Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
AkhiraisReal

Greta Thunberg hype, why?

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Huh? l do not understand.

Like science induced awareness of climate change...with guilt. 

I'm sorry, I don't see the human induced. I do see changes.

John's revelation tells us there will be extreme weather conditions in the ends times. No idea how long these conditions will continue, or if you can really say it started. I've seen so many "The end is near signs" in my time I'll just let the bandwagon pass on by. To be honest, David Wilkerson told us in 1970 to get a good reliable car and take care of it, be prepared to keep it for many years. Well I just watched a 1974 Camaro sell for $27,000. I had a 75. My 1970 Javelin is around $15,000, my 68 Nova...I should have listened.

We aren't causing the 1-3 mm annual gap in the Atlantic tectonic plates. We aren't causing volcanoes, ( 2 in Indonesia, 1 in Central Mexico, 2 in Japan...today, Tokyo all week, Etna spewing for years). We haven't caused the Magnetic North to veer 1000 klms from the "True" North, nor the South to veer 2700klms. Nautical charts are now updated every 90 days. Scientists could update hourly.
I also have trouble with a global issue siting the air over China. Obama dropped 25,000 bombs per year for 8 years, yet every video I see is a clear sky, like up here next to our Boreal forest capable of absorbing more CO2 than the world can send it. Trudeau wants to add 2 billion trees, to the 80 billion trees Canada has. Russia's Boreal forest is even larger. The Amazon is not the lungs of the world.

Revelation 6:6  And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine."  Ask California what's happening to their vineyards. The fire caused by high winds, ripping old power lines, sparking up the forest...again...third time. Usually it's arson. They like to blame it on climate change, but the real reason for the rage in these fires are the tree hugger laws enforced in the 70's to protect what is now deadwood.

"Scientists" are now saying the Arctic is melting and emitting more CO2 than ever estimated, while NASA says CO2 is coming from the equator. 

The ozone layer is healing itself even though the increase use of cloro floro carbon emissions from China. NASA photos show the ozone layer thinnest or depleted at Antarctica. The thickest of the ozone is surrounding the thinnest layer surrounding Antarctica, then there's the rest of the world. One would think the thickest layer would equalize itself over Antarctica, unless it is pushed back, like a berm. 

There was an outcry of urgency to donate to the Monarch butterfly foundation up in Alberta, or buy these milkweed seeds at a donation price. Many facebook Albertans bought seeds to help with the cause. Problematic. Milkweed is an invasive species, and Monarch butterflies never migrate as far north as Alberta. Alberta has Viceroys and painted ladies, very similar but non toxic. For the sake of a butterfly sob story people put out millions, and planted invasive weeds around farmers fields.

Man is arrogant to think he can change this planet, and stupid if he thinks he can reverse it. This isn't about arrogance, it's about greed. We all know how the game of Monopoly ends. George Soros wants to rule the world before he dies, thus the panic.

Humans have changed local climates, even before there were so many of us, long before industrialization. We are not separate from nature, we are creatures, part of the creation, but remember "the Great Oxidation Event" - creatures have died of their own success before and we should be careful of that. 

Here is an illustration on why l think pollution is far more a concern than some hokey climate change mantra:

https://www.rt.com/news/473752-India-pollution-oxygen-bars/ 

Currently, while Sydney is blanketed by brush-fire-smog, other cities such as Tehran have very unhealthy air, also.

4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Here is an illustration on why l think pollution is far more a concern than some hokey climate change mantra:

Pollution is a problem, but it is one that has gotten better in most places. Flammable rivers and urban smog are much less common now than they were in the seventies and eighties. (Let's not go back to that by deregulation!)

Climate change, on the other hand, has been ignored for over a hundred years and is near the tipping point. That doesn't mean we should only worry about greenhouse gas emissions, we should continue to clean up all the types of pollution. 

Humanity isn't going to run out of resources - we will poison ourselves in waste long before then unless we charge how we consume and dispose. 

9 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

But not in the sub-Continent or East Asia. lt is like a dystopia in those places.

These are mostly "developing countries". Their regulations haven't caught up with technology yet, not even close, and enforcement is spotty at best of what environmental regulations they do have. When you're starving you don't ask where the food came from, you just eat it; similarly, the people who after desperate for money don't ask what they are exchanging for it, and the billionaires and millionaire business owners don't care. 

5 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Why wait?

Because money and bureaucracy are impediments to everything everywhere. You know this.  

Reducing the pollution would cost money - worse, it would cost millionaire and billionaire political contributors who own the polluting industries money.