to combat injustice and oppression.