Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Salam,

It's been about two months since I started learning Farsi. I still have a long way to go, but I'm already seeing progress!

Is there anyone else here who is into learning Farsi? Also what are the best ways to master this language?

4 hours ago, Golden-crowned said:

what's your mother tongue? it depends on that. 

what's your tongue? it depends on your mother:ranting:?

4 hours ago, AkhiraisReal said:

I would rather learn Arabic

Arabic too depends on your mother?

Edited by Hameedeh
Fixed the quote.

:bismillah:

:salam:

These are the books taught by al-Mustafa International University here in Qom: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1WNTfzXxZY0lyGLy46ucKNIGybzBzPgBH

Edited by Ali Mahdi

7 hours ago, Ali Mahdi said:

:bismillah:

:salam:

These are the books taught by al-Mustafa International University here in Qom: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1WNTfzXxZY0lyGLy46ucKNIGybzBzPgBH

Wsww. Excellent! Would you happen to have a similar resource for Arabic? I am looking for a good Arabic syllabus for my kids aged 5.5 to 2.

On 9/6/2019 at 12:24 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

It's been about two months since I started learning Farsi. I still have a long way to go, but I'm already seeing progress!

Is there anyone else here who is into learning Farsi? Also what are the best ways to master this language?

It might sound obvious but this really is it, continue with the course that you're using and practice as often as you can. Practice reading, writing, listening, and speaking. Reading is, without a doubt, the easiest thing to do since it's applying skills you've learned through grammar explanations and exercises, though my advice for reading is to not translate the Farsi into English. The Farsi must remain in Farsi and be comprehended by your brain as Farsi. It seems difficult initially but over time you'll start to do it easier and you'll build fluency. That way your brain will learn to deal with Farsi as Farsi, not English being translated into or out of Farsi. Last year I had developed the bad habit of translating my Latin and Hebrew whenever I read them, though in both cases I was urged by my professors to do so -- esp for assignments where I'd need to translate. This is detrimental since it is counterproductive to building fluency, this year that same Latin professor is very insistent in Greek that we must let the Greek speak for it itself, never do translations even if we've read it and want more practice. This seems a bit ridiculous but it ensures you actually are training yourself to deal with the language. Note what good composition is in the language, through your textbook or other resources such as actual Persian, and ensure when you write Persian it matches that. Listening and speaking are important since you are trained to immediately deal with comprehending with the language and responding as opposed to trying to translate in your mind and spitting something out, you just can't effectively listen to something or converse with someone like that. Listen to radio just to acclimate your ears to Persian, I remember listening to two Persian speakers argue with one another for practice. With everything you do, it'll naturally begin very slowly initially. You'll have to read simpler material as you build your vocabulary and comprehension skills, you'll perhaps only get bits and pieces initially when listening, and you'll likely make mistakes when speaking or writing, and you'll likely ask for a lot of clarification as you speak. That's fine, don't give up though or be disheartened. It'll be after looking silly a lot of times that you'll start to become fluent. If I can give you one take away, though, it's that keep your Persian in Persian, this is really key to developing fluency.

This is the first language you're studying, it's not just learning the language then, it's also learning how to learn a language. I made so many mistakes when starting out with Arabic that I am still embarrassed to think about. I often think if I knew this or that I could've learned so much better. No point thinking that because it was through those mistakes that I learned what I should do.

خسته نباشی!

On 9/11/2019 at 3:30 PM, AkhiraisReal said:

I would rather learn Arabic unless you already know it.

It's the language of our Prophets and Imams. Obviously there has been many changes probably.

It's no good forcing yourself to learn a language you are then not interested in learning, especially if you're learning on your own. Language learning is predicated on that initial motivation to drive you to learn and if you lack that then you just won't tend to do well. If you want to do Persian before Arabic, or Persian instead of Arabic, it's much better than not doing anything at all.

1 hour ago, habib e najjaar said:

Wsww. Excellent! Would you happen to have a similar resource for Arabic? I am looking for a good Arabic syllabus for my kids aged 5.5 to 2.

I've complained to friends before that Arabic pedagogy aside from the Madeena books is pretty behind. Aside from the Madeena books there really isn't anything like the JM Persian books. I've spoken to a friend about the bad need for natural and discovery method textbooks for learning Arabic, as opposed to the standard grammar-translation method books which have existed for centuries now. Ideally you have something developed in the style of Lingua Latina Per Se Illustrata, which is one of the best language textbooks ever written.

image.png

https://fa.wikibooks.org/wiki/راهنمای_آموزش_زبان_فارسی_به_غیر_فارسی_زبانان/درس_یک

image.png  image.png

https://fa.wikibooks.org/wiki/راهنمای_آموزش_زبان_فارسی_به_غیر_فارسی_زبانان/درس_یک

The Persian Language and What Makes It Fascinating

Persian / Farsi Lesson 1 - Learn Persian Alphabet  آموزش الفبای زبان فارسی

Similarities Between Arabic and Persian

How Similar are Persian and Arabic?

Similarities Between Persian and Urdu

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

10 hours ago, Ibn Al-Ja'abi said:

I remember listening to two Persian speakers argue with one another for practice. خسته نباشی!

+1

https://www.persianlanguageonline.com/learn/ is a free course in Farsi.
I think it is made by Persian expats in London so they wouldn't teach how you to say "مرگ بر آمریکا" :keeporder::grin:
I tried to find free resources for Arabic, but I think Arabic seams to be more popular so people wants to make money off Arabic courses.

Edited by Revert1963

Last night in my sleep I was dreaming in Farsi for the first time. I dreamed I was in a doctors office in a hospital. I spoke English to the Doctor. Then he went away and I sat in his office and waited for him to come back. It got evening and dark outside. In the middle of the night a security guard came and spoke a lot I didn't understand. Then I said "من بیمار است". Then he grabbed me and led me to the entrance hall. Then I woke up.

1 hour ago, Revert1963 said:

Last night in my sleep I was dreaming in Farsi for the first time. I dreamed I was in a doctors office in a hospital. I spoke English to the Doctor. Then he went away and I sat in his office and waited for him to come back. It got evening and dark outside. In the middle of the night a security guard came and spoke a lot I didn't understand. Then I said "من بیمار است". Then he grabbed me and led me to the entrance hall. Then I woke up.

باید میگفتی من مریضم :shifty::helpsos:

دورة تعليم  اللغةالفارسية ...(١)

(Learning Farsi from Arabic(Iraqi accent) in institute & with workbook)

http://alnukhab.com/

تعلم الفارسية |||أهم  العبارات  الفارسيةوالكلمات|||الفارسية

Eko language

الدرس الأول التعليم اللغةالفارسية #تعليم_اللغة_الفارسية

صباح الكوثر "تعلم معنا اللغة الفارسية"مع استاذاللغة الفارسية

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Learn Persian while you sleep most important Persian phrases and words (8 hour)

Edited by Ashvazdanghe